The Aurek debacle.

Name: BigZach 

Who helped (If applicable): Ryujii | Pronto

Link to Event/Encounter Document (optional): N/A

Description of event/encounter (required if no document provided): 
A bounty hunter clan took it upon themself to take over the Aurek outpost. As a GM I noticed this could be a great oppurtinity to stir up some play driven RP/Engagement. I sent in a peaceful force of 2 men and a Loader to ask them to leave nicely on event jobs, These hostile bounty hunters took the event job Commodore hostage and the players dealt with the situation from there, while I tried to modorate the situation as best as I could from a GM perspective. Please bear in mind this was a player driven event, I done nothing really to restrict any Replublic or BH actions as to let passive and not so passive RP play out, for some it may have seemed stressful but I hope you were engaged and intrested in the situation I partially set up to unfold.

Did any Bounty Hunters Participate: Yes.

KrMCdFv.png

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

2/10 Only people that enjoyed it was the Bounty Hunters. It was extended way too long it should've ended after the Naval was safe and no longer a hostage but it was dragged on way to long. Also heard complaints from at least someone in each battalion. Overall had major complaints and was dragged out way too long.

• Informative 1
  • Dumb 1

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

2/10

While player-driven events can be very fun, it might only be 'fun' to one party. That being said, the event was dragged like a corpse across a desert. The original event started with a commodore negotiating, 21st infiltrating and killing most, commodore escaping. Then Mack gets captured, ok. We play around a little with lasers and planes, sure. A full RTB is called then we mount a cavalry with some vehicles and a LAAT... then we sit in those vehicles for about 40 minutes watching a spectacle of a debacle happen with admins fighting each other over who did what. After that, whole debacle, everyone sitting in the vehicles just wanted it to end.. and it did, after 40 minutes, or something like that.

• Informative 1
1 minute ago, Clutch said:

2/10 Only people that enjoyed it was the Bounty Hunters. It was extended way too long it should've ended after the Naval was safe and no longer a hostage but it was dragged on way to long. Also heard complaints from at least someone in each battalion. Overall had major complaints and was dragged out way too long.

From my grasp of the situation the BH players still had a hold over Aurek and reoccpupying Aurek was an objective. I was unsure how you guys handled trying to take back Aurek, however I have been informed that lack of action came from orders of the GAR side. To me it would have been fully justifiable to raid Aurek, once the the main hostage, the non-clone commodore was free, but I didn't want to tell Naval to take specific action, however it may have been better to take that decision in my own hands the next time I do a player driven event on both hostile and friendly sides. I didn't want to hand hold either side during this semi-experimental event but it seems I may have to next time so sides can push each other narritively. I'm sorry you, and potentially many others didn't have a fun experience during this event, and I will make sure to consider and adapt to potentially having to push others to react the next time I do an event in this style. I greatly appreciate the feedback. :) 

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

8/10

The fact is simple, this was executed pretty roughly. With so many admins involved on both sides, I think the big take away is that it should have been discussed ahead of time with the BH so they could let the story play out to your vision. 

You attempted a very good idea, which had A LOT of potential. It was the first time I seen something like this in Synergy.  Despite the negative feedback and the sheer amount of complaining, I hope you dont let it discourage you from trying again. I firmly believe the next one you do in this style will be truly one of the best events the server has seen in quite some time.

• Friendly 1

There is No Hive Mind in SOBDE