Some Honesty

Howdy, it's Bbstine.

This post will be weirdly structured to be honest and blunt here at the beginning, but this means a lot to me.

I've been here for a while, since the start of the server. I've seen people come and go and I've seen massive changes to the server that people may not have agreed with when it came out.

Here are a few major things that Synergy has gone through

1 - Changed the server to Serious Roleplay when it was previously Semi-Serious

2 - Removed the 187th and 38th Battalion. (Contemplated on removing the Shadow Company but Max helped get it back running again as Chancellor)

3 - Changed maps consistently

4 - Changed Server Boxes

5 - New Models

6 - New Rules

7 - New Jobs

8 - New Lightsaber System (Rhino to King David)

A reason I'm speaking about these things is so I can take the people who weren't here in the beginning back to see what we early birds were dealt. And this is to more or less try and prove a point that sometimes change happens and it is fine, just stick with it and you'll see that in the end of the day what is decided for the server will more or less help it in the end.

1 . Imagine, you're running around reeee'ing in the hallways leading to the ATC on the original map, no flamethrowers going off, just Grievous screeching "KENOBIIII" that was us in September, it was fun; except for the debrief that was called after a DB shooting by Joah.

"The Server will be going through a serious change today, we will be moving from Semi-Serious Roleplay to Serious Roleplay" >Chat Spams "THIS IS BULLSHIT" "WHY? WE ARE HAVING FUN."

Look at where we are today, people come onto the server to enjoy serious roleplay, a life away from life, it boosted our player count way the fuck up and has kept our server alive.

2. Removing battalions and readding battalions has been an up and down course throughout Synergy history, but let us remember some battalions that were removed and never re-added. Goodnight 187th, 38th, Republic Medics. (Pretty sure there was one more but shit I forgot.)

People were fucking running around like it was the apocalypse when the battalions were removed, it was almost like your favorite console was taken away from you and you screeched as loud as possible, surviving debriefs was the next hardest thing. But at the end, removing these battalions that people loved ended up saving other battalions. Specifically battalions that held real lore like the 212th and 501st, our two main battalions on Clone Wars. Removing them saved our main battalions and showed for very special events like *Cough* Order 66 *Cough* Truly remarkable events when those battalions were tripled the size they are now.

At the end of the day, we remove battalions to give others a chance, that is why we don't add in too many battalions anymore, we've seen what happens and we don't want to do it again.

3. If you've been here since Day 1, you've seen about 6 maps total Synergy has been apart of, imagine what that does to Trainers and their training room. Changing the map brings refreshment to the Synergy Community, a new thing to learn and new ideas to unleash. Could you imagine staying on the first Venator map and still seeing the old events? They were fun, but they were becoming stale. Which is why on this new map you don't have to host events, you've now got encounters with strict large scale events.

Refreshment on the server is something Synergy needs to stay alive, which is why we stress changing maps and don't just immediately switch back to old maps because the community doesn't like it. Give stuff time, it's fundamental to the success of your hobby.

4. Heh, imagine what type of lag we have now but on an un-optimized map and 3x worse, that was Rishi Moon Day 1. Changing boxes has been a rough fucking road on everybody's part, specifically the Founders seeing as they are the ones who have to confront the community about another box and how it "will fix lag."

There will always be a bad part of our server box, everyone apologizes for the lag, we really do; sometimes it really do just be like that and that sometimes a solution takes a while to find so we just use simple temp-fixes.

5. Like 3, refreshment on new models is always good, keeps everyone happy.

6. New Rules, this one really just pisses everyone off. We came to Synergy with a basic set of rules, so simple that we made a rule just explicitly saying "don't loophole our basic rules." New Rules just means that High Staff is going back in-time and finding stuff we should've had apart of our rules and adding them there, this isn't the constitution of the United States, this is a GMOD roleplay server where sometimes we find stuff that shouldn't be allowed and get rid of it. 

Get off asses about rules, they are for the betterment of the server and for new/old players.

7. Like 3 and 5, refreshment.

8. Fucking Lightsabers, listen I'm going to be brutally honest here, I hate King David's system, it's too complicated for me and for people who just loved Rhino's simplicity. But people didn't like someone just running into battle with their heads down, it was boring and no one wanted to see that. In order to keep our server to its level of uniqueness, we have to sacrifice things we like, and unfortunately I understand why we took out such a system that was easy to learn and give us something with cool animations and a new fighting style with more customization to lightsabers. 

At the end of the day, we must give up stuff to keep our server to its peek performance and uniqueness.

Throughout a year and a half, I've seen ups and downs of the server. As have other people, sometimes it takes a certain click in your brain to understand what has to be done for the server. Riding the asses of people to get shit fixed isn't what Synergy should be. We're a family, and sure every family has their fights, at the end of the day we're all looking for a sort of success story, and Synergy is still working on theirs.

And with that, I leave you all with this little bit of information that should be self-explanatory at this point. Just make sure to thank the people who were here before you on the structure that we built, quit destroying it.

Love you all, this is something I've had written up for quite a while but I never put it out. I may yell at you sometimes, but it is for something that I truly care about, I love Synergy which is why I can't leave it. The players is what keeps me going, you all bring a bit of uniqueness to you and to the server. Have a good one players.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bbstine said:

yo the message here aint being old members are cool

it's that y'all are whiney bitches about updates

The Update was a fun addition, at least of me. I don't have to plague myself under Jedi or Clone anymore :) Torture and Interogation is fun.

Edit: Sith has given me more rp and a better rp experience I've had for a long time.

Edited by traditional
  • Funny 1

52946061-6923-4AFC-AEBA-9E28ED2BA75D-5.g

I’m surprised you didn’t say anything about the lack of GOOD Quality events nowadays.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

4 hours ago, Bbstine said:

1 - Changed the server to Serious Roleplay when it was previously Semi-Serious

If I remember back then, the server was supposed to be "Serious" Roleplay server from day one.

I think lots of people were super confused back then. But honestly, I think what happened was that the community was struggling to define "Serious" Roleplay. Because, you know, Serious Roleplay:

• Funny 1
Just now, Bbstine said:

I did, founders gave y'all the means to entertain yourselves yet you're all bored.

We bored cause most of us been playing for a couple of years and only play for the people. You can't say were bored when you get fairly bored of servers and Commander Positions Chiefton ❤️

• Agree 1
4 minutes ago, Jorrdan said:

We bored cause most of us been playing for a couple of years and only play for the people. You can't say were bored when you get fairly bored of servers and Commander Positions Chiefton ❤️

This is where we talk about new players flakking founders and high staff jorddan.