New LFS vehicles

Kali

Name: Kali

RP Rank: SPC

Suggestion: I recommend to update certain vehicles in the server such as the ARC-170 and LAAT. These updated versions will improve players experiences and lead to more positive engagement within the server. This is because these newer versions of the ARC-170 and the LAAT have so many more play features and amazing attributes that appeal to players such as myself, and they do not add to server lag! There is no reason to deny this as this idea as I believe it will benefit the players of your community.

Implementation: Updated versions of vehicles for clone pilots

Lore: LAAT - Low Altitude Assault Transport used to transport GAR Forces in and out of battlefields, also used for CAS.

ARC-170 - A fighter favoured by pilots in the GAR for its impressive defensive capabilities, used for dogfighting and can provide CAS

Workshop content if applicable: 

LAAT:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2588369575&searchtext=LAAT

An added feature for the LAAT is that you may also download extra skins from the workshop such as this skin Coruscant Guard here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1513227065&searchtext=LAAT

ARC-170: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1923148152&searchtext=ARC-170

T

Edited by Kali
**Updated to follow format**
  • Winner 1
  • 1 month later...

PHAT +1

I played around with these in sandbox and they're honestly great. Only downsides I'm noticing are nit-picks and personal to me, like the LAAT cockpit interiors being much lower resolution, which is funny because of the ARC-170's being better than the current 170's. 

The LAAT flies practically the same, if not maybe better. They also have 6000 HP versus the current 4000, so they're a little beefier (which I think is fine). They have engine effects at their rear boosters, better external textures, and far more skins, even including a separate Muunilinst 10 LAAT from the 2003-5 CN Star Wars show, which was used by Alpha ARCs and could be a great roleplay opportunity for Rancor. They also have just some pretty neat skins in general, even including functional spotlight body groupers for possible night deployments, and Space LAATs for the occasional Venator Vacation. Some other bonuses are cooldowns / limits to how long the laser cannons last, so they can't be infinitely fired and thus handles the problem of people abusing them. Unfortunately, they are missing a LAAT/c, but I don't necessarily think these need to replace the current pack, nor could they in full, but they are the two most piloted ships by clones.

A lot can be said about the ARC-170 as well, which flies far smoother than the current 170's, y'know where they kinda jerk around? The interior and exterior looks really good, and they sound good too. It improves the experience of flying a fighter so much in my opinion, which currently is just blown outta the water by the vulture droids which have really really good mobility and controls.

You can see a lot of the features posted on the workshops description as well for the things that I missed, since I've only played around with them for a short while.

As someone who is really passionate about flying on the server, I think these are great, and would be great to give some quality-of-life to the Pilots of Synergy, so I really hope this can be considered and maybe even implemented.

Edited by Tripoli
Clarification

signature_alt.png
𝓞𝓾𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓡𝓲𝓶 𝓒𝓻𝓾𝓲𝓼𝓮𝓻 𝟝𝟘𝟝𝟚 🢩

• 1 month later...
Systems Dev

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

Xaze Achievements 

Spoiler

Xaze's Secretary

Xaze's Girlfriend 

Xaze's Wife