"Server Staff" Forum Rank suggestion

Carvis

Name: Carvis

Suggestion: This is multiple things that I believe should be implemented with the "Server Staff" rank on the forums.

1. Allow Head Admins to assign Server Staff

2. Only allow Server Staff for Admin+

3. Change our Shit brown color to something fancy... Not asking for one of those glowy effects, but some cool color would allow recognition for people who have achieved the rank of Admin+

Why should we implement this?: It would allow better organization of the "Server Staff" forum rank by allowing HAs to give/revoke this rank and also give a special feeling to people that have worked for their position.

How will this improve the Forums?: It will let people know who is staff when they are either doing something negative or positive on the forums.

EDIT: Also, the thing for color change was put in accepted so I'm not sure if it was forgotten about or something but just wanted to bring it back

Edited by Carvis
  • Retired Founder

I'll try to respond to these individually -

1. This won't happen as it would require allowing Head Admins to access the Forum ACP; currently this access is heavily restricted to Founders & Chambers due to his role as HoA and veteran status in high-staff (as such he is trusted with this access by the Founders). The Founders and Chambers do very little within the ACP, mostly just assigning permissions/tags and editing forum sections as needed. Anything else is fully handled by myself internally due to security reason(s). Joah & Myself have agreed no one should have access to our entire member list which includes email address, registered devices, IP addresses, location, and more security information which is stored for charge back purposes, etc. The only people who have access to this information is the Founders and it's purely due to (a) Security and (b) Trust.
  2.  I'm not sure how Chambers wants to manage the "Server Staff" group moving forward. It has been annoying to manage in the past with all staff ranks, so moving it to something like Admin+ would actually make sense to me; but that is up to Chambers and the Management Team @Lighig@Dragon@Carter as this will include SCP Staff ranks in the near future
  3. I'll look into additional colors now that I've revised our current ones - this should go live sometime today.

Leaving open for additional feedback

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2

z5dGuiK.gif