Gatsby's SOBDE BCMD Application[Waived]

Gatsby

Steam Name: Gatsby

RP Name: Fi Skirata

RP Rank: Sergeant-Major

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:55262145

Battalion you are applying for: Special Operations Brigade BCMD.

Experience:
501st Private>Sergeant-First Class
Similarly to many, I started off my time on synergy underneath 501st. Within a quick fashion I rose through the ranks, with several talks with higher ups within the battalion I was set to become one of the main officers within the battalion but had transferred over to the RANCOR battalion.

Rancor Private>Sergeant-Major[Hammer]
After leaving the 501st I had put myself into the Rancor battalion. I had gone through the standard training each ARC had to go through, the leadership and selections course, with reaching high activity markings and showing dedication to RANCOR as a whole I was granted the lore position of Hammer a rank early, obviously being Sergeant-Major.

SOBDE Private>Sergeant-Major[Sev,Fi]

In passing SOBDE tryouts I had landed in the position of 07-Sev within Delta squad where I remained for little over 40 days and once again reached the rank of Sergeant-Major, I had gained the position of Interrogation officer before moving over to Omega squad as 15-Fi after passing the tryout required beforehand. Helping both squads gain new members whilst being in the respective squads. And Omega squad is where I still currently remain.

Synergy Staff: New Admin>Admin

Why should you become a Battalion Commander?: 

Roleplay/Professionalism:
As a staff member and a member of the community, many know SOBDE are held to a greater standard due to all members within SOBDE are all lore characters, with each character having a unique personality and lore, cracking down during events, deployments. A solution I would introduce to be able to help improve squad synergy, character roleplay as a whole, including their specialization roleplay would be to increase both squad and battalion wide training.

ACT: Advanced Combat Training.[Universal Trainings]
ASCT: Advanced Squad Combat Training.[Dedicated Squad Trainings]
Each set of training will target a specific set of criterias which can easily range from;
In-character Roleplay
Specialization Roleplay.
Combat Awareness.
Building/Room clearing.
Sabotage|Rescue task.
Radio|Comm usage.

Interactions with respective outreaches:
With each squad within SOBDE having an outreach to specific regiments. Omega: Specialized Regiment. Delta: Mechanized Regiment. Bad Batch: Attack Regiment. I want to promote more outreach wide training and or outreach events to develop more of a relationship between each battalion including the respective SOBDE Squads tied to those regiments. Whether the training or events are simple, each regiment will have an equal and impactful part to the thing as a whole.  Along with being a staff member multiple passive role plays will be held for all regiments which will include their outreach SOBDE squad.

Availability: Everyday of the week>7 AM to 7 PM PST.

Estimate of how long you've played on Synergy Roleplay?: 548 hours

Do you have a microphone?: I do have a microphone.

Where do you want your battalion to be at the end of your term?: With the current state of 05 every squad is overall active, and healthy as an entirety. Obviously certain sections within 05 can be greatly worked on as stated in previous portions of this application.

Outreach:
With outreach not truly being currently utilized to its fullest capability, by the end of my 3 month term, I want to integrate a bi-weekly outreach regiment wide training to build stronger and healthier bonds between the outreach squads and their respective regiments they’re currently assigned too. Which can increase Roleplay and character interactions.

NULL:
With NULL being the newest yet scariest squad to be implemented into 05, with the past that NULL has, NULL would be under strict supervision of both the BCMD and obviously the High-Command. Along with the introduction of NULL we aim to bring in brand new faces along with others who have potential of filling in those harsh positions. Any current members within SOBDE could possibly be interviewed and waived to be allowed to transfer into one of the 6 opened positions that are within the NULL squads, we aim to be able to use NULL as an opportunity to bring a new type of environment to SOBDE along with the server entirely and to try and bring in new faces to SOBDE.

Battalion Jedi:

Each Jedi position will continue to be handled with care with the current ‘overseer’ of the SOBDE Jedi and future BCMD(s), the interactions between them and their squads at this moment are low, but with the increase of outreach trainings will arise more character to character interaction with other clones, along with other Jedi themselves.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: I understand If I can’t reach my weekly hours I can and will be removed from my position.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your commander rank?: I do understand.

Former: Delta-07 Sev|Rancor Hammer|
Current: Omega-15 Fi

MASSIVE +1 I honestly think that Gatsby could go on to become MCMD one day. The man's got ideas and isn't afraid to act on them but doesn't do it in a way that makes it seem like he doesn't care about others opinions or input. He's a chill guy who will fuck you up if needed. He may be newer but I believe he is a great candidate for this position and will do extremely well by SOBDE. 

Sidenote: have you seen how active this fucking guy is. It's borderline insanity.

• Pay Respect 1

Former: 187th ARCO, DU ARCO x4, DU ARCL x2, 501st ARFL, Prudii Skirata, Alpha-22 AvenAlpha-98 Nate Current: DU 1stLT GreenBean

How can you ensure the integrity of tryouts?

