Hazard - 212th BCMD Cody Application

FlameHazard

Steam Name: Flame Hazard

RP Name: Commander Oddball

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:102512887

Battalion or squad you are applying for: 212th Attack Battalion

Experience:

Officer: Back when I first became an officer of the Battalion, there were no officers, of course we had officers but it was very rare they would get on to do basic responsibilities of being an officer such as doing promotions, but me and a few select others during the time spearheaded the way for future troopers to join and view us as role models that will set examples for the newer generations and hopefully make them into qualified officer candidates.

Regimental Leader Commander- After months of gaining experience and improving myself in the Battalion, I had been appointed to the role of REGL CMD. When I first took on this role, the Regiments within the Battalion, let's say were not in good shape in terms of, there was no structure inside of most of the Regiments nor any sort of communication between the Overseers and the Leaders of these Regiments, my first task was to appoint mature, responsible, people that had good work ethic, dedicated troopers to these positions. I felt that it was crucial that people were chosen for these positions who could gain valuable leadership experience, what I mean by that is that people who have had limited amount of experience in leading, could gain experience because everyone has to start somewhere. After appointing people into these positions, I sought to build a physical connection with the Overseers and the Leaders to make sure these Regiments could self sustain and run independently without much intervention of the REGL CMD. The next task was to build the structure up for the Regiments, some of the Regiment leads and Overseers did well on their own with little to no REGL intervention while some Regiments however, was not the same case, as the REGL, I was tasked of building the structure of these Regiments from the ground up such as necessary documents, trainings, etc. I felt as if my tasks were finished up to my fullest ability after around I reached nearly 4 months in the REGL position.

XO - The Executive Officer position was offered to me while I was around 3 - 3 ½ months in the position of REGL CMD, but I denied the offer as I felt I wasn’t finished my work for REGL. The XO position was then given to someone else but soon after, the XO (Nade) resigned. After a couple of weeks, I decided to accept the offer of XO due to the severe encouragement of other troopers in the Battalion, the fact that it would open up a CMD spot for another person down the road, and the fact that I was pretty much finished with my work for the Regiments anyway and I would still be able to work on the Regiments if need be as XO. After a couple weeks of me being in the XO position, my activity and overall involvement within the Battalion decreased due to in real life reasons as well as the fact that I was generally burnt out of the server itself. This resulted in my demotion to CMD but it was completely avoidable if I had put in an LOA/ROA but what has happened, has happened. I decided to refer back to the things I used to say to my troopers who were in the same situation I am in now and that is, “You have 2 paths now, you either 1, give up or 2, get back up there and prove to others. I decided to take numero dos and the next week, I had got on from at least 9 am in the mornings to 2 am the next morning for the majority of the week just being involved with my Battalion, of course that routine wasn’t healthy and I had reduced my playtime. I decided if I got beaned and what not in the staff team the first time I joined but came back with determination and experience and got HA the second, I can bounce back for the Battalion. (Fun fact, I never wanted to be a CMD or any high sort of ranking position at all, I never wanted to have responsibilities, I wanted to enjoy and meet cool people on the internet, I made this promise to myself as the game I played before GMOD really pushed me away from enjoying a game I had so much fun in because of me holding staff positions and such)

New Admin - Head Admin: When I first joined the staff team, I had the intention of becoming a SA and GM to benefit the server but specifically the Battalion at the time because we had only 1 or 2 people that were staff in the Battalion so I promised myself I would host sims and events for the server and Battalion to enjoy overall. I reached my goal but after a month or 2, I had a few beans here and there and felt that I just wasn’t ready for staff, I resigned. After a couple months I believe, I decided to join the staff team again and am currently holding the HA position.

Intel documentation team Lead- Part of intel team and am in charge of all documents whether it needs to updated or something needs to be changed, or added.

Senior Officer Leadership Camp Instructor - A program to ready up our Junior Officers to one day hold a position as a Senior Officer. The program was phased out for reconstructing.

Lead of 212th squads- You could think of 212th squads as regiments that aimed at NCO’s being able to be the leader of these Regiments, there were also OVS positions as well. During this time, I was the REGL CMD so the squads fell under my charge as well. The program died after some time.

Trainer to Trainer Manager - After some time of being a TR, I decided I wanted a change and wanted to main the TR branch as staff this time, I tried out a couple times for TRO and got in, after some time, earned TRM.

Game Master to Game Master Officer - Like I said, I had been a GM before and after I got TRM, I decided I wanted to do more and work in the GM Program again, shortly after, I received GMO.

