Fenrir- Frozen Spoils

Fenrir

Name: Fenrir

Who helped (If applicable): Qal, Claw

Event Name: Frozen Spoils

Description: Maul has sent the Shadow Collective to Ilum to grab some relic of the past but unfortunately the way was sealed to them. Materials needed were being smelted on Mustafar. When Republic intelligence intercepted transmissions with known SC encryption they requested Felucia base to investigate the point of origin, Ilum. On Ilum they found SC forces and an ancient Sith Temple. The Temple's access key has been lost to time itself and the only means of getting through is via the bomb being crafted on Mustafar. The Republic sent forces to retrieve it and bring it to the Temple. Upon accessing the Temple the Jedi found a tablet which upon interaction released the spirit of the Temple. The Spirit was required a show of power before he released his Master's Holocron that he was his charge. The Jedi returned to their Tython Temple with the Holocron and Maul will not have it. For now.

KrMCdFv.png

8/10

It was excellent for what it was trying to do. Game Master responses were snappy and beneficial. I liked that there was actually objectives to accomplish. The Commander probably could've handled the hostage situation with Nate better though. Instead he just kind of killed him because the Republic continued to blast the NPCs. Could've given a bit more substance to the event, but I can also understand that it may have dragged it out a bit.

T-21's, however, will almost always be a point lost to me. IMO they should always be at least spaced out, and the majority of NPCs should use weapons that are functionally identical to how the E-5 works with their AI. It just melts troopers when all NPCs use them and makes it not fun. Admittedly I didn't get to witness this since I was sneaking around a majority of the time but it's always very annoying for main forces.

This next one is a minor nitpick, but can GMs just collectively agree that the holocron macguffiin is getting old? Pretty much all Jedi objectives are centered around holocrons and this has always bugged me because I'm a piece of shit who thinks everything should go his way. Holocrons aren't magical artifacts, they're sophisticated data storage devices and sometimes aren't even used by Force wielders. Next time, can we at least have a unique artifact?

But... yeah. Honestly I don't really have many major complaints. Well-fuckin-done.

Edited by Ratio
  • Agree 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC