[CLOSED] Commander Report (wasn't gonna do it but I just got pushed over the edge)

Your Name: 101st TR3 Fours/sɹnoℲ

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:153319566

Commander's Name: 212th Commander Cody/Blackmamba

Commander's Steam ID (OPTIONAL IF UNABLE TO FIND): STEAM_0:1:59319890

Battalion: 212th

Why should this Commander be demoted?: 

Okay. Here's where it gets interesting. First you are all gonna ask yourselves why you should listen to a TR3, let alone not even in 212th; and quite the minge at that (sorry Tomas, I'll stop). Well, as many of you may know I was the former 2ndAC Commander Barlex. I'm not here to talk about the numbers of the battalion although they have been jumpy over the past two weeks. This will include some of the more detailed reasons why I believe the job as BCMD has not been carried out correctly. I will have to break this up into a series of topics that I'll go into below.

1: Activity/Inactivity

Although you've seen a screenshot of mamba's "activity" with there being over 170 hours in two weeks; how much of that is actual activity? I've spoken to numerous enlisted, NCOs and even officers of the 212th. Many of whom said just about the same thing, that mamba isn't very active with his battalion. As the leader of the whole battalion you'd assume he'd spend most of his time actually with the 212th talking and entertaining and keeping morals in the battalion alive. Lot's of them told me he is either in a different ts channel talking to some other people or afk in the 212th's secondary channel. Also that in-game he is mostly afk and not doing anything with them. https://gyazo.com/9191183cf06ba9ac3586fe5ddbbf5fd4 And in game he tends to not be very interactive with the 212th;  https://gyazo.com/ab6cc52522e88b9ac6bad770161bc3d1,  https://gyazo.com/ab447a7504298c3aa01b139d595aa953 and https://gyazo.com/7f3156c4e226931f702d2873b7951463 were all taken about 30-60 minutes apart from each other.

2: Personal Uselessness 

Now, not saying that I never done my job or duties as the role of 2ndAC Leader. I done a shit ton in my opinion for it. Helping make new docs and reviving the company to a stable state as a whole. And I had my reasons for resigning, partially by boredom. Not just that, but some of the ways the battalion was run made me feel that I had nothing to do as Commander of this great battalion. Sometimes the BCMD would just promote people he liked without asking any of the commanders at all about their opinions of the person promoted. I questioned him about this plenty of times to which he'd just go on saying that he's Cody and he does what he wants. Now don't get me wrong the people that got promoted fast and easily were doing a good job the week or two prior and in ways deserved their promotion, that's besides the point. He kinda rarely asked commanders for opinions about the certain people he liked before just doing it at the spur of the moment. I got tired of it very quickly and when I asked him if I could demote myself but keep the role as leader for 2AC he denied it even though I constantly kept doing my job, having up to 17 active members in the company; 2 weeks after I left, it had dropped to 5. I felt like utter shit useless when my thoughts and opinions were never listened to. One person who was CSM for a while got roughly 30 recruits in one week. And when I, along with many other people in the battalion was saying to promote him multiple times for his excellent work, mamba kept harking back at me saying no because he had no mic. To which pushed me over the edge confirming my point about him not taking peoples opinions where it matters.

Pt. 2 (Of the uselessness bit)

So we had this thing for the 212th that any former senior officer+ can make suggestions and still partially council the BCMD. I tried this but my responses weren't so kind. After a now former officer made a report on mamba as commander he wasn't too happy and quietly held a grudge against him. In the commanding officers chat (for the Commanders+ and a select few former commanders), mamba said something about this person to which I said that it'd be unprofessional of him to hold grudges. The response: https://gyazo.com/3c9ceac167b35e18bae7666998263ffc . Some officers had a big problem about this. They hated how he phrased "my battalion", it's as if they did nothing for him and that the successes were his and his alone (these are not my words, but words of some of the officers I've spoken to. As you can see from that screencap, mamba wasn't too happy when I said that holding grudges was unprofessional and could say something about the battalion. https://gyazo.com/9808ff49ba6029b2fbed1a3ca1adddf4 ; Jagger understood my point. 

3: Vendetta

The Former 212th commanders that gain access to the Commanding Officers chat have a "Privileged" tag in the discord. After I made my remarks about holding the grudge I lost my tag when I woke up the next morning. I was wondering why I lost my privilege to council and help with the battalion so I brought it up into the General chat which everyone including enlisted had access to (yes, that was a bad place to start at). I asked him and well, https://gyazo.com/01496c1c5316d24c4927e56e20593604 (and yes, I should've asked him in DM's where it would make less of a mess, tough this had more of an impact on me). This kid of ties in with him holding grudges against some for having a different opinion than him when I just wanted to try and help the battalion itself despite no longer being apart of it. I was treated like shit for a few days by some people after that. Goes to show I was very appreciated for my work.

