Prodigal Son Returned

BCNS

Name: BCNS

Who helped (If applicable): Skunk, dolvek koala,breadstick,Reaper, Rackarain

Event Name:Prodigal Son Returned

Summary of the story:

A stray senator that was always, loyal to the Senator has been reported as stealing funds from a republic Relief Fun. The troopers where tasked with recording the stray senator and bring him back to answer for his crimes.

Once on sight the troopers talk with the local populis to discover the full story where the senator was there to pay a ransom to recover his son. The local Police have been bribed into assisting the mercs, and a local bar owner leaks this info to the troopers

In the end the Troopers recovered the Senator and his son and pursued the Mecs' revealed to be led by Cad Bane to his ship and capture the Mercenary

What was the result of the event?:

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event:

Rp into Shootem up

Edited by BCNS
  • Friendly 1

10/10. I know some people are going to have mixed feelings about it, but as someone who prefers RP over combat I loved it. There was a lot of player freedom on how to handle the event jobs, and the event jobs were very good at role playing. I liked it a lot, keep up the RP!

• Agree 1

9/10 Loved the RPing aspect it was very enjoyable. I believe though us being the last lasting battalion so soon ended up making it quite hard to stop the Corrupt Police and Cad Bane of course.

FormerTorrent Company Commander Kano/Fives, WO Appo | FormerWO Mortar, Lieutenant Dash-29

Former: GCO WO Waxer

3/10, i give a 3 cause you are only a game helper and you have time but here why i did not enjoy it

1. ForcedRP- I techrp a datapad and was forced by gm not to use it

2. Targeted 327th - literally multiple times said on stream "Kill 327th they are being so annoying"

3. Shit talking ME personally - i heard like 10 times i was called shit on stream which i could give 2 shits but just keep clean about my name

[THE TOXICITY WAS FROM HIS EVENT JOBS BTW, NOT BCNS]

Edited by CrazyFastNight
Clarification
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

4/10 

While I quite enjoyed the event, I think the fact that the police force used an overpowered perma-weapon to defend the building is absolutely fucking stupid.  I did not mind the E-11Ds being used, but the LD-1 was too far, especially for a one life event.

You ruined my chance, and about five others chance to RP.

Although the LD-1 may not have killed anyone, it was certainly employed, no E-11D can knock someone with full stats to less than 100 health in 2 hits, it is fucking impossible.  I was enjoying my experience, until that point.

You should supervise your event jobs, they ruined the RP with the mayor.

Edited by Buuged | Thermite
  • Agree 2

21st's most useless long term member

why my shit keep getting deleted

2 minutes ago, Buuged | Thermite said:

4/10 

While I quite enjoyed the event, I think the fact that the police force used an overpowered perma-weapon to defend the building is absolutely fucking stupid.  I did not mind the E-11Ds being used, but the LD-1 was too far, especially for a one life event.

You ruined my chance, and about five others chance to RP.

Although the LD-1 may not have killed anyone, it was certainly employed, no E-11D can knock someone with full stats to less than 100 health in 2 hits, it is fucking impossible.  I was enjoying my experience, until that point.

I was watching that in spectate. One of your guys straight shot a rocket into your squad...

Edit: We also specified no perm weapons for event jobs during the debrief

Edited by Koala
8 minutes ago, CrazyFastNight said:

3/10, i give a 3 cause you are only a game helper and you have time but here why i did not enjoy it

2. Targeted 327th - literally multiple times said on stream "Kill 327th they are being so annoying"

3. Shit talking ME personally - i heard like 10 times i was called shit on stream which i could give 2 shits but just keep clean about my name

Understandable, but you powergamed that Cad Bane was there. With zero confirmation with the Game Master, you got half the troopers to detain event jobs. While, you absolutely can go in, and steal a datapad, you can't just be like Cad Bane is here, without asking the GM if its okay.

On the shit talking, I must personally apologize for the event job's  actions. They've been talked to, and if they ever do so again, they will get a blacklist from Event jobs.

Edited by Koala
put=> but
  • Friendly 1
4 minutes ago, Koala said:

I was watching that in spectate. One of your guys straight shot a rocket into your squad...

The republic launcher does not cause much damage though, even if shot straight into a group. 
The "rocket reasoning" is flawed. 

Your event jobs still used overpowered weapons against the GM, we had reasonable suspicion from an SO inside the station to make entry, and we gave many options for us to be let in, the breaching was my last option.

Saying a rocket caused our problems is a load of garbage.