PLT-Oddball - When I first joined the 212th Wings Program, I was technically forced too by the man himself, Skeeti as the Oddball position was open for a decent amount of time, he wanted someone to have some sort of competition for who gets Oddball, of course it was a no brainer that he got it as he was more dedicated and what not at the time. When Skeeti resigned, I was a PLTO at the time I believe, after months, around February,  I had been appointed the position of Oddball and I decided, I really wanted to get the Wings Program up to a independent, self-sustaining program that could run itself essentially, I worked days and nights adding stuff here and there, making documents, trainings etc, doing research. Fast forward some months, I have PLTTs, PLTO, etc, the program can run independently with little to no intervention. The process of someone trying to get their wings certification in the 212th is one that has a lot of steps but it was made like that on purpose to make sure the pilots are taught the knowledge and tested one on one.

2ndAC to 2ndACO (Parjai Squad) - Essentially joined 2ndAC from the day I joined 212th up until now.

ARF-ARFT - That’s one of the reasons why I joined 212th at first, that cool ass looking ARF camo model at the time. I joined 2ndAC, left for ARF and came back to 2ndAC as ARF was dead.

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: I’ve been in my CMD positions for in total almost half the time I’ve been in the Battalion and I’ve talked with Former Cody’s before and they say even though it may not seem like a big jump from CMD to BCMD, it is, and right now, I want to experience something different before I move on to the next chapter from the Battalion. Coming up on 11 months with-in this Battalion I have learned alot from every situation, problem, and person. I value experience and am sure that many others do too, but with experience, you need to earn the respect of the troopers within the Battalion, to earn this respect, you need to have the leadership, communication, bonds with the troopers, and you need to back that all up with activity of course. Now of course, all of these attributes didn't come so easy, you needed to earn it step by step, day by day. I have been through 3 generations of Cody and this was done on purpose on my part as every person that stepped into office had their strengths as well as their weaknesses of course, through these experiences and knowledge, I look to become the next Battalion Commander that not necessarily wants to have all the strengths as that would be near impossible, but a Battalion Commander that could look at weaknesses and look to improve on them, learn from them, and apply them. As I have mentioned, I value bonds and like to be close with every individual trooper, I have had this value ever since I joined this Battalion and it is the reason why I stayed in the Battalion for this length of time because the people before me were so welcoming and made me and many others feel like family, it is what made me want to be so dedicated. I wish to make it a similar experience for the Battalion now and for the future to come. Recent problems that have been a problem for so long, for people coming into these officer+ positions is that their character needs refining and they just need to have a mentor on giving them tips and pointers before moving up. Long story short, I look to take everything I learned, take my values and beliefs, take my characteristics, and move up to share and teach. Maturity,dedication like to put myself in others perspectives, helps me understand and make a fair judgement. Higher ups in the Battalion need to work collaboratively or the Battalion will only fail. But as always with the Battalion, there will be new or old problems that always arise and since I'm, not a fortune teller, I couldn't predict when the problems will happen but I and many others will always know how to work together to fix the problem.

Do you understand the lore of your battalion or squad?: Short story, when I first came to know and play on Synergy Clone Wars Roleplay, I didn't recognize a single Battalion except 501st as that was the only Battalion I remembered from watching from Clone Wars. Anyway, through my nearly 11 months of being in this Battalion, (excluding the 5 minutes I went to Shadow Company as it was called then) I not only learned all the small and big details about the 212th, but Star Wars lore in general.

Availability: If nothing comes up in real life, I can get on everyday, with school coming up, early afternoons to nights.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: As of 8/22/2018, coming up on 11 months.

Do you have a microphone?: That is affirmative.

Where do you want your battalion or squad to be at the end of your term?: A Battalion that everyone can rely on each other on, a welcoming, non-toxic atmosphere, a self-sustaining Battalion, actual role models, having confidence in the upper command to know when to be serious, disciplined and having an over refined character for teaching/enforcing the newer generations on how to do so as well, a Battalion that is enjoyable to the masses. A Battalion where communication is effective and overall people are approachable. A Battalion where everyone is treated with dignity and respect no matter what the rank. Enforcing these sorts of characteristic principles is in my opinion very valuable. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Of course, it is essential for a BCMD, especially a one of this caliber to be physically on the server, it will benefit the Battalion as a whole in terms of sheer physical numbers. (Real talk, who wouldn't want to see Cody in action?) But that being said I also believe that you should not only be active in-game but show that you're on and active with a purpose and especially work on the inner brain or workings of the Battalion as I learned from a past Cody.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?:  Yes.