4: The end of an era

So after being treated like shit after all I've done with me being apart of the battalion since March 29th, I argued a little with him about not blacklisting someone who got kicked out for immaturity. Besides the point. And despite the officers chat (which is a discussion channel https://gyazo.com/fa0c7e78cde88fcd33a01019f55f3325) we were discussing the fact that he shouldn't get blacklisted because it would cause more drama within the battalion and this person didn't deserve a blacklist, just a kick. So, discussing this, and also having different opinions. Mamba got tired of it all and just straight up banned people from the 212th discord for talking about the topic of discussion at the time. I tried contacting him but I couldn't; so I'll include that bit with a screenshot; https://gyazo.com/5e65bf4ea4fea7f3c924a330cc8a5565 (again, some bad choices of words, but if you've stuck with a battalion since march and done so much shit for them in that length of time, then to get banned for discussing something, getting back stabbed by people you called a friend, you'd react similar too) 

Thank you for your time. :) Also I know this will bring a lot of controversy so don't attack anyone personally please.

Proof (VIDEOS/PICTURES/ETC): All above in the main section of the report.

Suggestion for new Commander of that Battalion (OPTIONAL)?: Jagger/Oddball.

This is really getting a bit old....

You evidence of his Activity/Inactivity has already been disproven in the last BCMD Report in which people have rejected the report because they saw Mamba on and was clearly active. Providing a picture of him standing in bunks or him in a TS channel is very vague and not evidence at all. I could go to the 2nd floor and screenshot Hudson standing there and claim he was AFK on 2nd floor, all day as well as take a picture of Zomb in the 501st Channel and Claim he is wasting his time mainly in the 501st channel. He may go to wherever channel he so pleases so long as he has access or permission.

Rule and regulations claim that a BCMD can be removed for a few of the followings...

1. Inactivity (which you gave very vague evidence on and was already countered on the last report)

2. Inability to maintain numbers within his battalion (Basically saying, so long as the battalion isn't dead, he won't be removed so easily)

3. A Successful commander report. (Which i do not see this Report being approved.)

I'm remaining neutral to both side, but i personally feel like this is getting to the point of just turning into a low key harassment to progress his removal, even though this was already discussed as to what the possible outcomes may be. 

I understand that their was a lot of exchanges of words from both parties regardless of who started it, but the Discord issue isn't something that can relate to this BCMD such as your tags or whatever being removed or you being banned(I don't use Discord for organizing things, so i'm not familiar with the ins and outs of it) BUT if it was Teamspeak, then that would be a different story. you being banned off the discord is something you should take to Billiam seeing as he is the one who owns it.

I understand that most if not all are eager to get a new commander, but as i said already, the possible outcomes have already been explained to yall, it's just a matter of waiting.

Retired:  OG of Synergy | Head Admin | Game Master Chief | Senior Attack and Defense Brigade Commander | #FirstCommanderAppToBeAcceptedOnTheForums.

16 minutes ago, Todd said:

+1 These reports are starting to add up 

Just because there have been 3 different reports (all of them have an overwhelming amount of -1s) doesn't make them any more valid.

I already put this on another one of these reports, but -1.  Mamba has been doing perfectly fine as battalion commander.  Like I said before 212th could be doing a lot better, but they are not in a bad position either.  They are doing average at worst.

Edited by Slack
12 minutes ago, Slack said:

Just because there have been 3 different reports (all of them have an overwhelming amount of -1s) doesn't make them any more valid.

I already put this on another one of these reports, but -1.  Mamba has been doing perfectly fine as battalion commander.  Like I said before 212th could be doing a lot better, but they are not in a bad position either.  They are doing average at worst.

I'm not going to shit on you, but I think something may be wrong if there's been three reports. I love you Mamba but I think the time has come.

Just now, MarX said:

I'm not going to shit on you, but I think something may be wrong if there's been three reports. I love you Mamba but I think the time has come.

The previous reports have had a large amount of -1s, meaning that the general consensus of people don't agree with the reports.

What's more valid to you, the reports of 3 people, or the 100+ replies the previous reports recieved combined.

1 minute ago, Nap the oof said:

@Slackare you involved in the battalion's infastructure ??

