Qal's CIS Firebase

Qal

These are required for all events.

You may log any fellow Game Master in your "Who Helped" section, including but not limited to ideas, spawning NPCs & even being an event job.

You must name the thread "(Your name)'s - (Event Name)"

If you used an idea from the  event idea section, please credit the original creator in the AAR

Event Idea by: 
Link to the original idea:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Attack Regimental Commander Qal | 4thGM SGT Romanov

Who helped (If applicable): Koala, Thegan, Ben

Event Name: CIS Firebase

Summary of the story: The CIS sent a few Battalions of Droids to Endor. They are heavily aware of the Republics Presence, and tryed to fix it. The CIS Set up a firebase North of Bravo Outpost with a Comms Jamming Devise. There the CIS Jamed Comms, fired Mortor Rounds at the Republic, and Attack the Base.

What was the result of the event?: Republic Disabled the Jamer, and wiped out the CIS Firebase.

Was this more of a role play oriented or "shoot em up" oriented event: Both, More Shootemup.

13 minutes ago, Mas Amedda said:

1/10 and here's why, I was in a channel with people constantly complaining about how they kept getting spawned on. They also, complained that there was no Player Choice during this event and I even witnessed it. With my own eyes.

Could you explain more on "No Player Choice"

@Anders0n

I will admint it was a little Rushed. As i spawned in the dupe and TPed the EJs, RANCOR was already ontop of us... If There were not People Breaking NLR, Then There would have been more of an Attack on the Base.  BUT I will amit I hated the way the event tured out. I had a Comms RP set up for the begining, but again ^.

BUT a Little PSA. When you are doing something that can Impact the Event. (Tech, ENG, EOD...) Make a ticket. just like if your looking through a crait with a /me Looks for explosives /roll 100. There might NOT be Explosives but calling explosves ruins the event.

Edited by Qal
Adding On
1 minute ago, Shade said:

5/10 It was enjoyable towards the beginning, I did not enjoy getting spawned on at bravo for 5 minutes before we were able to get out, and the droid spawns felt super excessive

I'm really really sorry about that. The plan was to heavily siege bravo, but the droids refused to target anyone inside, so I just ended up endlessly spawning a target range.

For the little that I was part of the event it was ok. I was a little annoyed that the RP I did to remove the comms jammer was shut down because it wasn't actually inside the base. When the comms are jammed or down the first place I usually go is to the communications tower and inspect the terminal there for any sort of shortages or whatnot, and if that doesn't work I usually suspect the use of a jammer, then look around every nook and cranny of the console. Again, not a huge deal just kind of annoying. Also, with comms being down I saw people having a hard time trying to get any PTL, but that's not your fault really. I'd give it a 6/10. Not the greatest event, but pretty much any event is better than no event at all.

Edited by Baxter
1 minute ago, Scribbles said:

It was an interesting concept, however the spawning was kind of atrocious and the event seemed a bit short, I didn't want to break NLR by coming back. 
The event jobs were kinda....odd. In a sense. 
5/10. 

I agree the concept was great. The plan was to try to get off some more volleys before the camp was attacked, but the moment the dupe was spawned, some troopers ran up. As a result, I had spawned more droids, some on top of people, I admit, to hold off the attack.

was a shoot em up then like 5/10 cuz it was a good shootem up. 

didnt really feel any RP but losing comms was kinda nice didnt have the most clarity on how it happened but hey you can only do so much. Spawning at times was bad but other than that it was good 

1/10

Don't take this personally however, there were multiple issues with that event unfortunately:

1.) Fixer Roleplayed finding a Jamming device in the base's communication sector in BCC. It wasn't identified in any advert that the Jamming device was its own separate object in a CIS FOB. For all the Players knew, a Commando droid good have infiltrated the base unknowingly to the Clones and placed a Jamming device on our comms terminal. However, Fixer was told he couldn't find the Jamming device that he found in RP. (Player choice btw)

2.) While the FOB was enjoyable, it was crowded by droids which is understandable. However, it got to the point where one Event Job was either killing people in one or two hits from their rifle. With the ammount of NPCs and the OP sniper we couldn't push up to the base to disable the jamming device. 

2a.) It was raised to, at least, my attention that some players had droids spawned right on top of them. This would've been fine if there was a drop pod in sight, but there wasn't. This lead to a lot of frustration. Which is also another reason we couldn't push to the FOB. Please avoid from doing this in the future.

3.) Because of the new NLR rule and with comms being jammed, whenever a trooper died they couldn't actually leave the base to be apart of the event. This wouldn't have been an issue if some attention was brought to the base itself. Making it less boring for those who did die during the push to the FOB. Once a player died they were kind of stuck in the Base unable to do anything.

4.) There was hardly any RP involved with the event. 

5.) It was very short. It felt like a quick event to meet your quota.

Again, please don't take this personally. This is just some constructive criticism to help you improve your events. Much love. 

Edited by Anders0n