Neptune - Dropping Hot In Umbara

Neptune

Name: Neptune

Who helped (If applicable): Jagger Undead Ratio Sparks

Event Name: Dropping Hot In Umbara

Summary of the story: Jedi Master Joval and his team were sent to destroy an umbaran base, all of his ships were shot down and a strike was sent to rescue them which failed, but a 2nd strike team moved in to rescue them and proceed to destroy the main facility.

What was the result of the event?: They blew the facility up and saved the 3 men.

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: Shoot em up

d9f249f35937db020ed6d92e3ba44fae.png

Hi, I'm Neptune

winkwink- Tumblr posts - Tumbig.com

• Director
Director

9/10 Very good 

1 minute ago, coregang said:

2 Little chaotic and unorganized

For the entire I event I gave simple instructions which I try my best to keep simple, retrieve the 3 men, destroy  the base and umbarans, and then go back and retrieve you're mens' dog tags.

the beginning part was very scuffed though in my opinion due to the drop pods somehow glitching and breaking. I also stated that there were no jetpacks and people still continued to use them.

I don't know how unorganized it was due the other people that rated didn't complain as badly but this is me responding to criticism in my best manner.

Hi, I'm Neptune

1 minute ago, Kano1004 said:

7/10
Next time i wouldn't put tanks down because there was a ton of team killing happening and was just very chaotic at the tower but other than that it was a good event

The reasons for the tanks and ships in the air were to make it more immersive with the troops but they just ended up jumping into them and killing other players.

Hi, I'm Neptune

Hello, "Master Joval" here. Event was pretty prime so from the GM point I would rate a 10/10. You tried your hardest to make it enjoyable, but unfortunately, and I speak from experience here, sometimes it's not the GMs fault things go awry. There were several missed opportunities for RP as several clones located our position, and then proceeded to walk away. The 187th completely missed us, and few 212th managed to locate the wreck. However, I understand that the terrain is scuffed, and it was extremely difficult to manage to walk in a straight line towards the OBJ. With that being said, it really ruined the event for us when nearly 90% of the deployed units just walk right past our position and ignore that aspect of the event. By the time myself and the two other event jobs (my CT battalion) it was all but over. This is a great example of how even the best laid plans can often turn out unintended circumstances. 

Yes, I am that Sparks.
Former 104th Commander Wolfee | Former ST Commander Fox | Former Jedi General Sparks | Former Anakin Skywalker | Former/Original Sentinel Leader

"We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson