adding a building ability

Ragen

Name:Ragen

Suggestion:adding the Alydus's Fortification Builder Tablet

Implementation: it would add a reason to be an engineer as say for the 501st there battle station would be MHB they dont have much cover so an engineer would be able to place a object down as cover and a game master could hand them out to engineer or tec trained personnel that go to armory and grab it or it could be a AENG specialty 

Lore:parts of the ship would have random stuff placed down (MHB) so if an area was attacked the troopers would have access to move the objects to a area to add cover

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1461735659
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change:add

Job:all enginers

Model: battalion enginers

Weapons: whatever weapons they had just adding this to their load out

Other: i will be testing this out and if it is cliche then i will void this 

Edited by Ragen
Add more details plead if you -1 or are neutral re read and give me your feed back
  • Agree 1

Neutral, make this only available for use on the event server, Lmao.
There's more than enough placed to jump onto/take cover at around on the ship, only place i could see this useful is MHB. Nowhere else as we have quite a bit of props. 

Edited by Scribbles
On 8/5/2018 at 2:22 AM, OneNiner6719 said:

+1, but only as something to be given out by gamemasters, or something. Have to put some responsibility and accountability into it.

I'm in the same Boat.
+1 EVENT SERVER/Game Master Give Out.

Is it laggy?

The tablet is designed to be the most convenient for multiplayer, because of this, the hologram/preview of the fortification you are about to build is visible to all players near you. This can cause minor server lag, but this will, like many things, become exponentially larger when multiple people are building fortifications. Simply restrict the number of people allowed to build fortifications, or create a fortification delay or maximum limit via utilising the restriction in the section below.

The fortification models are automatically cached on the client and server, so there shouldn't be any lag spikes when switching between fortifications via your tablet.

So, it most likely will be required to be handed out by the Gamemaster as they will have to take this into account for events due to the minor lag it adds. The more people are around the person making the cover the more lag it will create as the ghosted preview is visible to anyone around that person.

The cool part is that we can make our on fortifications by just swapping the model in the code, such as if we find walls or barricades that are in the style of Star Wars we can use those instead of sandbags and etc.

I'd say +1 based on what the extent of the lag is. And of course event server only.

• Agree 2
  • Retired Founder
On 8/7/2018 at 9:29 AM, AlextheConqustidor said:

Massive -1, could create serious lag

Neutral, Looks pretty cool and could increase battalion engineers. The con is it can easily be used for spamming and other types of minging. 

I have had this on my server on the past, this causes crazy lag and would probably crash half our users PCs. 

As much as it's cool, I would rather give sheilds or something.

Denied.

• Agree 1