Help Base OP not be stuck in quasi-quarantine

Gestalt

Name: Gestalt

RP Rank: Private

Suggestion: Adding Job to Naval

Implementation: White list a new class to naval so they aren't just stuck pressing buttons. 

Lore: Well if you were to put down a field operative on the field with a radio or transmitter of some sort. You'd want them with clone armor and everything right? That's a solution to this but, this problem pertains to the base ops specifically that are stuck. There could be multiple Base Ops on the main server both the same rank and the same job, obviously if there's an event going on one of them could want to play, but what if they don't want to play their clone life and want to train and coordinate logistics on the field, maybe even getting low and dirty with the clones too. What I'm suggesting is we can have radiomen or field agents in an FOB near the spawn to coordinate things with people and bring in a new perspective to the fight, like how radios were invented. In history, ever since the radio was invented, it changed the face of war forever and with the republic naval organization, for sure they could've spared a few men to go down along with the men to act as field agents giving live feedback to the fleet above. 

Workshop content if applicable: Can be done in server. 

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add: Some form of Field Operative/Agent or Coordinator in events, rather than forcing the host get multiple actors or change names each time to do some Republic and CIS RP each time.. This can be easily solved by having a base op act as a coordinator/logistical manager in events. 
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: Naval Logistics/Radioman/Field Operative/ this formatting of name etc. 

Slots: (Honestly based on how many or how big the mission is, this number can vary) 2-4/2-4

Description: A naval member tasked with helping out ground forces in the battlefield itself, both logistics and coordinating attacks. 

Model: I can't find the model because I'm dumb, the same model you use for Base OP can be used for the field ops

Weapons: The same pistol and emotes the base ops use already would be fitting, maybe a hologram or the holocomms you hold in the palm of your hand emote as well.

Other: I'm a very new player to the server, I just put some thought into base op. Naval doesn't need to be stuck in space, that's why we also have base op on the ground, so why shouldn't they just have a role in the field if they don't want to be stuck in the monotony of the base if there's an event that's gonna happen soon? Please reply any criticism. 

Edited by Gestalt
Banned

Speaking strictly from a GM perspective. As a GM we have a lot at our disposal to ensure that events run smoothly. I personally don't feel like essentially making a naval event job is necessary as pretty much it would only be used for events. We ask BO high command if they want to act out a role and it works out. Also question did you ask BO high command before posting?

-1 From me. I don't feel like as of now it is necessary but it's an interesting concept. 

2 minutes ago, kojak said:

Speaking strictly from a GM perspective. As a GM we have a lot at our disposal to ensure that events run smoothly. I personally don't feel like essentially making a naval event job is necessary as pretty much it would only be used for events. We ask BO high command if they want to act out a role and it works out. Also question did you ask BO high command before posting?

-1 From me. I don't feel like as of now it is necessary but it's an interesting concept. 

I wanted to see how people were looking towards this, either positively or negatively. I don't know who the high commands of Naval are yet and if this idea hits I could talk to them about it. But being a Private without the naval job would be awkward to talk to them about their organization would be kinda off in my personal sense. So I opted for a community status quo first before asking them this. Sure it would've been helpful but I don't know or see them on as of this moment. 

-1 and reasons below 

1. this is a suggestion about Naval and it wasn’t cleared by them so :Pepega:

2. As a former HA and GMO and long time GM, this is why you have game helpers, you have the admins change their names and send the message for you. 
3. Naval can do exactly what they do now and help relay information, however it’s not their job to tell people what to do that is the job of the commanding officers in battalions and the regimentals and Marshal commander to do. 

4. If an interaction needs to take place most game masters are capable of changing names and typing it’s not very hard, I’ve done hour long events this way, it sucks but tough luck. 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Head Admin

@Gestalt model - models/player/clone/ifnbnaval.mdl

Current: Head Admin | Marshal Commander

I think it would be nice to have some consolation with naval on this. Also you what your trying to say here is a comms man. Which can easily be done without a specific job. Normally when Naval is deployed we take charge in coordination. No need to have separate jobs for a easy task. And to be fair we don't only press buttons. Im only considering your new to the community I suggest you should consult a naval High Command and spend a bit of time on the server to see if this is necessary 

Just Finished a Trilogy Marathon so here are some Lord of the Rings  Reaction Gifs - Album on Imgur

Suggestion Denied
Suggestions relating to a specific Battalion must have appropriate approval, otherwise the suggestion will be automatically denied

//locked
//moved to denied

Former: CWRP Director, CWRP Intel Director, 
Current: Gamer

Forever: Shitty helmet artist