RIP Chester Bennington

Okay, so not everyone is a fan of Linkin Park. But I was a big fan when I was younger. I still listen to their stuff from time to time.

But there is one thing I've learned from becoming a musician myself. Whether you like the music the person is making or not, there is likely a group of people out there who do. And the loss of a musician is a great loss indeed. Especially from mental illness.

Chester Bennington was the lead singer and songwriter for Linkin Park. He died today, July 20th 2017 after he hanged himself. He was 41 years old.

Musicians mourn the loss of other musicians, because in truth we are like one big dysfunctional family. We hate each other, we love each other. But at the end of the day we all are each other.

Massive respect for his accomplishments in life and my condolences go out to his family. He will be missed.

• Agree 1

Hudson, The Helmetless. Formerly Of:
41st Elite Corps & Green Company, Coruscant Guard, 327th Star Corps, Galactic Marines, Special Operations, 187th Legion, Defense and Recon Regimental Commander, 212th Attack Battalion, RANCOR, and for Jedi General Quinlan Vos and Jedi Advisor Shaak Ti.

I just learned about this a few hours ago. I was shocked. I didn't expect it but I was shaken on what to me was a childhood hero with an amazing talent turned into a man with many problems and faults leading to end his own life. To this day I strongly resonate with the negative feelings he sings about in his songs. As someone who has attempted suicide before, his songs helped me because in a way, when I felt down, they said to me "It's ok, because we go through it too. We are here together." All I have is thanks for Chester because he (as cliche as this sounds) had saved my life with his music. That's how moving it was. Hell, you know you did something right when the internet makes millions of memes about your songs...

I don't have much else to say. I've been trying to distract myself from his death because of how sad I feel from it, but it doesn't look like I'm going to escape it tonight. As a tribute, I'll wallow in my negative feelings tonight listening to some of my favorite songs from linkin park. The best farewell I can do for Chester. 

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

37 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Okay, so not everyone is a fan of Linkin Park. But I was a big fan when I was younger. I still listen to their stuff from time to time.

But there is one thing I've learned from becoming a musician myself. Whether you like the music the person is making or not, there is likely a group of people out there who do. And the loss of a musician is a great loss indeed. Especially from mental illness.

Chester Bennington was the lead singer and songwriter for Linkin Park. He died today, July 20th 2017 after he hanged himself. He was 41 years old.

Musicians mourn the loss of other musicians, because in truth we are like one big dysfunctional family. We hate each other, we love each other. But at the end of the day we all are each other.

Massive respect for his accomplishments in life and my condolences go out to his family. He will be missed.

Say, what was your favorite song by the band? Or at least a few favorites? For me it would be Numb, in the end, lost in the echo, breaking the habit, castle of glass, and burn it down. 

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

45 minutes ago, Jagger said:

Say, what was your favorite song by the band? Or at least a few favorites? For me it would be Numb, in the end, lost in the echo, breaking the habit, castle of glass, and burn it down. 

Faint, Somewhere I Belong, or What I've Done.

Hudson, The Helmetless. Formerly Of:
41st Elite Corps & Green Company, Coruscant Guard, 327th Star Corps, Galactic Marines, Special Operations, 187th Legion, Defense and Recon Regimental Commander, 212th Attack Battalion, RANCOR, and for Jedi General Quinlan Vos and Jedi Advisor Shaak Ti.

30 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Faint, Somewhere I Belong, or What I've Done.

Somewhere i belong and what I've done, love those ones. I also really liked New Divide, leave out the rest, from the inside, and Shadow of the day.