(Good luck to everyone!}

-1 | Sorry but when you were Executive Officer, you were inactive. You didn't do anything behind the scenes and you disappeared for many weeks at a time. In addition, when you were XO at the least for the last few weeks of it, you didn't really care to acknowledge my existence as Obi-Wan Kenobi. Furthermore yes we worked on a project for the Discord but that was a 1-time thing. Speaking about the "inactivity" part ... You would speak in discord occasionally and the many other discords we are in but you would rarely come in-game. Recently, of course, you have become active again to pursue Commander Cody.

Most of the current changes like the Promotion Requirments, Combining these 212th Discords were implemented by Me with the approval of Commander Cody (Perri) To be frankly honest, when you were XO at first you had a good work ethic but when it came to the last few weeks of you being XO, you suffered MAJORLY. I had to do more than usual and more than any other Obi-Wan should have done. 

This is my professional and Obi-Wan opinion about you. Sorry but you're a really good person Hazard but I feel you're NOT ready for Cody whatsoever. Increase your work ethic, and not just in the Pilot Program, but everywhere else. That is what is lacking you.   Hope we are still friends?

Edited by Andrews53
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 2
Banned

-1, luv you hazard but andrews is spitting hard facts.

-1 what Andrews said is so true 

CG PVT BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

-1, Sorry Hazard but like you’re inactive on your clone and you mostly focus on your staffing duties in which i understand cause ya know. (Staff before RP) but when there isn’t any staffing problems around, you literally go AFK. Sorry lad but Perri deserves that 2nd term my dude. ❤️

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

5 minutes ago, Red_Panda said:

-1, Sorry Hazard but like you’re inactive on your clone and you mostly focus on your staffing duties in which i understand cause ya know. (Staff before RP) but when there isn’t any staffing problems around, you literally go AFK. Sorry lad but Perri deserves that 2nd term my dude. ❤️

43 minutes ago, BadDog said:

-1 what Andrews said is so true 

1 hour ago, Maymays said:

-1, luv you hazard but andrews is spitting hard facts.

2 hours ago, Andrews53 said:

-1 | Sorry but when you were Executive Officer, you were inactive. You didn't do anything behind the scenes and you disappeared for many weeks at a time. In addition, when you were XO at the least for the last few weeks of it, you didn't really care to acknowledge my existence as Obi-Wan Kenobi. Furthermore yes we worked on a project for the Discord but that was a 1-time thing. Speaking about the "inactivity" part ... You would speak in discord occasionally and the many other discords we are in but you would rarely come in-game. Recently, of course, you have become active again to pursue Commander Cody.

Most of the current changes like the Promotion Requirments, Combining these 212th Discords were implemented by Me with the approval of Commander Cody (Perri) To be frankly honest, when you were XO at first you had a good work ethic but when it came to the last few weeks of you being XO, you suffered MAJORLY. I had to do more than usual and more than any other Obi-Wan should have done. 

This is my professional and Obi-Wan opinion about you. Sorry but you're a really good person Hazard but I feel you're NOT ready for Cody whatsoever. Increase your work ethic, and not just in the Pilot Program, but everywhere else. That is what is lacking you.   Hope we are still friends?

Just keep in mind hazard has been here for like 10 months or something, and rejected the XO position when it came to him, yes recently he focuses on staff but he dosen't ignore his duties, When I was a Commander alongside him it was an absolute pleasure working with him and he never failed me when I was XO.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

Banned

Hazard's not only a great member of the battalion, but he also helps anyone who is in the need of it. Personality wise, he's a great judge of character, very friendly as well as helpful as mentioned before, and one of the main reasons why people stay in the battalion as long as they have. He has been inactive, true, but that doesn't really overshadow the fact that he has done more for the benefit of the battalion, comparatively to many if not all of 212th. His work alone as REGL is enough to leave most in awe. As the Documentation Team Leader, he kept almost every document up to date and aided the other branches of the Intel Team in various ways, he also implemented systems and incentives regarding the whole battalion. Not to mention that he's only done these things of great significance in a very short time. He also got his activity back on track. -1'ning his application by holding his latest inconveniences accountable and let them shroud all the work he has put into this battalion is not only unethical, but also unintelligent as the act of such simple-mindedness also lowers his chances of reaching the position he undoubtedly deserves. I believe that Hazard will make sure the battalion goes above and beyond if he should receive the position, therefore I give his detailed and more than adequate application a well deserved;
+1

• Agree 4

Ok, so before I go on I just want to say that I hope we remain friends and that this does not cause any unneeded drama between us. 

