Jedi using torture?

Zahariel

" The Galactic Republic was founded on the principles of law and justice, and torture was against the bylaws of the Galactic Senate. " Now I'm fine with Null squad using torture to acquire information, as Mandalorians are quite adept at it. However, Jedi using anything beyond Force Trick is just not lore appropriate. Jedi did not use pain or torture to interrogate prisoners. To do so is in violation of Senate laws, and the Jedi way. I find it extremely aggravating that Jedi Shadows are just allowed to ignore this fact,just because they are shadows. Shadows are still Jedi, They still serve the Republic, and the Liberty's it stands for. Shadows in lore are investigators within the order, and are tasked with destroying Sith Artifacts and remnants. I've researched for awhile now, and have found no evidence that they ever used torture to do this. To be frank, I find it a disturbing break of Lore, and think it should be considered as Fail-Rp. I don't want to take away from anyone's roleplay experience, but Erotic RP is banned for a reason, and I feel that RPing the act of causing someone immense levels of pain who is helpless to fight back is simply Sociopathic and inappropriate. [Insert Michael Jordan Mcdonald's ad. "Stop it, Get help."] Once again, I believe if torture is going to be utilized whatsoever aboard the Venator, it has to be by those operating outside Republic Law and scrutiny, I.E. Null, and maybe R.C..

• Agree 3

This is my view on it since I am a Jedi master and also delta squad Fixer: The Jedi just want something to do in IR (shadows im looking st you mainly), but it also takes one of the main factors of being a NULL or RC. So in my eyes, leave the interrogation stuff to NULL and RC, but here is something else. I FULLY encourage a Jedi TELLING what the RC or NULL what to do in IR if we are interrogating a sith, so that way both parties are participating and happy. 

53 minutes ago, Evan said:

Lol what about when torture isnt actually necessary and and I, as a consular, try to roleplay it out and negotiate but get kicked out of IR because all the null and RC are thirsty for some torture action?

Have you ever heard of "NEVER NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS"???

2 hours ago, Punda said:

This is my view on it since I am a Jedi master and also delta squad Fixer: The Jedi just want something to do in IR (shadows im looking st you mainly), but it also takes one of the main factors of being a NULL or RC. So in my eyes, leave the interrogation stuff to NULL and RC, but here is something else. I FULLY encourage a Jedi TELLING what the RC or NULL what to do in IR if we are interrogating a sith, so that way both parties are participating and happy. 

Jedi can do group based Force Trick, IE Mace, Obi and Anakin using at all together on Cad Bane. Jedi can Interrogate, just not Torture. In an example, If I was on my consular, and had to interrogate a Sith. "So, according to your view on the force, Strength and Power are important yes?" "-Unintelligible Sith Screeching-" "These are things you appear to lack, for you now sit my prisoner. Tell me, what would your master do to you if he knew you had been so easily captured? He may even just assume you gave up." "-Grows quiet and nervous.-" "You fear your master more than me, no? So If I were to release you in a few days, no worse for wear, yet striped of your blade... What do you think your master would do?"

What I'm getting at is with a creative mind, words can be just as useful as blades or instruments.

• Agree 1
21 minutes ago, Zahariel said:

Jedi can do group based Force Trick, IE Mace, Obi and Anakin using at all together on Cad Bane. Jedi can Interrogate, just not Torture. In an example, If I was on my consular, and had to interrogate a Sith. "So, according to your view on the force, Strength and Power are important yes?" "-Unintelligible Sith Screeching-" "These are things you appear to lack, for you now sit my prisoner. Tell me, what would your master do to you if he knew you had been so easily captured? He may even just assume you gave up." "-Grows quiet and nervous.-" "You fear your master more than me, no? So If I were to release you in a few days, no worse for wear, yet striped of your blade... What do you think your master would do?"

What I'm getting at is with a creative mind, words can be just as useful as blades or instruments.

GET OUT OF IR, WE NEED TO DO OUR TORTURE TO THIS INNOCENT CIVILIAN WHO MIGHT HAVE INFORMATION INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY TALKING TO HIM

KTHANKS

• Agree 2