About Striping Weapons and Comms

/me strips weapons and comms  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recently I realized that some people say that the stripper(s) has to roll 51+ in order to successfully strip weapons and comms (in which case the prisoner doesn't get to roll at all) while other people would say that both stripper(s) and prisoner roll to see who gets the highest roll (if the prisoner rolls the highest, he/she breaks free, etc).

Which is the proper way of stripping weapons and comms?

We truly need a handcuff addon and more importantly a way to get rid of the /me system. I understand doing the "/me does a thing" for actions you cant perform because gmod just doesnt have the capability, but restraining someone needs to be more than just a something you type in chat(especially since it is something that can be done with existing addons). It needs to be clear to both the person who is stripped of their weapons and cuffed as well as the people around them, that this person is contained and no longer a threat.This way you wont have trigger happy clones or jedi attacking a cuffed individual because they didnt know that person was cuffed, and, more importantly, the cuffed person wont suddenly "free themselves", magically regain their weapons, and go on another killing spree. The less /me stuff we need to do the better because the current /me options are just not manageable or realistic. Instead of /roll deciding if an engine is operable, let the engineers have a way to actually repair the engine and find a way to make the engine take actual damage. That is how you boost role play and make people feel more immersed. This isnt DnD; with a video game like gmod on our side we dont have to rely on verbal or written statements to perform actions for everything. The only interactive things people are capable of currently are medics healing and engineers using their repair tools to fix vehicles(rarely ever happens). Everyone else either shoots, talks, or rps through chat. Make it so people can interact with the word rather than wait around and hope the world interacts with them. Sorry for the rant this was just going to be a small thing about handcuffs but it kinda got outta hand... pun intended. 

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, Evan said:

We truly need a handcuff addon and more importantly a way to get rid of the /me system. I understand doing the "/me does a thing" for actions you cant perform because gmod just doesnt have the capability, but restraining someone needs to be more than just a something you type in chat(especially since it is something that can be done with existing addons). It needs to be clear to both the person who is stripped of their weapons and cuffed as well as the people around them, that this person is contained and no longer a threat.This way you wont have trigger happy clones or jedi attacking a cuffed individual because they didnt know that person was cuffed, and, more importantly, the cuffed person wont suddenly "free themselves", magically regain their weapons, and go on another killing spree. The less /me stuff we need to do the better because the current /me options are just not manageable or realistic. Instead of /roll deciding if an engine is operable, let the engineers have a way to actually repair the engine and find a way to make the engine take actual damage. That is how you boost role play and make people feel more immersed. This isnt DnD; with a video game like gmod on our side we dont have to rely on verbal or written statements to perform actions for everything. The only interactive things people are capable of currently are medics healing and engineers using their repair tools to fix vehicles(rarely ever happens). Everyone else either shoots, talks, or rps through chat. Make it so people can interact with the word rather than wait around and hope the world interacts with them. Sorry for the rant this was just going to be a small thing about handcuffs but it kinda got outta hand... pun intended. 

No -_-, it would be abused so much, And the best way to do it, is higher winds BUT it must be 50+

16 minutes ago, Beb said:

No -_-, it would be abused so much, And the best way to do it, is higher winds BUT it must be 50+

You cant ruin immersion if you dont have any immersion to begin with. Making the argument that people would abuse it is like saying I could die from a car crash so I shouldn't ride in a car. Just dont give it to people who would abuse it! Make it so battalion commanders and high ranking Jedi only are allowed to use them but to outright deny stuff because people will minge with it is just going to hold the server back.

Tell you what, lets remove all guns from the server because people abuse them so much, or better yet, lets remove all people from the server because people minge and God help us if a person minges! The server would have to be shut down to protect everyone's delicate immersion!

You cant protect immersion by taking everything that could potentially be abused away. Trust the community to do the right thing and punish those who break that trust.

This message was brought to you by our sponser: Barriss Offee, bombing temples since 19BBY

Edited by Evan
  • Agree 1

im gonna say this and what is told through training if you are doing a player interaction /me BOTH parties have to roll... if it is a action of player picking something up or moving something etc... only you need to roll unless there is a person there to help because you failed the roll and that person is there to help you complete that action and it is not 51+ it is 50+ that 1 number can really fuck you over