So to start off I just want to say that I used to think you were good for the job. That you would have been an amazing BCMD. But not anymore. 

Activity - Hazard used to be very active. An amazing person to work with and be around. But as soon as he joined the staff team this all changed. He immediately became inactive and focused 110% of his time on staff instead of the battalion. And this was during a time when we were struggling to get our numbers back up and the battalion needed a lot of help. But Hazard just continued to be inactive. During several times of him being Executive Officer he had just completely disappeared. Not a single LOA put in or letting a single person know. This happened atleast twice. The second time around you got removed. We become fed up with having to run the battalion by ourselves and you and another CMD being inactive. As so, Perri had finally decided to remove you.

Attitude - Your overall attitude towards certain people was pretty poor. More specifically Andrews/Obi-Wan Kenobi. He was working very hard to try and keep the battalion alive and help as much as he can. And I feel as if you resented him so much because he was equal to the rank of XO within the battalion. You have disrespected him so many times and gotten into big fights. Fights I have had to quell (despite him being the XO and me being CMD). And at the end of the day you never respected him. Andrew's works extremely hard to try and keep this battalion afloat and he deserves your respect.

His time as XO - I am going to keep this one short. He was the Executive Officer of this battalion. He was supposed to be Cody's right hand man. He was supposed to lead us. But instead he abandoned the battalion without saying a single thing to anyone when we needed an XO the most. This was back when our numbers were horrible and we had a lot of drama and things going around about the 212th. 

I can keep rambling on and on for days, but my vote will still be the same. -1

Current 212th ARCL GC Executive Officer Reed/Striker

Edited by Striker
Adding my title so people know who I am
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

I knew this was coming.

Now I'm just gonna say this.

I'm suprised you're a CMD. Once you went inactive as an XO you're lucky you only went down 1 rank to CMD. If that was me you would have been a COL straight up.

ANYWAY.

Now, this issue here is that you've only just really come back from the inactivity stride, your own Obi - Wan Kenobi (Funnily enough one of my best friends from here) is doubting you. With that being said that means there has to be an issue, Andrews doesn't lie, I know that for a fact.

Now YES

You may have "rejected the XO position" and that shows dedication and no care for rank, and thats good, and actually that's brought me to respect you more. However that doesn't make you a good candidate for BCMD. That just shows modesty.

Now even I've had a few individuals (I won't name who they are) who have come to ME, saying your attitude towards the people you work with sometimes is just unacceptable, causing people to feel distant to the battalion.

1 person I will say though cos I've actually seen it is once again, Andrews (Obi - Wan Kenobi).

He's been pushed aside a few times and overruled when he busts his ass off, and to be honest he's probably THE BEST and most hard working Kenobi that the 212th have had for a long fucking time.

Improve yourself as a candidate and maybe after Perri you'll be more fitting for the position.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

British

+1

While I do acknowledge all of the faults that people have pointed out in this thread I do feel that these where honest mistakes that he, and anyone else who could have made them has learned from. Even if the inactivity was a long one a one time thing is not enough to discredit someone completely from being Cody. Hazard has the right mindset and the know how to run this battalion very well. Hazard is very welcoming to all people in and out of the battalion. He's organized, and very good at keeping people on task if the situation calls for him to step in just like anyone else in a high ranking spot in the 212th.

• Agree 1

+1. It may be bias, however the only people I could turn to in my 7 months in the 212th were hazard, black mamba and my fellow squeaker squad. He may have gone inactive at times but it is something that most of the officers went through. He has proved that he can hold a position of power helping people and doing his job. The point is that while getting to know him, I learned that he turned down XO beacause he loved regl and it was for him. Xo wasn’t for him. He didn’t go for barlex or bear because he loved oddball and being oddball benefitted the battalion. He had 2 to 3 tries to go for Cody and he turned them down. Now he finnaly comes back and works hard and people are -1 him cuz of IRL COMPLICATIONS. HE HAD ISSUES TO FIX AND HE CAME BACK. I’m not saying the demotion of XO was bad but to -1 him because of something he tried to fix so he could come back makes me pissed of. Thank you everyone I love you ❤️- TiTaN

Edited by TiTaN
  • Disagree 1
  • Founder
Founder

Accepted for interview

Please contact myself or chambers on TS by 9/4