Why does this server still use TS?

Hey all,

I've asked this question before to other people and none of them have been able to answer it. I'm not trying to shit on TS but I'm just asking if why we use TS instead of discord which is sorta a better platform in my opinion. I'm sure there is a reason for it but I can't really figure out what it could be.

I'm genuinely just curious as to why.

5 minutes ago, Regional said:

cause it would be chaotic 12 Battalions all in one discord while everyone recruiting pulling 400+ people monthly into one discord 

Just now, Elijah said:

It’s would be bad to have 500+ with about 12 Battalions. TS is better because it’s more organized. 

Just kinda thought of it but what if we just kept all the battalion discords separate like how we have it now and had one big discord server where all the announcements are made and people could just join and only people that needed to make server wide announcements had the perms to chat and that kind of stuff but still have private discord channels for donators and stuff.

Just a suggestion please don't flame, I expect someone to tell me that my idea is wrong.

8 minutes ago, Sn3akyboi said:

Just kinda thought of it but what if we just kept all the battalion discords separate like how we have it now and had one big discord server where all the announcements are made and people could just join and only people that needed to make server wide announcements had the perms to chat and that kind of stuff but still have private discord channels for donators and stuff.

Just a suggestion please don't flame, I expect someone to tell me that my idea is wrong.

Wouldnt work, many servers have tried this and they've died. And also It would be hard if someone needs to speak to someone It would be hard.

• Friendly 1
47 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Discord is superior for small gatherings over large scale communication and contact for the whole community this is just the blanket argument but it covers most of what will.be said

37 minutes ago, Regional said:

Ugh we kinda have that it's a commander discord for XO+ where announcements get said then they tell there battalions 

56 minutes ago, Josh Schneider said:

Wouldnt work, many servers have tried this and they've died. And also It would be hard if someone needs to speak to someone It would be hard.

Thanks for clearing things up then, it makes a lot more sense. Thanks for helping me out.

Its also easier to have someone join a TS which they can leave easier than a Discord which you will be in until you leave you be kicked our off.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

Discord isn't really secure or meant for properly organised and professional servers. Sure, there are servers with thousands of members that use it and run it and it works well but it really doesn't for this format of gametype/server type. If you want to be raided 24/7 then Discord is the thing for you, if you don't then TeamSpeak is great for video games.

• Agree 1
On 10/1/2019 at 12:50 AM, Sn3akyboi said:

Hey all,

I've asked this question before to other people and none of them have been able to answer it. I'm not trying to shit on TS but I'm just asking if why we use TS instead of discord which is sorta a better platform in my opinion. I'm sure there is a reason for it but I can't really figure out what it could be.

I'm genuinely just curious as to why.

Well with this, it is heavily opinionated. Some people hate discord, and some people hate ts. (Not saying anything about your preference.)

Keeping that in mind, the server was created with teamspeak and this website, and any switch to discord would require time and thought into organizing a discord to function as these forums do. (Keep in mind even with a switch the website itself would have to remain as a web store.) So it might come down to a lack of a need to switch.

Secondly, things like staff meetings, community meetings, etc would be harder to organize if we do as you're suggesting by keeping batt discords separated and used for voice chats.

Hope this helped you.

Edited by Thexan
Typo
  • Friendly 1