Edited by Buuged | Thermite

7 minutes ago, Buuged | Thermite said:

I think the fact that the police force used an overpowered perma-weapon to defend the building is absolutely fucking stupid. 

you guys also did have a rocket fired into your own guys by your own guys so it made it easier for us to kill you.

1 minute ago, Alexz said:

you guys also did have a rocket fired into your own guys by your own guys so it made it easier for us to kill you.

I took negatable damage from the rocket, I went from almost 500 health to 100 in a matter of 2 hits.

Just now, Buuged | Thermite said:

I took negatable damage from the rocket, I went from almost 500 health to 100 in a matter of 2 hits.

I was one of the police and I had no LD-1, so I don't know who used it because the other guy was a vet admin. I have no perma weapons other then a knife.

16 minutes ago, 327th Yolo said:

You ON STREAM targeted us in the 327th so you know...1/10

327th was not targeted. As Cad Bane, I watched as all of you stood in a hallway and got shot up, we killed you all because you didn't play smart.

14 minutes ago, CrazyFastNight said:

Whenever you have something, you MUST relay it to a GH or GM. You made your own RP and called out that Cad Bane was here, which you had no idea that he was.

Again 327th wasn't targeted, you guys stood in a hallway and got shot.

Metagamers are going to be called out. That's all I'm going to say.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

As the Senator of the Event Jobs I can confirmed the following:

327th was not targeted by Cad Bane, even after CFN's Metagame situation. 
All the Event Jobs were either given West-AR pistols or E11Ds. 
Also, concerning the Meta-Game situation, CFN did metagame and we chose to only talk within the channel. (I didn't know BCNS was streaming so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
For my rating as an event job, I would give your event a 8/10. Good job BCNS, keep up the good work!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

13 minutes ago, Blueberry Juice said:

327th was not targeted. As Cad Bane, I watched as all of you stood in a hallway and got shot up, we killed you all because you didn't play smart.

Whenever you have something, you MUST relay it to a GH or GM. You made your own RP and called out that Cad Bane was here, which you had no idea that he was.

Again 327th wasn't targeted, you guys stood in a hallway and got shot.

Metagamers are going to be called out. That's all I'm going to say.

Calling out does mean to disrespect my fellow battalion members and say things like

”I fucking hate CFN”

”Most cancerous member of Synergy”

dumb me, disagree me, don’t care I love this server but this needs to be seen as something that can’t go on

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
1 minute ago, CrazyFastNight said:

Calling out does mean to disrespect my fellow battalion members and say things like

”I fucking hate CFN”

dumb me, disagree me, don’t care I love this server but this needs to be seen as something that can’t go on

Well maybe don't Metagame and I'm 99% sure that nobody said that. I should know, because I was Cad Bane.

Also, this is it. No more arguing because this is an AAR not a shit post

Edited by Blueberry Juice
  • Friendly 1

Agreed no one should be bullied on the server, i understand everyone has their own opinions of everyone and that is something with human nature but from just my perspective ill always drive to let everyone have fun with any action of events i take part in,

Just now, CrazyFastNight said:

”I fucking hate CFN”

• Winner 1

I was not there for the event, but I was watching BCNS's stream from YouTube. From what I could see and hear (as I could hear talking from teamspeak, throughout the stream) there was a lot of miscommunication from both ends.

1. I noticed from a few of the event jobs that they somehow knew which battalions or a person was alive. Ex. ("we killed all of the 327th) or ("only the 104th are left guys") I understand you are in teamspeak and it may slip out, but from what I could see on stream, was that some event jobs knew who each player was before even talking to them. This also goes for some of the clones as well, I saw some of you go right at Cad Bane, before you could confirm it was him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both clones and event jobs, need to be careful when it comes to this. I totally understand its hard sometimes, and it may be an accident as you can clearly see their names when you get close to them. Mistakes happen, we are all human, but we should always keep this in mind.

2. I did hear alot of name calling, back and forths, both in game, and in teamspeak. I understand you may get angry or annoyed at someone, because of a miscommunication, or a mistake they made. But instead of jumping to conclusions that such and such may be a metagamer, or trying to powergame, step into their shoes. During a heavily roleplayable event, the roleplay is bound to change a little bit, especially when we have the use of /roll, luck can be our friend or sometimes it can be our worst nightmare. Maybe instead of getting upset or stressed out about it, just realize anything can happen whether you like it or not, and you just gotta go with it, and be creative. We are meant to be a community and have fun. You gotta remember this is a game, things aren't always going to go your way.

In conclusion, instead of getting upset with each other, try and understand each point of view, before jumping to conclusions. We don't need to name call, give someone a bad rep because they made a mistake. Instead try to teach them, and give them some tips and improvements on how to play!

• Winner 2