Punda's Snow Assault

Panda

Name: Punda

Event Name: Snow Assault

Summary of the story: 501st, 41st, 212th, and SC were sent to a snow planet to rid the planet of the CIS at their base of operations, and also to extract data. Once they got the data they had to make it back to the LAAT and evac

What was the result of the event?: The Republic escaped with the data

Was this more of a role play oriented or shoot em up oriented event: shoot em up

Sorry to any battalions that didn't go, I already have your names written down and next event I do that is similar to this, I will send you guys. If I sent anymore battalions the server would have crashed, it was cramped and laggy enough with only 3 battalions (SC only had about 3 ppl sorry SC)

• Agree 2
20 minutes ago, Kyle Vanhorn said:

-1. There were a lot of people who were not allowed. If you are going to make an event and take up time to where a Game Maker can make an event for the whole server then think about the post and comments you will get.

Nowhere does it say in the Game Maker rules that you have to include all battalions in events. If the Game Maker wants to make events where only specific battalions can go, they have every right to do that. If every battalion had gone to that event it would have almost definitely crashed the server, because it was struggling for life as is. Punda has done plenty of events that only include certain battalions (or Jedi only) before, and they have all worked out to be some of the best events on the server, because it opens up the possibility for more intricate and advanced dupes that increase immersion, rather than the typical Venator 'shoot em up'. 

Edited by Baxter
rephrasing and rewording
2 minutes ago, Kyle Vanhorn said:

-1. There were a lot of people who were not allowed. If you are going to make an event and take up time to where a Game Maker can make an event for the whole server then think about the post and comments you will get.

I don't think you realize how much the server would have lagged, maybe even crashed, if I sent the entire server. The dupe I had made was specific for around 3 battalions, any more and people wouldn't have even been able to mode, I made the dupe that way to limit the amount of lag as much as possible. I'm not trying to be mean but if this is about me telling NULL you guys aren't allowed, that was a miscommunication. I had told Joe SPECIFICALLY 501st, 41st, 212th, and SC, no one else. I guess Joe just thought you guys would be fine, but that's not what I wanted. I also didn't include RC either, RC and NULL get tons of action on the ship (IR, Negotiations, being able to roam anywhere they please, etc). So I figured you guys would be fine with me not including NULL in 1 event, but I guess not.

• Agree 2

Solution: 1)Have attack battalions attack the base, 2)have defense battalions defend the base, 3)have specialized battalions, NULL, and RC assassinate/hunt/capture/etc a high priority target. 

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x

7 hours ago, Zyner said:

Simple solution to not letting everyone in the event would have been to just re-do the whole thing for the next set of Battalions.

THats what I was planning to do, letting the battalions that didn’t go go today when I redo- the event