TFA Lua Errors

xAdept

Bug Type (Server:): Maybe server or client sided. Not sure.

Severity level (1-3): 1

Evidence (if you can): N/A

Description of the bug: Been getting this dumb lua error in console that spams every time I shoot a bullet. As a part of this, I cannot see my own bullet tracing but I can see everyone else's. Here's what console tells me:

[ERROR] addons/weapon_tfa_redux/lua/weapons/tfa_gun_base/sh_bullet.lua:37: attempt to call method 'ShouldUse' (a nil value)
  1. BallisticFirebullet - addons/weapon_tfa_redux/lua/weapons/tfa_gun_base/sh_bullet.lua:37
   2. ShootBullet - addons/weapon_tfa_redux/lua/weapons/tfa_gun_base/sh_bullet.lua:202
    3. ShootBulletInformation - addons/weapon_tfa_redux/lua/weapons/tfa_gun_base/sh_bullet.lua:80
     4. unknown - addons/weapon_tfa_redux/lua/weapons/tfa_gun_base/shared.lua:1446

How can we recreate it: Not sure if you can unless anyone else has the same problem.

Extra info: The things I've tried are reinstalling/deleting any old files of Gmod to ensure nothing was corrupt, downloading the content pack including TFA Redux, verified game cache 5+ times, I changed the beta I played Gmod from 64-bit to 32-bit, and changing the client side ballistic options in Q menu. None of these worked and it's starting to piss me off. Many people told me that they have problems with seeing others but not their own and some don't have any problems at all. This has to be a server issue because I've joined this server in the past before TFA was added and never had console errors.

Edited by xAdept
  • 1 year later...