Gregor and Grey RC addition to RC

Panda

*This is not a server suggestion, we just want community feedback so don't deny this please*

Alright, so Chris/Boss has thought of an idea that involves Gregor, and Grey RC. The system is that there will be 10 grey RC, along with Delta/Omega and as well as Gregor. Gregor will be in charge of all the Grey RC, Grey RC is the only way to join Delta or Omega Squad. Any of the RC that is in Delta/Omega or Gregor can host Grey RC tryouts.

I am just making the post, @Chris/boss will elaborate more on this, as he was on Icefuse when this sytem was there.

I have been in RC longer than anyone on this server. I have seen it at its peak, and at its lowest. Im trying to bring RC up as close as I can from when it was considered the "Golden Age" for RC.

This was the FIRST system of the RC. When Icefuse first started. RC was basically a Batallion. Ponds was the Commander, Boss, Niner, and Gregor were considered equal Ranks at XO. But the squad leads only led their squad, and Gregor led what was known then as the Gray RC.

There was a MAXIMUM of 20, but it was decided that we would only have 10 Gray RC at MAX. That was if we could even get those numbers.

Back then, everybody wanted to be in RC, we had amazing health and armor, special weapons, great leaders, and cool armor that stood out. (Not the gay ass CGI shit). Tryouts would make you a Trainee in gray RC. And once you reached CPL. You were able to tryout for a named position IF tryouts were held. It was commonplace for handpicking. It was how I was chosen for Fixer under the command of Hydra. He saw me as the best for the role. The tryouts were incredibly difficult, and it resulted in only the BEST getting into gray RC, and only THE BEST OF THE BEST, getting into a named position.

During this time, just about everyone looked up to RC. People would always talk shit and think we were hardasses, but you could bet your sweet ass they would show up to tryouts.

I have screenshots of hosting tryouts with 30 plus people. For 1 Gray RC spot, only one could make it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=834027237

I want to make RC great again. And this is the first step.

• Agree 3

I like this because it:

A) Prepares the players in the RC environment to be more prepared when taking a lore RC.

B) You get to learn and know about the RC going into the lore character so we're not always guessing "Wait who the hell got Sev"

C) Following the last point, it really feels like the best of the best. There's a much more refined transition and build up to it. It also makes sure that people who do get a lore name are well behaved and know what they are doing.

D) If this happens with the Special Operations Brigade that Duck suggested, it would be more accurate and be cool af. 

It sounds good. However, the problems you would have;

A) Keeping track of more RCs. (Behavior, documentation, management, roleplay, etc.)

B) For the players, it means its more difficult to get into Delta/Omega. But that's not a problem at all, it's preferred this way.

C) Server resources/room (Bunk space, roles during event, extra resources going to their special role).

D) Immersion - Commando to trooper ratio (i.e. GAR had 1 commando for every 100,000). Not as lore friendly but then again, video games are meant to be fun.

E) More mean RC REEEEE ; P

There's probably more pros/cons stated here, but those were some of the ones that came to mind. So far it has my +1 and worth a try.

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

12 minutes ago, Jagger said:

I like this because it:

A) Prepares the players in the RC environment to be more prepared when taking a lore RC.

B) You get to learn and know about the RC going into the lore character so we're not always guessing "Wait who the hell got Sev"

C) Following the last point, it really feels like the best of the best. There's a much more refined transition and build up to it. It also makes sure that people who do get a lore name are well behaved and know what they are doing.

D) If this happens with the Special Operations Brigade that Duck suggested, it would be more accurate and be cool af. 

A) Keeping track of more RCs. (Behavior, documentation, management, roleplay, etc.)

B) For the players, it means its more difficult to get into Delta/Omega. But that's not a problem at all, it's preferred this way.

C) Server resources/room (Bunk space, roles during event, extra resources going to their special role).

D) Immersion - Commando to trooper ratio (i.e. GAR had 1 commando for every 100,000). Not as lore friendly but then again, video games are meant to be fun.

