The Elevator Tool

silvers

Name: Silvers

Suggestion: Add the Elevator tool to the toolgun

Implementation: In my opinion, this will be very helpful to the game masters because of the amount of things you can do with it. Also it is very convenient, it’s literally as easy to set up as a fading door. I have had little to no problems with using this tool whenever I played sandbox.

Lore: they had fucking elevators in Star Wars 

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=733454527

i think testing needs to be made but  +1 this could be quite cool for example a squad going up an elevator shooting at droids on the way up, thats just a basic idea and im sure people can come up with better

Autism made me do it.

+1

This would be great for Event Server events where dupes are created, gives the GM more control over the path of the event (without it being too forced) and can not only create new ways of getting around a map but also utlize it for the event (say the elevator is supposed to get stuck and the troopers have to be rescued or find a way out)

On another note, I previously suggested another form of travel but was denied; Teleporting. While the similarity is slim, you'd be able to take the teleporter just the same way as the Elevator although it wouldn't be as immersive - on another hand the Elevator can only go up or down, typically, while the Teleporter can take you from any point in the map to any other point wherever the GM sees fit.

1 minute ago, Zyner said:

+1

This would be great for Event Server events where dupes are created, gives the GM more control over the path of the event (without it being too forced) and can not only create new ways of getting around a map but also utlize it for the event (say the elevator is supposed to get stuck and the troopers have to be rescued or find a way out)

On another note, I previously suggested another form of travel but was denied; Teleporting. While the similarity is slim, you'd be able to take the teleporter just the same way as the Elevator although it wouldn't be as immersive - on another hand the Elevator can only go up or down, typically, while the Teleporter can take you from any point in the map to any other point wherever the GM sees fit.

I’ve seen the elevator tool used for other things such as a moving platform as well, it may be limited to some stuff but if you’re creative enough, you can do a lot of things with it

• 2 weeks later...