Joe's Event Deep in the Snow

Joe

Name: Jaing Skirata (Joe)

Who helped (If applicable):

Event Name: Deep in the Snow

Summary of the story: A scout team was reported missing, upon further investigation, it was found that a Hidden CIS Air base was hidden deep in the snow planet of [Redacted], upon more investigation, it was found the base is harvesting resources deep below the planet to profit on the market as well as maintaining a series of vehicles on the outpost. The main goal was to take out the generators and infiltrate the base and blow it up after extracting any prisoners within if any, however they stumbled upon something more than just the CIS, an odd organization that uses unique technology to combat the clones, however the clones came out on top after storming the narrow halls and gathered intel about the transaction taking place.

What was the result of the event?: Mission Success

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: Mainly shoot'em up

d9f249f35937db020ed6d92e3ba44fae.png

Retired:  OG of Synergy | Head Admin | Game Master Chief | Senior Attack and Defense Brigade Commander | #FirstCommanderAppToBeAcceptedOnTheForums.

Banned

10/10 good story, good action, good enemies, i love the walkers.

7/10 Decent shoot 'em up event. Had fun.

The sections wide outdoors in the beginning had good variety of droids, and appropriate difficulty associated with clearing. Although, troopers who possessed long range weaponry, like snipers, trivialized most of the engagement with these droids- this filled troopers with less access to these weapons with a sentiment of uselessness in the face of these troopers. In the future, keep in mind the terrain of the map in use and how players are most likely to use that terrain to deal with threats, and how those methods might alienate players from participation.

During the outdoor section, there was the employment of combine gunships. This has great potential for fun and engaging conflict during events. Their initial appearance sparked panic and surprise. This is exactly how an infantry personnel should feel under the threat of airborne units. But, I feel these gunships were used in excess. After the third gunship it became clear that an engagement with them was trivialized by ~30 seconds of concentrated laserfire. Additionally, I did not witness casualties inflicted proportionate to the surprise that they created- their debris falling from the sky resulting from their destruction appeared to carry more lethality  than the gunship's main cannon. Also keep in mind the imersion-breaking factor of the gunships appearing out of thin air, and crawling on the ground. In the future, use this feature with greater moderation.

There was also the employment of striders. This too suffers from many of the problems with the combine gunships. Although their appearance was surprising and concerning, they left much to be desired. They would appear out of thin air in an imersion-breaking way, they could be easily dispatched with little resistance, and fighting them became boring after only a few had fallen before the troopers. These mobs in particular produced a lot of debris on their death, it would have been appreciated if this debris could be removed so that server performance can be improved with them gone, the immersion-breaking factor of the debris being removed is generally appreciated, especially considering the force spent so little time looking at them since the following section was indoors. In the future, deploy striders with greater moderation and be more mindful of spawning them out of thin air.

The indoor section left great satisfaction, and the flaws associated it are on the fault of the troopers participating. The frustration and friendly fire associated with this section can be mitigated with better trained troopers. Battalions should consider doing more cross-training with battalions like DU so they know how to act during sections like these.

The RTB back to base could have been handled better. For many it was a boring walk back to the briefing area. A cool explosion following the detonation of charges would have been a great addition to accent our RTB.

4 minutes ago, Rosebrandon0 said:

7/10 Decent shoot 'em up event. Had fun.

The sections wide outdoors in the beginning had good variety of droids, and appropriate difficulty associated with clearing. Although, troopers who possessed long range weaponry, like snipers, trivialized most of the engagement with these droids- this filled troopers with less access to these weapons with a sentiment of uselessness in the face of these troopers. In the future, keep in mind the terrain of the map in use and how players are most likely to use that terrain to deal with threats, and how those methods might alienate players from participation.

During the outdoor section, there was the employment of combine gunships. This has great potential for fun and engaging conflict during events. Their initial appearance sparked panic and surprise. This is exactly how an infantry personnel should feel under the threat of airborne units. But, I feel these gunships were used in excess. After the third gunship it became clear that an engagement with them was trivialized by ~30 seconds of concentrated laserfire. Additionally, I did not witness casualties inflicted proportionate to the surprise that they created- their debris falling from the sky resulting from their destruction appeared to carry more lethality  than the gunship's main cannon. Also keep in mind the imersion-breaking factor of the gunships appearing out of thin air, and crawling on the ground. In the future, use this feature with greater moderation.

There was also the employment of striders. This too suffers from many of the problems with the combine gunships. Although their appearance was surprising and concerning, they left much to be desired. They would appear out of thin air in an imersion-breaking way, they could be easily dispatched with little resistance, and fighting them became boring after only a few had fallen before the troopers. These mobs in particular produced a lot of debris on their death, it would have been appreciated if this debris could be removed so that server performance can be improved with them gone, the immersion-breaking factor of the debris being removed is generally appreciated, especially considering the force spent so little time looking at them since the following section was indoors. In the future, deploy striders with greater moderation and be more mindful of spawning them out of thin air.

The indoor section left great satisfaction, and the flaws associated it are on the fault of the troopers participating. The frustration and friendly fire associated with this section can be mitigated with better trained troopers. Battalions should consider doing more cross-training with battalions like DU so they know how to act during sections like these.

The RTB back to base could have been handled better. For many it was a boring walk back to the briefing area. A cool explosion following the detonation of charges would have been a great addition to accent our RTB.

Thanks so much for the input, I really do appreciate it very much, and I'm glad you had fun.

Unfortunately some things can't be spawned in as immersively as possible due to limited props or their not being drop pods for combine, as for the Gunships spawning out of thin air, not something i could bring in immersively either as doing so would require me to go into npc controller, and it would be an extreme hassle for me to do so, considering i was the only one handling everything, hence why some things take a while to occur such as explosions and more npc Spawns, But I think i could have transition they're placement in smoother by doing something in comms such as "Enemy aircraft inbound! take cover!" .

Also the Striders, was more of a test, which deemed to be a failure due to no way in adjusting their glass brittle HP (hence the nearly instant death of them along with the Attack helicopter) , But yeah, they were more there for the Surprise and shock factor.

Also I do agree! Battalions should do a lot more cross training, as it could help improve relations and tactics, as well as keep the battalion busy with something to do on the server, however that is up to the BCMD (or Commanding Officer) to take initiative on that  along with Staff. 

Again thanks for the large amount of feedback! and I will hopefully improve on my next event.

Retired:  OG of Synergy | Head Admin | Game Master Chief | Senior Attack and Defense Brigade Commander | #FirstCommanderAppToBeAcceptedOnTheForums.