E) More mean RC REEEEE ; P

There's probably more pros/cons stated here, but those were some of the ones that came to mind. So far it has my +1 and worth a try.

im just gonna go over your cons than your pro's

A) Its not hard if anything we would be more strict with the Gray RC than we are if they want those positions they better act like they want it and the higher ups in RC would be more respected because there will be a ranking system in which you will HAVE to earn your rank and your colors

B) Well yes it might be harder it will mean that those people had truly earned their position in RC and that they had gone through many rigorous trainings to get that spot... i know fro sure if this does get added my tryouts for certain spots will take days to do the tryouts... should actually be a difficult tryout to pass than our semi-difficult one we have

C) not really a problem we can just combine Omega and Delta and give Grey RC Omega's Bunks and their roles will be similair of the current RC but will have their only role they can train in

D) immersion immersion we would never have 6 null on 1 ship with all of Omega and Delta with them same with Kal

E) Like i had said above we will be much more strict upon the Shiny's and they will have to earn their color's for their respect :^)  

• Agree 1
23 minutes ago, Jagger said:

Responding to these real quick

A: I am sure Boss and Niner will get together, find out who's going to be Gregor, and get Gregor on this topic ASAP. I am sure RC will be much more serious, I am sure their will be a doc of all RC, what they do, etc etc. Roleplay wise, I was personally thinking of making it where the Grey RC can choose 1 of the specialized fields, (Sniper, Medic, TECH, EOD, etc), as well as choosing a battalion that they can join, because battalions had RC attached to them. But this will be up to the Gregor and Boss and Niner. I am trying to get RC to be more serious instead of sometimes doing retarded shit during event, but in the end we are humans, and we sometimes crack a joke every now and then. That's just who we are as a person, I could not stand to be stone cold steve Austin mr clone that's serious 24/7, id off myself, I love to fuck around and have fun, that's just who I am as a person.

C: Bunk space, personally I think the companies within battalions shouldn't get another bunk. For example Kellers Unit and Galactic Marines, just make it 1 damn bunk. I don't know why it was 2 bunks in the first place. Roles during event, if what duck suggested about SOBDE, whoever the REGCMD is could assign RC to help in certain areas, this is would be awesome in my opinion. Because currently there is 8 total RC, and about 3-5 that is always on. That is not enough to go from 3rd floor, to ER, to MHB, back to 3rd floor, just to chase some deathwatch or whatever.

D: This is true, but I HIGHLY doubt every single RC will be on at the same exact time, the chances of this happening are very small.

Edited by Punda
  • Agree 1
11 minutes ago, Punda said:

Responding to these real quick

A: I am sure Boss and Niner will get together, find out who's going to be Gregor, and get Gregor on this topic ASAP. I am sure RC will be much more serious, I am sure their will be a doc of all RC, what they do, etc etc. Roleplay wise, I was personally thinking of making it where the Grey RC can choose 1 of the specialized fields, (Sniper, Medic, TECH, EOD, etc), as well as choosing a battalion that they can join, because battalions had RC attached to them. But this will be up to the Gregor and Boss and Niner. I am trying to get RC to be more serious instead of sometimes doing retarded shit during event, but in the end we are humans, and we sometimes crack a joke every now and then. That's just who we are as a person, I could not stand to be stone cold steve Austin mr clone that's serious 24/7, id off myself, I love to fuck around and have fun, that's just who I am as a person.

C: Bunk space, personally I think the companies within battalions shouldn't get another bunk. For example Kellers Unit and Galactic Marines, just make it 1 damn bunk. I don't know why it was 2 bunks in the first place. Roles during event, if what duck suggested about SOBDE, whoever the REGCMD is could assign RC to help in certain areas, this is would be awesome in my opinion. Because currently there is 8 total RC, and about 3-5 that is always on. That is not enough to go from 3rd floor, to ER, to MHB, back to 3rd floor, just to chase some deathwatch or whatever.

D: This is true, but I HIGHLY doubt every single RC will be on at the same exact time, the chances of this happening are very small.

You had me at specialized gray RC. Some are EOD, some are snipers, some are slicers... you pick the best out of those fields for their respected lore characters (best of slicers/tech would go to fixer i.e.). I agree with you said here along with Fido. A much more serious and organized RC (with some jokes of course) that are specialized and battalionized... this sounds cool. You have my full +1 and support for anything you need.

• Agree 1

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

22 hours ago, Jagger said:

You had me at specialized gray RC. Some are EOD, some are snipers, some are slicers... you pick the best out of those fields for their respected lore characters (best of slicers/tech would go to fixer i.e.).

Yea that's what I am hoping the Gregor will make Grey RC do if this does get accepted

Just now, Billiam Clinton said:

I don't know his personal reason. I know that he was not thrilled with how Grey Jedi went on Icefuse, so probably something similar.

