Add in the CR-20 Troop carrier

Alexz

Name: 104th Alexz

Suggestion: Add in a smaller, lighter, faster transport. Something to use when we don't need an entire LAAT.

Reason: Look gunships are great and they are also great for lore, but they are also massive and sometimes aids trying to get out of areas that are smaller in room and tend to be harder to land. It may fit smaller amounts of people(10+pilots)  than the LAAT by a little bit, but they cause less lag when I've used it on other servers and are more compact so we can have more running at a time. They can also be used for stealth-esque missions and missions where we have less people and don't need an entire LAAT. It also provides people who want to be pilots a great opportunity to learn to fly by flying a smaller ship to start off with and it is support by the vehicle base we use now since its made by the same owners. Finally to answer people saying "this was used in episode 7 and isn't direct lore." While this ship was made for episode 7, it has been used before in clone wars as different models. The ship I provided in the lore section was used in the clone wars and is close to what I suggested since the real model hasn't been made yet. Finally it is easy to adapt the lore and  it is also very easy to fly. The ship I feel will offer more positives than negatives and could provide great rp. Don't get me wrong I still want to use the LAATs but this could be used a sub alternative if the LAAT isn't needed at that time.

Implementation: Add in the CR-20 assault lander as a ship so pilots can use this instead of the LAAT all the time.  

Lore: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CR-20_troop_carrier/Legends

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635597747&searchtext=Star+Wars%3A+Atmospheric+Assault+Lander

End NOTE: I tested this vs the LAAT and I had significantly higher FPS and performance while flying this instead of the LAAT 

INSERT synergy Normandy memes

Edited by BigBurner

For this I am going to have to -1 this idea and the reasons are as such:

• The model you have linked is to the Atmospheric Assault Lander which held nearly half the amount of troops alongside they were not designed [In canon and legends] until the time of the First Order.
  • We already have a troop transport and yes it may lower FPS however the model you are suggesting carries less meaning it takes longer to deploy people or we deploy more which then ultimately causes the lag and FPS drops to occur. I would rather have one LAAT that can take 35 [Say] then 2 of the Atmospheric Assualt landers as this will mostly cause the same lag and FPS issues.
  • The server requires more Civilian and CIS ships/models more then anything else in effect not more Republic ships, now yes you could say that this might add more roleplay to the server but not enough to warrant it to be picked over the LAAT especially given that the LAAT can take more people and is more recognised by the people joining the server.
  • Agree 1