I'm allowed to have an opinion on how a battalion is doing, and while you guys may have problems internally, on the outside you guys seem plenty active.

Also please, don't flame anyone. I have no problems with Mamba, he's a great guy. Just when you see these complaints about how he's running the battalion. Many others that are or were (as of recently) have seen the problem. Just letting you know Mamba is still a great friend to me and have no problems with him as a person.

I don't know what goes on within the 212th, but the people in the "Blackmamba is fucking up 212th" group is getting ridiculous. You guys can't sit here and just say it's all of his fault when it's not just him who runs the battalion. If you want to fix the battalion, go and help Mamba instead of pointing the finger at him and saying he does a bad job.

To me this whole uprising on Blackmamba seems like a couple people didn't get their way so they're having a bitch fit. (I'm not saying this is how it is, but it really seems this way because of all the reports being made even when he's on investigation for the first one.) If you don't like how the battalions leadership is, than leave.

This is all I have to have to say. Thank you for reading.

Finally I get an opinion on this before it gets locked!

Hello all, RANCOR Commander Havoc here. AKA 2ndAC Recon Leader Vex from Mocha Frappe's term. And having been above the bunks of everyone for a while now..and coming by a lot. I do see Mamba afk a lot, not like thats a problem. at least he got on the server.  BUT as a fellow leader...Maybe he should turn his direction more inward instead of turning these topics into meme's. Because i'm starting to get livid, the men of your battalion have a right to be angry and worried if THEY don't think your doing enough. This isn't a real military, you aren't the supreme power over them as their CO. Now why not go about it constructively instead of roasting them, demoting them, and treating them poorly. The lifeblood of as battalion are its members. Not the Commanders. And if you've got this going on, your whole battalion gets and awry gaze cast at it. You are all in this as a team. 

P.S. I love the world and get your shit together. because the memes are bleeding over several posts and topics. And I am tired of witch hunts in serious thread sections.

[===] A message from Jagger, Commander and Oddball of 212th [===]

I'm now going to address the situation from my personal perspective. I will be splitting this up into different sections.

• To summarize the situation within the past month, after Billiam resigned, the 212th had some extremely big shoes to fill as Cody. Mamba took the chance and became Cody, at the time we didn't have anyone better nor run for the position. Blackmamba is an active player on the server, and his best quality is micromanaging things in the battalion. He loves to help people out and follow orders. Blackmamba is a follower, not a leader. To be a leader requires certain traits and skills to conduct and uphold at a satisfactory level. Blackmamba struggled to deal with many problems in the battalion and called for the officers to assist him. The officers tried to do some work around the battalion, but ultimately had Blackmamba make all the big and hard decisions by himself. As a result, when it came to internal problems of the 212th, in my opinion Blackmamba didn't handle correctly. He didn't make the right decisions. However, he did make decisions and was trying. The officers and ex-212th were not happy with Blackmamba and voiced their opinion in a rather not-so-constructive fashion. They made valid points, however their arguments and forms of communication were poor in my opinion, leading to escalation, drama, just a mess. Many exchanged happened back and forth, a lot of public deputes, a lot of hurting was happening. A chain of events occurred that led us to this point. 

Blackmamba - You had a few people including myself who were trying to help and tell you what to do. Some suggestions humble, some not. I believe that weather it may be a language barrier, miscommunication, or whatever the deal may be; you fell short on fully trying to understand what people were saying to you and how to deal with it. This isn't an ignorance that you purposely conducted, just a present trait. No one will question how much of a nice and great member you are in the 212th, however the Battalion Commander Role just wasn't for you. There's no shame in what you did; you tried and failed. That beats not trying in the first place. Take what you learn and carry it with you. Take a step back and try to remember what it means to have fun again because I know the recent weeks haven't been so fun.

Officers (Not all the officers, but primarily the ones that drove the situation to this point) - The officers in the battalion do make some valid points and we all know Blackmamba wasn't a great leader. However, while the officers did do some work and tried to do something, they fail to understand a few critical points. The officers do not understand the scale of their responsibilities in the battalion. When we had Billiam, we had it easy. We had this one strong, decisive leader who knew how to make all the right moves. We just simply had to follow. Billiam is a different monster of his own; your mistake was raising your standards of a leader should be to Billiam's level. A battalion is NOT led by ONE person. It is led by every single heart, mind and soul in the battalion. It is a collection of different people as one unified, organized unit. 

Officers of the 212th, while you may say Blackmamba has failed the battalion, you too have failed the battalion. You told your Battalion Commander to change things, expecting it to just happen and for it to just miraculously work out. While your suggestions/decisions may have been right, they are not absolute. You can never guarantee that what you say or do will work out perfectly.