How do you feel your jedi should be treated?

Do you intend to allow every Null position to be able to be obtained by current members of the battalion?

How will you select a Kal?

Will you allow old members of SOBDE to come back and apply?

Even with the Outreach System, RC has felt very distant in the SPEC Regiment. Rancor has had 0 interaction with our outreach and to be honest I don't even know who they are. What will you do to keep the Outreach System viable besides trainings? 

For Alpha, what steps will be taken to ensure no bitter rivalry will happen?

• Pay Respect 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

4 hours ago, Brooklyn said:

How can you ensure the integrity of tryouts?

How do you feel your jedi should be treated?

Do you intend to allow every Null position to be able to be obtained by current members of the battalion?

How will you select a Kal?

Will you allow old members of SOBDE to come back and apply?

Even with the Outreach System, RC has felt very distant in the SPEC Regiment. Rancor has had 0 interaction with our outreach and to be honest I don't even know who they are. What will you do to keep the Outreach System viable besides trainings? 

For Alpha, what steps will be taken to ensure no bitter rivalry will happen?

How can you ensure the Integrity of tryouts? With each squad, each squad leader have a unique mindset on how they want their squad tryouts to be finalized and taught.
But every tryout have certain sections that every person can put in their opinion so far about the trainee during the tryout, can opinions can be stated before hand as well.

How do you feel your jedi should be treated? Every Jedi should and will be treated equally and fairly, they will have an equal say during tryouts, an equal say during squad meetings, an equal say on everything as again, they are a member of the squad that they are directly tied too. No matter the Jedi, no matter the trooper, everyone will be treated equally.

Do you intend to allow every Null position to be able to be obtained by current members of the battalion?: At this very moment, no, with NULL I want to try and bring in as many new faces as possible before even allowing current members to lead it, obviously before were to open up officially to the public, I would want either both NULL ordo and Kal filled or just Kal to be filled before actually opening to the public.

How will you select a Kal?: In future instances, candidates for Kal will have to show great potential in leadership capabilities, show dedication and has put time and effort into the battalion, and time into NULL itself as well.

Will you allow old members of SOBDE to come back and apply?: At the very start of NULL, old members of SOBDE, specifically ex-NULL members will not be allowed to tryout for the first large batch of positions, due to many of the ex-NULLs past behavior when it was on the server, everything will be kept on a tight watch ensure nothing like that will happen again.

Even with the Outreach System, RC has felt very distant in the SPEC Regiment. Rancor has had 0 interaction with our outreach and to be honest I don't even know who they are. What will you do to keep the Outreach System viable besides trainings?:  Aside from the trainings, I plan to host simulations, events, encounters which will involve closely with the SPEC Outreach along with every other outreach and will be hosted bi-weekly. Currently SPEC outreach falls under Omega squad, meetings will be accounted with both Coruscant Guard, Rancor and Omega to plan dates for the events, future meetings with Omega squad leader and the respective BCMDs of the two regiments.

For Alpha, what steps will be taken to ensure no bitter rivalry will happen?: From a roleplay standpoint of view, Alpha saw NULL as failures or embarrassments due how unrestricted and untamed they were throught Star wars Lore. I obviously do not want bantering or any form of disrespectful things to be said about others due to the fact that Isn't what I am aiming for with NULL, As stated previously NULL will be kept under tight supervision, and If I were to be accepted, meetings between myself, Alpha-17, Kal and Ordo will be arranged to discuss future trainings that could be done to reduce that chance of rivalry, as no one in SOBDE is greater then those who are not within SOBDE. Elitism within NULL and SOBDE as a whole is the last thing I want for us.

[Sorry for the late reply.]

Edited by Gatsby
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Will you allow old members of SOBDE to come back and apply?: At the very start of NULL, old members of SOBDE, specifically ex-NULL members will not be allowed to tryout for the first large batch of positions, due to many of the ex-NULLs past behavior when it was on the server, everything will be kept on a tight watch ensure nothing like that will happen again.

I highly doubt all the old Null have current blacklists in SOBDE.

• It is required to hold an unbiased tryout, open to all non-blacklisted members of the community that are present.

-1 I don't care what old Null did, they deserve the same chance to anybody else (and are afforded it by the BCMD Commander Rules). If they turn out to be toxic, then remove them. Null is a great opportunity to bring old people and new people alike into SOBDE, and this would just throw that opportunity away in a manner that further spites the "old heads" that consistently get shit on here. Tired of obvious favoritism and the "old head" vs "new head" mentality here. It's a fucking game and people change.

• Friendly 1
  • Dumb 2

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

As I stated in the other applicant's application, the current way they have it so that if old members were to return for Null, they are required to be active from now up to the release of Null. I understand that some Null's behaviors were not the best, but punish those who had made it that way and not every single old member. Everyone deserves a tryout without bias or discrimination. 

