CHOOV

RP Name:

Jedi Master Advisor Luther

RP Rank:

Jedi Master

Steam ID: 

STEAM_0:0:85114462

Why should you become Chancellor Palpatine?:

With the server in its current state, someone needs to apply for Palpatine and be there to help support and help grow the server. I’ve been a part of this community since 2017 and since then I have accomplished many things and experienced so much. I have received a lot of knowledge and experience throughout my time on this server and just sitting here doing nothing with it bothers me so it’s time to put it to use. I know that I've just recently come back to the community but being Palpatine is something that I’ve always wanted to do and now the opportunity presents itself to me. With there being a lot of newer people coming into the community I want to be in a position where I can help them by using my past experience to help mold them into the future of Synergy and help push Synergy into a new age. Basically to sum this up, the reason I should become Palpatine is because of my experience and dedication to this server.

Availability:

I am available everyday from 4pm - 10pm CST on GMOD but can always be reached on discord.

Give a brief overview of your achievements and experience on the server:

Director

GMM

Captain Gregor

Shaak Ti (High Jedi General)

Obi Wan Kenobi

Luminara

Arligan Zey

What do you feel the role of the Chancellor is?:

There are a few main roles that I think the Chancellor plays.

Advisor - I believe that the Chancellor plays a huge role by applying his knowledge and experience to various discussions, providing his viewpoint on certain subjects and most importantly using experience to just better the factions and the server in any way he can.

Roleplay - To me the Chancellor plays a huge role in the roleplay that can happen on the server. The Chancellor in some way shape or form has a connection to every aspect of the server and by using that connection he can create many roleplay opportunities for everyone on the server and by doing that hopefully increasing population and retaining player count.

Leadership/Mentorship - I’ve touched on this a bit but Palpatine has such a huge role on the server that people look up to him to help out in certain situations. With the experience and knowledge I have received I would like to use this position to help spread my knowledge and help people grow into leadership positions so that eventually they can help pass it on as well when the time comes.

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes, I do.

Where do you want the Jedi, Senate, and Guild to be at the end of your term?:

To start things off, I would like to say that after talking to the leadership of each VIP faction, they all had one thing in common that they would like to see from me and that is to be more hands off and just provide them with ideas to better their faction and step in when asked and/or needed. So with that being said I will be a more hands off Chancellor by not making changes to each faction and instead will listen to the faction leaders and provide input as needed and/or deemed fit. 

Jedi - The Jedi currently is in a very stable position in my opinion, with a new leader put into position they are in a good spot. Now with that being said, I have been a Jedi Master multiple times and have a lot of experience within the Order that I will apply to help the order as it stands. To me the biggest issue is the interaction between Jedi Masters and Knights/Padawans, this is something I would like to see improved upon during my term. Another thing I would like to see done is pushing for more leadership from Jedi during events, this could be as simple as Jedi leading the battalions during some events or even a Jedi giving a briefing and assignments during events as seen fit by the GM.

Citizen - The Citizen faction is currently in a very interesting spot with some of it being in a pretty good spot and other parts of it being in decent shape. The Senate is in good shape, with activity being very good and the roleplay recently has been in top shape. My main focus here will be on the Bounty Hunter side of things, after some talks I have been assured that there are things in the work within the faction and things should be picking up here soon. Now with that being said I am not extremely well versed in Senate and Bounty Hunter but I wish to put in the time to attend their meetings and help provide advice and input where needed.

Naval - I’ll be honest Naval in my opinion is in the hardest position out of all the VIP factions right now. Honestly I think the biggest issue in Naval currently is the lack of leadership and this isn’t me shitting on the current leadership I just mean that there aren't enough officers within Naval to run it properly. Most of the early part of my term if given Palpy will be focused on Naval as it is a faction that can provide a lot of valuable RP to the server and I think that given the proper care it can be revived and made stable again.

How do you plan to improve relations within the Grand Army?:

The main way to improve relations is interaction. Interaction is something that has always been sort of iffy between the VIP factions and the GAR but this is something that can be worked on and improved upon with due time. By just being present and promoting activity, relations will gradually improve over time and with good leadership and high command keeping everyone in check and making sure everything runs smoothly.

How do you plan to improve relations within the VIP factions?:

The relations between VIP factions currently is very interesting, I think that all of the factions in some way shape or form are doing something currently to improve these relations and overtime they will be fixed but by being in this position and providing input to each faction and helping put systems into place or repairing systems like the contract system is something that could easily help relations between all the factions by providing more RP opportunities between them. I hope to get closer to all of the faction leads and better understand the current state of all the factions and by doing that, help improve relations.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?:

Yes, I do.

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your position of Chancellor Palpatine?

Yes, I do.

I will try my best to respond to every question in the comments.

i am pretty iffy as you JUST came back. but regardless +1 you have the experience, the drive, and youre a great person. Even just having you as a figurehead will be insanely better than not having Palpatine

Edited by Mystic

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor Shaak Ti
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1 Ive known Luther since he was a little ole jedi Knight, he has grown a lot! However you did just come back so hopefully that same Jedi Knight Luther drive is still in you. Palpatine is not just some job its important for the server and an important role in roleplay itself. it take a lot of effort and I know that if you haven't changed much you have what it takes.

