There are some really cool assets and ideas in this video for event stuff and the update

Evan

Will the update/ event server have cool shit like this? Seriously take a look, it has HUD objectives on the screen, engineers picking up and placing down cover, orbital strikes that dont kill the server or peoples frames. To be clear im not adverting this server and saying you should join, i dont even know this servers name, but we should use it as inspiration for our own server.

14 hours ago, Evan said:

Yeah I know... I have a problem where i look at the server and I see what could be done just not how hard it would be getting it done.

I like your ideas a lot of the time, but i have to agree with Shovel. The server itself has a hard time running stable without any giant mods. Unfortunately,  i don't think the server could even run this woth 100+ people on at a time.

17 minutes ago, JBFox said:

I like your ideas a lot of the time, but i have to agree with Shovel. The server itself has a hard time running stable without any giant mods. Unfortunately,  i don't think the server could even run this woth 100+ people on at a time.

I know :( we need Gmod 2.0

1 hour ago, Evan said:

I know :( we need Gmod 2.0

18 minutes ago, ccmonty said:

Never going to happen

I mean the creators of Garry's Mod (facepunch) have started work on a project called "Sandbox".  It eventually might become the successor to Garry's Mod, and it runs off of the unreal 4 engine instead of the source engine.

20 minutes ago, Slack said:

I mean the creators of Garry's Mod (facepunch) have started work on a project called "Sandbox".  It eventually might become the successor to Garry's Mod, and it runs off of the unreal 4 engine instead of the source engine.

Dont give me hope like that... 

2 hours ago, Billiam Clinton said:

I'm going to let you guys know right now that when this does come out, I estimate at least 6 months - 1 year before you even see one Star Wars RP server.

And it probably won't have the amount of content the SWRP servers do now.

Like all things video games itll take time and I understand that. The plus of gmod 2.0 is that the servers will be able to handle all the shit that would crash this one with ease.

Me and baxter where just playing on that server and its actually a good server and has good content... im sure there are stuff that even us can learn from the server... one guy we had saw while playing had 5 fucking ping... 5 PING! and was just a moderator

Edited by Fido™
48 minutes ago, Fido™ said:

Me and baxter where just playing on that server and its actually a good server and has good content... im sure there are stuff that even us can learn from the server... one guy we had saw while playing had 5 fucking ping... 5 PING! and was just a moderator

I have played on it too and I agree with your assessment. The ping level is actually the result of a console command that I forget. It lowered my ping from 90 to 10.