• Dumb 2

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

Just now, Keegan said:

I highly doubt all the old Null have current blacklists in SOBDE.

• It is required to hold an unbiased tryout, open to all non-blacklisted members of the community that are present.

-1 I don't care what old Null did, they deserve the same chance to anybody else (and are afforded it by the BCMD Commander Rules). If they turn out to be toxic, then remove them. Null is a great opportunity to bring old people and new people alike into SOBDE, and this would just throw that opportunity away in a manner that further spites the "old heads" that consistently get shit on here. Tired of obvious favoritism and the "old head" vs "new head" mentality here. It's a fucking game and people change.

The announcement was made within the SOBDE General-Announcements channel.

• Dumb 1

2 minutes ago, Pxnda said:

As I stated in the other applicant's application, the current way they have it so that if old members were to return for Null, they are required to be active from now up to the release of Null. I understand that some Null's behaviors were not the best, but punish those who had made it that way and not every single old member. Everyone deserves a tryout without bias or discrimination. 

The decision to blacklist all former-NULL/SOBDE Members from NULL was decided by marvel and I believe former-SOBDE BCMD. There is a chance for them to be WAIVED and unblacklisted.

• Dumb 1

Just now, Gatsby said:

The decision to blacklist all former-NULL/SOBDE Members from NULL was decided by marvel and I believe former-SOBDE BCMD. There is a chance for them to be WAIVED and unblacklisted.

And the chance is what I have described in my response to your application. What you have responded with is something different from Marvel's answer. Please re-read your answer and the announcement and you shall see the difference. 

• Winner 1
  • Dumb 3

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

5 minutes ago, Pxnda said:

And the chance is what I have described in my response to your application. What you have responded with is something different from Marvel's answer. Please re-read your answer and the announcement and you shall see the difference. 

So this situation that you and keegan are -1 is a decision from a Director on the server, not Marvel being in SOBDE it was a Director decision with other HC on the server. So -1 just based off of this is not really very realistic because both applicants put the same thing based on the server's high command decisions so no need to -1 for this situation.

This came straight from Marvel Null Transfers- Must convince Marvel Heavily.(Old SOBDE Blacklisted, can be unblacklisted from HC(Spec Reg and MCMD)(Wants New Players) .

January 26, 2023
  • Friendly 1
3 minutes ago, Tomm said:

So this situation that you and keegan are -1 is a decision from a Director on the server, not Marvel being in SOBDE it was a Director decision with other HC on the server. So -1 just based off of this is not really very realistic because both applicants put the same thing based on the server's high command decisions so no need to -1 for this situation.

This came straight from Marvel Null Transfers- Must convince Marvel Heavily.(Old SOBDE Blacklisted, can be unblacklisted from HC(Spec Reg and MCMD)(Wants New Players) .

January 26, 2023

Did you not read my responses? Both of their decisions are completely different. I AGREE with Marvel's decision. I DISAGREE with Gatsby's. 

If you wish to talk in TS, I'll be happy to explain to you.

Edited by Pxnda

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Pxnda said:

Did you not read my responses? Both of their decisions are completely different. I AGREE with Marvel's decision. I DISAGREE with Gatsby's. 

unfortunately, you are saying that old members come back before null and they should be able to tryout. Overall that is not up to either of the applicants right now. i quoted what marvel said, you can try to convince him. but other then that they cannot adjust their Null decsions.

• Winner 1
  • Pay Respect 1

+1

• Friendly 1
Spoiler

2ndACS SGM BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

• Management

Just wanted to give some insight on Null for anyone that have concerns with the applicant's plans. Most of the setup and implementation has already been taken care of by the previous BCMD and I including the blacklist of all former SOBDE from Null for their reintroduction to the server. This blacklist by no means was setup to bar old heads from making Null toxic again, which wasn't the reason they were removed either, but rather a way to open Null back up to people that never got to experience it before and after it's removal. We also created options for old heads to get a chance at trying out for Null when it's added as well so they have a shot at it as well but we want to see them actively playing before the addition of Null and they must get a waive through the SPEC RCMD and the MCMD that way we have a third party involved and we can avoid any bias. We haven't communicated most of our plans with the rest of SOBDE or the server because we were not sure how long it will be until they're added so there will definitely be some confusion on their end and that's why their plans for Null might differ.

I urge everyone to not look so deep into their plans for Null as much of what has been decided right now has been completely out of their control.

• Winner 2
  • Informative 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

GM Leadership

+1
Active and good interactions
Good App
Understands issues in SOBDE
Very professional

• Friendly 1

Current:  41st BCMD Gree
Former: Rancor BCMD Blitz | SPEC RCMD | SOBDE BCMD | Anakin Skywalker | Plo Koon | Hunter | Echo | Muzzle | Alpha 17 | Guild LT

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• Friendly 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

• Management

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

You will be contacted by a Director or relevant High Command for your denial reason.

You may apply for another commander positions after 30 DAYS from this post.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - DENIED

• Dumb 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif