Remember to change passwords!

Greetings,

I came across this notification:
spacer.png

As a friendly reminder, at the very least, it is good security practice to change your passwords ever-so often. I'd also recommend you don't use the same password across different accounts - especially if your synergyroleplay account has the same password as something important - like your main email, amazon account, bank info, etc. Do that (while making a strong password), you'll be doing a lot to help secure your account.

Edited by Jagger
Words

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

• Retired Founder

I am relatively confident nothing was breached on our end of things. I am closing this to avoid unnecessary ramblings.

The email account I've registered with on these forums has not been breached in any recent data leaks.

The password I use for this website has not been breached in any recent data leaks.

The last person to access our web back-end (where the actual DB is stored) was @Square which I've verified by IP Address.

There is nothing suspicious in our logs. I will keep an eye on things for the next week or two just for verification.

The advice given is sound, you should not re-use your passwords across multiple websites, including our forums or steam. Use a secure password generator.

Lastly, saving passwords in Chrome or any Web browser is not secure, use a proper password manager.

• Winner 2

z5dGuiK.gif

• Founder
Founder

Sorry m8 I fat fingered the hack player button and stole all of your passwords. I can give them back for a small loan of $1,000,000

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1