Thrusters and Haverball tool options

Name: Black/Colt

RP Rank:Commander

Suggestion: ALLOW Admins+ to spawn HaverBalls and Thrusters - The reason i want this is not to mess around and create a machine to kill people in spawn 24/7 but instead to be used in the Game master program as a way to create ships and vechles that can float and fly. This can be achieved by being able to spawn those two options in the tool gun but theres a 0 limit on it preventing us to spawn it.. I do not know if it crashes the server but I assume it wont since we have majority of the tools on the toolgun we are allowed to use. This will allow us to create CIS Ships or other types of ships with just welding and adding thrusters and hoverballs and make them fly without the emersion being broken by us using our phis guns.

Implementation: Increase the limit to like 50

Lore: no lore

Workshop content if applicable:no lore
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

The thing with that is that if props are not frozen  they still have collision issues so imagaine a mass of props that can collide with things and kind of rubberband and shit it just ain't good for performance, thruster are the same with emitters with performance issues I belive.

Just now, Carter said:

The thing with that is that if props are not frozen  they still have collision issues so imagaine a mass of props that can collide with things and kind of rubberband and shit it just ain't good for performance, thruster are the same with emitters with performance issues I belive.

using the weld tool never experience any problems with it. thats why you weld it in certain positions

Neutral 

It would be cool, but it may cause lag issues and could be used to make *cough* super extra amazing death machines. Because I can definitely see myself abusing it xD (rocket bantha). But you still can make hovering things, it just takes more ingenuity with the props and vehicles. More or less finding the sweet weld and no collide zone in which it works.

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

On 5/20/2019 at 4:31 PM, BlackiSblack said:

using the weld tool never experience any problems with it. thats why you weld it in certain positions

Welding wont help. The source engine wasn't designed for massive, complex contraptions, and weld attachments aren't actually solid. Any larger number of props or heavy props would be difficult to manage, especially with the amount of players the server can hold. The only way to make a truly solid connection between props is called "parenting" although that has it's own extremely heavy side-effects, including being able to crash a server instantly if used incorrectly, and some entities cannot be parented as it's prevented by the engine (chairs for example).

6 hours ago, OneNiner6719 said:

Welding wont help. The source engine wasn't designed for massive, complex contraptions, and weld attachments aren't actually solid. Any larger number of props or heavy props would be difficult to manage, especially with the amount of players the server can hold. The only way to make a truly solid connection between props is called "parenting" although that has it's own extremely heavy side-effects, including being able to crash a server instantly if used incorrectly, and some entities cannot be parented as it's prevented by the engine (chairs for example).

Im saying medium to small size ships don't build a death star out of props plus I have done this many times on the event server without any issues.. maybe we should limit it to that 

On 5/20/2019 at 2:30 PM, Carter said:

This. Im sorry, it just doesn't seem worth it.

DENIED

//Locked

//Moved to Server Suggestions - Denied