I can fully understand Grey Jedi, that shit was retarded, but Grey RC is basically just 101st but as RC, I see no harm in adding them. I say we do what we did with 38th, put them in as a test trial. If they do keep, we keep them, if not, chopping block they go.

Just now, Punda said:

I can fully understand Grey Jedi, that shit was retarded, but Grey RC is basically just 101st but as RC, I see no harm in adding them. I say we do what we did with 38th, put them in as a test trial. If they do keep, we keep them, if not, chopping block they go.

Like I said, Joah is the one against this completely. You'd have to convince him.

Before this happens. We really need to fix up the battalions that need help. The founders want to remove battalions currently. Not add more. That being said if we have everything in order and all battalions are active then I would be down for it. I have been in and out of RC for 9 months and I honestly like this idea. I joined the server when Grey RC was around with Old Man Logan I believe. It worked out very well and I personally like this idea under one condition... It HAS to be done RIGHT. Otherwise no. It's going to be hard to get this added. It can be done so wrong but also so right. If it ends up going bad then I am fine with removing it then. I personally think adding 2 more squads is a better idea.

15 minutes ago, Rush Cat said:

Before this happens. We really need to fix up the battalions that need help. The founders want to remove battalions currently. Not add more. That being said if we have everything in order and all battalions are active then I would be down for it. I have been in and out of RC for 9 months and I honestly like this idea. I joined the server when Grey RC was around with Old Man Logan I believe. It worked out very well and I personally like this idea under one condition... It HAS to be done RIGHT. Otherwise no. It's going to be hard to get this added. It can be done so wrong but also so right. If it ends up going bad then I am fine with removing it then. I personally think adding 2 more squads is a better idea.

I agree with the 2 more squads being better.

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

tl;dr make Grey RC a thing and adjust the fucking squads so y'all are on at the same time

would work just fine  and it'd actually be good shit; you don't want to give named positions to people who are inactive as fuck and Grey RC allows them to prove themselves early o n

worst case scenario u change everything and add Foxtrot and make them your training RC or some gay shit lmao

Also on another note, you have to be VERY careful about adding too many elite units like the RC or NULL for another example. Null works because there can only ever be Six of them at any given time. This keeps demand high and gives hopeful troopers something to play towards and try to get. What might end up happening with this whole RC business, and what I think happened on Icefuse involving RC, is that there were just TOO FUCKING MANY. I mean after the U P D A T E T O E N D A L L U P D A T E S, there were like four or five squads if I remember correctly, which led to it becoming a whole lot less special than it once was. I mean it felt like that shit was getting purged every other week for some reason or other. Keeping the numbers low will increase the demand for it, and give the RC that special snowflake feeling that they love so much (Issa joke calm your tits). On top of all that, it's just kinda unnecessary IMO. Adding more steps to a system that ain't broke can break it real quick. Increasing quantity decreases quality and all that jazz. That's the way I look at it anyways. I was never in RC, but I have respect for them, and don't want them to go the way of Icefuse (see: directly into shitter). 

9 minutes ago, Shovel said:

Also on another note, you have to be VERY careful about adding too many elite units like the RC or NULL for another example. Null works because there can only ever be Six of them at any given time. This keeps demand high and gives hopeful troopers something to play towards and try to get. What might end up happening with this whole RC business, and what I think happened on Icefuse involving RC, is that there were just TOO FUCKING MANY. I mean after the U P D A T E T O E N D A L L U P D A T E S, there were like four or five squads if I remember correctly, which led to it becoming a whole lot less special than it once was. I mean it felt like that shit was getting purged every other week for some reason or other. Keeping the numbers low will increase the demand for it, and give the RC that special snowflake feeling that they love so much (Issa joke calm your tits). On top of all that, it's just kinda unnecessary IMO. Adding more steps to a system that ain't broke can break it real quick. Increasing quantity decreases quality and all that jazz. That's the way I look at it anyways. I was never in RC, but I have respect for them, and don't want them to go the way of Icefuse (see: directly into shitter). 

Well, the numbers that show up are pretty low since there really isn't anything special about RC anymore. Why leave the friends in your battalion when stat and kit wise, you can be on a level playing field.

• Agree 1
On 9/15/2017 at 11:03 PM, Shovel said:

Noone is elite when everyone has the same weapons and skills. A 101st can do as much damage as an RC with enough money.

• Agree 2

First and Last Jaing Skirata