Bring back event server asap

Glory22

Should it be brought back now?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Name: Keegan

RP Rank: Vice Chairman Mas Amedda

Suggestion: Bring back event server for S.A. to do events on whenever they want

Implementation: Allow it to be actually used for deployments for specific battalions and regiments so we aren't forced to do whole server deployments all the time. Battalion of the month already gets access to it, so this could certainly be done.

Lore: Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker | Wookieepedia | Fandom

Other: This is 100% needed. A whole server deployment at such high player counts is unplayable and leaves a poor taste in everyone's mouth. This would enable more freedom for gamemasters, not cause them to get dejected when their event runs like ass at 100 players, and would ensure the server is all happy and not getting pissed off at each other. We were told we would get it back if player count improved, and it has to the point where we have 100 people on for these deployments, so it honestly should be brought back ASAP.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 3

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

+1 - Honestly, I was very depressed when it went away during my Marshal Term. I had such big plans and being a Gamemaster again, I still have ambitions to run a campaign for the server. But I know many Gamemasters who cannot/will not be able to run their events when it is 100 people and compete against the lag, and inability to personalize events for battalions/groups. 

• Agree 1

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Hey! We actually already outlined our plan for bringing back the event server, and are going to stick towards that plan. Please refer to the notes w/ the last community meeting, and meetings before that.

• Dumb 1
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

To be clear, I understand main server events are lagging, and I doubt we're going to have to deal with it much longer.

• Dumb 1