I think working with people a little more will help too, ask to help, see where things are going wrong and IF you get palpy take action on those issues and help out the community, let that be one of your top priorities. Palpy is essential in the server and you have big shoes to fill if you are to get it! best of luck to you my friend (ps don't forget we are friends bc 1200 credits is a lot and i want the cycler rifle)

Edited by Tomm

+1 have fun with a school my guy 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Like Mystic, I am a little iffy because you did just come back. But, I know the work that you do and am willing to give you a shot. +1.

Former 41st GC REGL XO Tetra | Former Cin Drallig x2 | Former Serra Keto x2 | Former Branch Overseer Former Mace Windu

41st CMD Tetra

Holding off on voting for now, on second thought I want to hear more about your plans. I have confidence you'll do well, but I would like to chat if you're going to be leading HC/the server.

Edited by Bane

Former: A lot of shit dude

Did you have any chats with the High Command of Jedi or Civilian Factions before applying?

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

+1 i hope you get this and continue do great things

CG PVT BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

+1 but if you go Conrad mode and start screaming about random shit while shooting a z6 we're gonna have some issues.  In all seriousness Luther is an oldhead who (unlike a lot of them) hasn't just sat by and let his reputation carry him through ranks. He actually worked for everything he has achieved, I think he's a great candidate for this position and I support him 100%

Edited by Bonzai
  • Agree 2

Former: 187th ARCO, DU ARCO x4, DU ARCL x2, 501st ARFL, Prudii Skirata, Alpha-22 AvenAlpha-98 Nate Current: DU 1stLT GreenBean

On 1/14/2023 at 7:42 PM, Luther said:

Of course, I talked with Silvian and Brooklyn.

Ok, then allow me to ask you a couple things.

On 1/14/2023 at 3:17 AM, Luther said:

To me the biggest issue is the interaction between Jedi Masters and Knights/Padawans, this is something I would like to see improved upon during my term. Another thing I would like to see done is pushing for more leadership from Jedi during events, this could be as simple as Jedi leading the battalions during some events or even a Jedi giving a briefing and assignments during events as seen fit by the GM.

What do you feel the current interactions between Masters and Knight/Padawans are like. You talk about how you want to improve it, but you also want to be hands off. Its all well in good saying you want to improve it, but you could you explain what actions you will take and explain how you want to achieve it.

Leadership form Jedi is a fickle one. Jeid leading battalions is up to the discretion of the Battalion, So how do you think you can change the current mentality.

Lastly... Palpy has control of Naval? Wanst sure if they made it a thing. Many times people put new leaders into naval and it fails almost every time. How would you break the cycle. Naval hasnt been stable since Tec.

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

9 minutes ago, Gears said:

Ok, then allow me to ask you a couple things.

What do you feel the current interactions between Masters and Knight/Padawans are like. You talk about how you want to improve it, but you also want to be hands off. Its all well in good saying you want to improve it, but you could you explain what actions you will take and explain how you want to achieve it.

Leadership form Jedi is a fickle one. Jeid leading battalions is up to the discretion of the Battalion, So how do you think you can change the current mentality.

Lastly... Palpy has control of Naval? Wanst sure if they made it a thing. Many times people put new leaders into naval and it fails almost every time. How would you break the cycle. Naval hasnt been stable since Tec.

I talked with Silvian about the interactions between Masters and Knight/Padawans and it's something that we both agreed should be improved upon. Currently I feel like there is a lot more masters actively playing than Knight/Padawans which isn't necessarily bad but by promoting these RP interactions hopefully more people will hop on their jedi to RP. I know that I said I wanted to be hands off and that's true but also isn't at the same time, when I say that I want to be hands off I mean hands off by not making changes within the order by myself and allowing the jedi leadership to do that part. Where the hands on part comes is RP and by being Palpy there's a lot I can do to help encourage these interaction between Masters and Knight/Padawans, for example sending Luminara and Barriss on a mission or small missions for jedi Knight/Padawans led by 1 master and so on. Now on to Jedi Leadership and what I meant about jedi leading events/battalions, I want to and I'll do my best to start pushing for jedi to start being event leads and perhaps even giving briefings for events like we see in the Clone Wars Show. Now this won't be something that happens instantly but I'll do my best to work with Clone High Command and Jedi High Command to see this through. 

Naval is another beast and yes it is in a very bad position right now and personally I think it's because of the current leadership within Naval, I don't think there's enough people to help keep it stable. During the first portion of my term I plan to be more hands on with Naval and speak a lot with Naval Command to see what we can come up with to help fix the problems that reside within Naval. Now I admit I haven't entirely come up with a plan to stabilize Naval but that's why I plan to be more hands on with them if I were to be given the position of Palpatine. 

• Coordinator
Coordinator

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• Management

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

• Pay Respect 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk