Poe's - Auction Hunters pt 1

Poe

These are required for all events.

You may log any fellow Game Master in your "Who Helped" section, including but not limited to ideas, spawning NPCs & even being an event job.

You must name the thread "(Your name)'s - (Event Name)"

If you used an idea from the  event idea section, please credit the original creator in the AAR

Event Idea by: 
Link to the original idea:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Poe

Who helped (If applicable): Cannon/Barr, Rocksteady

Event Name: Auction Hunters PT 1

Summary of the story: An auctioneer has arrived at the base with two reprogrammed Jedi hunter droids. They are adept high value defense  droids specializing in VIP protection. Knowing their value Cad Bane is hired by the CIS to steal them back. While the auction is occurring Bane and his accomplice disguise themselves as clones to infiltrate the auction and sneak away with the Droids. Purchasing the droids and leading them to the alpha outpost. Where the clones are ambushed by the bounty hunters.

What was the result of the event?: Cad Bane regrouped with the other bounty hunters and evacuated the planet with the assistance of the CIS. Escaping with one of the two valuable Hunter droids. The bounty hunters catch up with the auctioneer, holding him hostage in order to find out how he reprograms the droids. to be continued...

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: Passive RP into a Shoot em' up

d9f249f35937db020ed6d92e3ba44fae.png

Edited by Poe

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

Banned

+9 great idea 

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

The Good

• Killed some time late at night I guess

The Bad

• Auction events are kinda meh
  • CT Bane would have immediately drawn mass attention to himself with that massive amount of credits he wanted to buy that droid for. Ordo and I didn't want to ruin the event, but it would have be totally within reason to detain that trooper for questioning.
  • The event jobs kinda just flew around a lot which makes them hard to hit. I won't really complain about their HP since they got plot armor and what not but, yeah
  • I had droids spawned on me at least once which is really annoying

Rating

Other than killing time late at night, it was mediocre at best. According to the new rating guidelines I'd give this 4/10. No offense, but it just didn't seem like it was very well thought through.

Edited by Baxter

The 2 sith teamed up with cad bane, some random guy, the hunter droid, then you spammed a ton of droids, and the base ops said you said it was pretty much over and to not let people leave base to support the two troopers we had left out there as you continued to spawn droids. +3. I had to do some convincing to get the base ops to let people leave base.

3 minutes ago, Narvisius said:

The 2 sith teamed up with cad bane, some random guy, the hunter droid, then you spammed a ton of droids, and the base ops said you said it was pretty much over and to not let people leave base to support the two troopers we had left out there as you continued to spawn droids. +3. I had to do some convincing to get the base ops to let people leave base.

The base ops was not part of the event. I attempted to notify them to let the gates open so that people could reinforce. There was also quite a lot of failRP that was ruining the event such as the multiple CT's using outrageous amounts of money. Thank you for the feedback though, I will try to work on it some more :D

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

2 minutes ago, Poe said:

The base ops was not part of the event. I attempted to notify them to let the gates open so that people could reinforce. There was also quite a lot of failRP that was ruining the event such as the multiple CT's using outrageous amounts of money. Thank you for the feedback though, I will try to work on it some more :D

all cool man, the idea itself was good just kinda fell apart at the end

7 minutes ago, Baxter said:

The Good

• Killed some time late at night I guess

The Bad

• Auction events are kinda meh
  • CT Bane would have immediately drawn mass attention to himself with that massive amount of credits he wanted to buy that droid for. Ordo and I didn't want to ruin the event, but it would have be totally within reason to detain that trooper for questioning.
  • The event jobs kinda just flew around a lot which makes them hard to hit. I won't really complain about their HP since they got plot armor and what not but, yeah
  • I had droids spawned on me at least once which is really annoying

Rating

Other than killing time late at night, it was mediocre at best. According to the new rating guidelines I'd give this 4/10. No offense, but it just didn't seem like it was very well thought through.

I had issues with some of the event jobs following my direction in addition to multiple CT's attempting to bid outrageous amounts of money. Forcing Bane to act on his feet. I attempted to leave some of the event up to player choice. after leaving the base bane was to meet up with his bounty hunter companions and escape (at alpha). Where they had a republic trooper held hostage if they were followed, ultimately promoting more passive RP. This caused issues when other clones just ran in shooting, causing the event to go a bit chaotic, therefore spawning the droids in an attempt for reinforcements to aid their escape. It was pretty chaotic which was unexpected but I appreciate the feedback, it only helps me get better :D

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2