You called for change, but you asked this grand change out of one person who was incapable of bringing this change, unable to reach your abnormally high expectations due to in your past, you having everything already laid out for you. Instead of being frustrated, lashing out at the denial of your high expectations of change being made, YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE THAT CHANGE YOURSELVES. No, change is not easy. If it were, Blackmamba would have given that change to you already. That's the point of change; it's not easy. You have to be willing to drop your high expectations, drop the ego, open the minds and push for that change, work for that change, create that change. 

Nay, what you have instead done was clutched to your egos, demanding change or declaring defeat. Never did it occur to you that YOU ALL ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT CHANGE. Blackmamba is responsible for that change; the senior officers are responsible for that change; the junior officers responsible for that change; the NCOs are responsible for that change; even the enlisted are responsible for that change. YOU are responsible for that change.

So heed my words children, so the youthful mind can grow and understand how not only the game works, but how life works. A lot of times, when something doesn't work out for you, you can't just say "Fuck it I quit!" You don't have a fucking choice. When I was caught inside a raging civil war in the foreign lands of Egypt at the age of 13, with a gun in my hand and people dying around me, I couldn't fucking quit. What was I going to say to the people shooting at me? "Oh I don't want to do this anymore I quit, its someone's fault for getting me into this mess. I shouldn't be the one getting shot at. It should be that person. I don't deserve this!" You think they'll just stop shooting at me? My friends? My family?

Hint: They fucking didn't.

It doesn't have to be this extreme. It can be in the workplace. I'm pretty sure with a job you can't just say 'Fuck it' and stop working. Newsflash; you'll probably lose your house and be out on the streets with nothing. You have to work to survive; we all do.

============================================================================================

Blackmamba; you tried, but you did fail. You made some mistakes, but welcome to life. Don't be so narrow minded or egoistical to think the fault lies on all else besides you. However, don't torment yourself thinking you were the only one to fail. I want you to learn from your mistakes to become not only a better player, but a better person in life.

Officers/Ex-212th members; So you choose to do some work, ask for change, and throw a fit you didn't get it. Congratulations, you reap the very thing you sow. You wanted change, now you have it; by further damaging the battalion and ruining friendships. The enlisted and NCOs are now confused and anxious as to what happened or what's going on. Blackmamba may have failed to do his part, but so did you. You guys are much more capable than that. You guys can do it, you just need do actually do it. Also, remember we have NCOs and enlisted we need to show the way for; these guys are the future of the 212th so we have to make sure THEY don't fail in the future, that they don't make the same mistakes as we did. Remember the little guys.

This doesn't just go for the 212th. This goes to everyone on the server; at least the ones that make it this far. That is all I have to say on the matter.

For those who are truly ready to make change with me and return the battalion to its former glory; 

Come with me and we shall carve a new path; a new era, a new generation of the 212th attack battalion. We refuse to give up, we refuse to accept defeat; We will rise - We are 212th. Let's do this.

For those who are thinking of leaving;

I respect that you are finished and want to end things here. I understand if you grew tired and you're just done with everything. I encourage you to take a break, go have some fun and enjoy yourself. Whether that be coming back in a few days, joining a new battalion, leaving the community to play other games, or even just IRL stuff, I wish you the best in life.

For those who are not willing to make the change yet willing to complain;

Grow some balls and wake up. Do something about it. If this doesn't make the 'change', then someone or something down the line will make that change for you in life. I only hope it doesn't shatter you as much as it did me, and may God forbid you go through something as violent as I did in my young teenage/adulthood.

"A leader is only as strong as the people around them."

The lesson has been taught. Learn to communicate more effectively, remember to be respectful, compassionate, hard working, and positive. Farewell and I wish you all the best.

= Jagger =

212th/2ndAC Commander Oddball

Synergy Roleplay Community Member

Human Being

onttR2K.png

Edited by Jagger
  • Agree 4

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

Ok I'm throwing this here we had a really nice discussion today with mamba and the 212th About the concerns the battalion has and one of the issues were new players not being shown what to do everyone is blaming everybody and yes he is BCMD and it rests on his shoulders but everybody should be doing their jobs instead of fighting and casting blame BCMD has full control of battalion to run it as he sees fits and demote remove or promote who he wants unless based on race age or sex  yes he should listen to his people but at the end of the day he as final say on everything   He is  not being demoted at this time unless he breaks the rules of BCMD

• Agree 5