Naval/Acclamator

Sparklez

Name: Tessa

Suggestion: Naval/Acclamator

Implementation: Make another layer for the map so that when you go up through the sky, you teleport to like, an upper atmosphere kinda level which is not rendered until you are ACTUALLY there for optimisation reasons. In this upper atmosphere, there are a few things that could be done. My MAIN idea however, is an acclamator such as the one from Pommes' Kamino map. Ik Pommes is pretty... Strict when it comes to usage of his assets though so it might have to be done from scratch. However, comma, it does ALSO occur to me that the map has probably nearly maxed out it's brush limit. So in which case, get a prop made for an acclamator with an interior that Naval can staff. If we HAD a prop for this, event server events would be SO much cooler. Just imagine having the main forces on the ground while Naval are up in an acclamator overlooking things. Imagine the concept of frigate battles DURING events where there are like, ground battles happening at the same time. This would open up to so many new possibilities. I know this would be reasonably hard to do, but it's doable, and that's what matters! This would FINALLY bring back Naval's role AND improve them!

Lore: Naval belong on ships, duh.

Workshop content if applicable: Require Development

5 minutes ago, Taur said:

Uhm thats going to be a lot of work and I really don't see how more work would improve naval/baseops. because if naval is up there who is at the gates?

She means more event side.

But, Massive +1. I think it will be a lot of work but it would be amazing to use Turbolazers again. 

5 hours ago, Stern said:

She means more event side.

But, Massive +1. I think it will be a lot of work but it would be amazing to use Turbolazers again. 

Yes, but there are a lot of times where there isnt even enough naval to open the gates, I feel like this would make that problem even bigger

I think to add this would be relatively interesting.  However should this be under Map suggestions instead? 

Regardless, I believe that this suggestion would be relatively challenging to proceed with doing.  Not only would it be a stress on the server but a stress on everyone's FPS I'm sure.  I get a smooth 120 FPS when nothing is going on and 70 or so during events.  I can only assume that some other people may not have the ability to handle it if the FPS is to drop further than what some people already get.  I'm just looking out for those who do not have the best ability to run larger parts and such.  For that I will leave this with a -1.

Sorry I do think it would be a cool addition though.

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

4 hours ago, Stockings said:

I think to add this would be relatively interesting.  However should this be under Map suggestions instead? 

Regardless, I believe that this suggestion would be relatively challenging to proceed with doing.  Not only would it be a stress on the server but a stress on everyone's FPS I'm sure.  I get a smooth 120 FPS when nothing is going on and 70 or so during events.  I can only assume that some other people may not have the ability to handle it if the FPS is to drop further than what some people already get.  I'm just looking out for those who do not have the best ability to run larger parts and such.  For that I will leave this with a -1.

Sorry I do think it would be a cool addition though.

Well like I said. It'd be a prop rather than part of  the map.

6 hours ago, Bbstine said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm sorry, but this is too expensive 

I love this idea, but it is asking for too much. It can add to RP and be useful for events and such, but it will take soooo much work. Plus, the Naval will still get bored because there isn't as much to do for them during the event. I mean, imagine not being able to see what the troops are doing and trying to give orders to ground forces who don't follow protocol anyway. Then, to add onto that, trying to enhance the RP for Naval as well to actually convince them to not be on their clone/Jedi during events would add even more responsibilities and a whole "separate" scenario to try to manage as a GM.