CIS-Kidnappers

Soccer

Name: Soccer

Who helped (If applicable): Turtle,slak,carnage,sparks,kilo, sleeper

Event Name: CIS-Kidnappers

Summary of the story:so basicly the cis send some commando droids in CT armor who sneek into the base and kid nap a BO and a Trooper while the out posts are being attacked, the droids fly a laat into a cis frigate/mulifacent and hyperspace away.

What was the result of the event? We sent the commandos into the base dressed as CT’s to kidnap 2 BO they took one of the BO to granit to hold hostage there with droids guarding him. Grievous was sent in to help distract the troopers away from the BO so the BO can be kidnapped the BO eventually got kidnaped the commando droids that were left started killing the other troopers after they got away with the BO.

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: shoot em up but little role play oriented.

• Friendly 1
  • Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)

OH SHIT

• Current:
  • CG Commander
  • CG Regimental Lead
  • Diplomatic Service Lead Stone
  • Naval Petty Officer 
  • Naval Zak
  • Jedi Master
  • Admin
  • Former:
  • 187th COL (Former)
  • 187th PLTL (Former)
  • 187th WO (Former)
  • 501st PLTL hawk (Former)
  • 501st COL (Former)
  • TRO (Former)
  • Game Master  (Former)
  • Senior Admin (Former)
  • GC Reed (Former)
  • CT (Former)
  • Temple Guard Lead (Former)
  • Serra Keto (Former)

8/10 "Private Fuse" here... So I definitely noticed some "metagaming" in this one. As one of the Commando droids it was difficult to get around the base, whether it was miscommunication or something else, I found it very difficult to maneuver around in order to move the plot forward. At any given time I was being followed by no less than 4-5 troopers and even some Jedi at one point. I think thing that we forget is, these events are designed for our enjoyment, being the whole server. Would it really be fun if the commando droids were caught straight at the gate and disposed of? Probably not. As a previous Game Master, and current "full time" event job person (or whatever, I like to be event jobs) I try to focus most of my time in events doing RP. While "shoot em ups" are enjoyable, I feel like those are reserved more for NPC only events. If I'm going to take the time to bring in event jobs, RP should definitely be a major part. 

Yes, I am that Sparks.
Former 104th Commander Wolfee | Former ST Commander Fox | Former Jedi General Sparks | Former Anakin Skywalker | Former/Original Sentinel Leader

"We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson