Black - Suggestion for giving Grenades for certain classes

BlackiSblack

Name: WolfpackL Commander Comet/Black

Suggestion: Giving ARC troopers, Combat troopers, and Elite troopers grenades! Giving these classes specific weapon which enables them to clear out rooms and hallways of droids. It makes sense for Combat troopers since they are close quarter based and they can use the grenades to flush out droids. Elite troopers are all around good same with ARC and give them away as well to clear our rooms with grenades.

Implementation: Equipping Half Life 2 Grenades to these classes 

Lore: They were almost used in every huge battle in the clone wars even seen used by Commander Cody and Captain Rex when holding Kamino. ARC Trooper Fives as well used them once to destroy a squad of droids. 

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development") Half life 2 gaben

-1 for the half life Grenades,  half life grenades will break immersion. +1 for the grenade concept though, I suggest using one of these Star Wars grenade packs instead: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1113487483.   http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934389478, I would say that grenades should only be used on the event server and never on the venator unless for event jobs.

Edited by Banjans

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I’m gonna stay neutral on this. While this would be a good thing for troops to have, it can easily lead to some problems when easy to get classes get access to explosive weapons. Also, how would this effect the server?(lag wise) answers to this would change my opinion

Well some classes already have a Rocket launchers which is not any better.

Edited by Banjans

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

I agree, but most battalions require a special training for ARF while things like combat trooper can be obtained at private within an hour of joining the server

Yes but they can do specific training it for it they dont have to have it at the rank PVT for them to get it 

• Retired Founder

ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴀ ᴛᴏɴ ᴏғ ɪssᴜᴇs ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄʜᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs.
ɪ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴄʟᴀssᴇs ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ. ɪғ ɪ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴀʀᴄ, ᴀʟʟ ʀᴀɴᴄᴏʀ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ɪᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀᴡғᴜʟ. ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴅᴇᴀ ɴᴇᴇᴅs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʀᴇғɪɴᴇᴅ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ.

• Retired Founder

ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴄᴇɪᴠᴇᴅ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢs ᴛᴏ ʀᴇғɪɴᴇ ᴛʜɪs ɪᴅᴇᴀ. ɪ ᴀᴍ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴀssᴜᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴀs ɢɪᴠᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴ.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.