Any new mic ideas

7 hours ago, Billiam Clinton said:

You could check out the ASTRO A40. I can't remember if it's below $150, but they're pretty nice.

Correction, the headphones are nice. The mic sounds like Satan burning mice in hell. Also they are 249.99

I would not spend that much money on a headset. Get yourself some headphones and a standalone microphone. For 150 you're better off this way.

My current headphones of choice are Audio Technica ATH-M40X'S, however anything from the following brands are a good product, Sennheiser, AKG, Audio Technica, and if you find some cheap enough, Bose.

As for microphones, you could just buy yourself a Blue Snowball, depending on the model, they go from 50 to 70 dollars.

If you're insistent on having a "headset" at least get the Antlion ModMic and attach it to a decent pair of headphones. 

• Agree 2

Hudson, The Helmetless. Formerly Of:
41st Elite Corps & Green Company, Coruscant Guard, 327th Star Corps, Galactic Marines, Special Operations, 187th Legion, Defense and Recon Regimental Commander, 212th Attack Battalion, RANCOR, and for Jedi General Quinlan Vos and Jedi Advisor Shaak Ti.

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

Correction, the headphones are nice. The mic sounds like Satan burning mice in hell. Also they are 249.99

I would not spend that much money on a headset. Get yourself some headphones and a standalone microphone. For 150 you're better off this way.

My current headphones of choice are Audio Technica ATH-M40X'S, however anything from the following brands are a good product, Sennheiser, AKG, Audio Technica, and if you find some cheap enough, Bose.

As for microphones, you could just buy yourself a Blue Snowball, depending on the model, they go from 50 to 70 dollars.

If you're insistent on having a "headset" at least get the Antlion ModMic and attach it to a decent pair of headphones. 

this 100%

There's a headset out there called the Etekcity Scroll H7PX+. It's a very underrated, very cheap headset that was extremely durable (Lasted for 2 1/2 years), has amazing audio and bass quality (It also comes with droves to edit a lot of the settings in the audio and microphone.). The microphone had the same quality that was near my blue snowball. The band was very comfortable, it fit right over my ears and the design on the headset looks fucking amazing. Best of all, only about $40 USD. That's cheaper than my current Logitech G430 that I personally would say the H7PX+ was far superior. 

https://www.etekcity.com/product/100194

There is no other bang for your buck quite like the H7PX+. They are the quintessential saying of it.

Edited by Kain
On 8/24/2017 at 1:53 PM, Baxter said:

@Max

Headsets (usually) have to compromise in an area when they are made, because they have to combine two products into one, for relatively the same price. This video might be a little old but it's still relative.

Still relevant as ever. TekSyndicate, Linus and other gear channels were my shit and still are sometimes.

• Agree 1

Hudson, The Helmetless. Formerly Of:
41st Elite Corps & Green Company, Coruscant Guard, 327th Star Corps, Galactic Marines, Special Operations, 187th Legion, Defense and Recon Regimental Commander, 212th Attack Battalion, RANCOR, and for Jedi General Quinlan Vos and Jedi Advisor Shaak Ti.