Question regarding Regiments

Marvel

Which Regiment structure do you prefer?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Management

For a while now I've heard plenty of community members state that regiments don't serve much of a purpose anymore. That no one really cares what regiment they're in because at the end of the day they'll probably be switched around again come the next RCMD or MCMD. I wanted to make this post to gather more community feedback on the subject of Regiments and how they currently work. My question is:

Do people really want to see them go back to Attack, Specialized, etc where the Regiments and Battalions within have a set role to fill?

If so what would the 3rd Regiment be? Personally I'm not a fan of Siege because what's the difference between them and Attack. Recon doesn't work and only like two Battalions fit in that category to begin with. Mechanized isn't bad but not many battalions outside 104th fit that role. Defense I'm okay with but who in their right mind wants to be known as the guys that defend things. That's been a major downfall of DU and CG in the past. I want us to stay in the 3/3/3 format as well in order to keep things balanced for RCMDs.

Depending on community feedback High Command will look back into this topic and eventually make another post regarding it down the line. Vote on the poll and provide any feedback in the comments below.

• Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Attack, Spec, and Siege were much more defining, They allowed battalions to show what they did easier to new recruits.
Siege sieged stuff. used heavy armor etc
Spec was recon, intel, specialized clones like ARF and ARC (Rancor, SOBDE etc)
Attack was your number heavy batts the ones who would flood the field with blaster fire and were in almost every fight. (212th 501st)

It was just easier, and made more sense. Not to mention it was much easier to memorize.

• Informative 1
  • Friendly 2

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor Shaak Ti
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

cause SEIGE!!!!!!!!!

But in all seriousness, I do would like to see the regiments be set or not exist at all. With the whole situation them being changed around constantly, no one knows what the regiments actually are. Mind as well have 3 RCMD's with no assigned regiment. I like the idea of advertising for your regiment and having a sense of "community" with that. I'm sure you probably seen this from all the regiments but most prominently Siege. I understand Siege and Attack having similar roles, however I've always thought of Siege being more methodical than Attack using different tools while Attack was just "bum rushing" so to speak. 

TL; DR: Bringing the regiments back to the old way allows for people to actually know what regiment they are in, and actually have a pride in being in that regiment. The way they are now, to me, is the same as not having regiments at all, as they are constantly switching.

• Informative 1
  • Friendly 2

I think the changing regiments is good on the High Command team. It makes it easy for us to manage the battalions, and if problems arise it allows us to swap regiments without the stupid "but that isn't an attack battalion they shouldn't be in that regiment" argument.

That being said, the old way was better defined for players, and the old regiment mentality (while I think is really dumb) was well liked by the majority of the community. 

It doesn't really matter to me how it's set up, as I usually end up overseeing more than my regiment anyways.

• Dumb 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

I like the old system, it for sure gave us more meaning and purpose. I feel it also made it more simple to understand each battalions/regiments jobs. Meanwhile the current one, I am confused on. I just ignored it and focused on the battalions themselves or at least tried too. Plus, I believe we used to always communicate or do things much better with the old regimental as I think it was better structured(to me).

I do enjoy bringing back the Attack and Spec reg as for the third I have no clue. 

• Informative 1

Attack: 212th, 501st, DU

Recon: 05, RANCOR and 41st      

Spec: CG, GM, and 104th

Attack:         

212th and 501st : Attack for obvious reason

DU: Are needed on the front lines and they use there shields to push forward on attack with CQC type situations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recon:

RANCOR and 41st: Obviously do recon and such

05 Battalion: Is the wildcard however they did conduct covert recon mission on CIS Property and helped gather intel for future republic attacking plans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specialized: CG-> Keeping the Peace/Military Police     GM-> EOD, Tech, Biohazard situations or extreme weather       104th-> Negotiations and Armor support

This would be the best way in my opinion

Edited by Midlife
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1
50 minutes ago, Midlife said:

Attack: 212th, 501st, DU

Recon: 05, RANCOR and 41st      

Spec: CG, GM, and 104th

Attack:         

212th and 501st : Attack for obvious reason

DU: Are needed on the front lines and they use there shields to push forward on attack with CQC type situations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recon:

RANCOR and 41st: Obviously do recon and such

05 Battalion: Is the wildcard however they did conduct covert recon mission on CIS Property and helped gather intel for future republic attacking plans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specialized: CG-> Keeping the Peace/Military Police     GM-> EOD, Tech, Biohazard situations or extreme weather       104th-> Negotiations and Armor support

This would be the best way in my opinion

DU

• Confused 1

:monkaMEGA:Yea I'm Joe's son :POGGERS:

(Thanks Naffen for the pepe stuff)

8 hours ago, Finn said:

problems arise it allows us to swap regiments without the stupid

We shouldn't be doing this at all. If regiments don't get along a regcmd should sort it out not swap them out lol?

The old way was a million times better this new one means nothing and made worse by the cringe names.

It's good that you asked the community about this!

• Agree 7

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Regiments haven't had any meaning to me ever since we changed them from ATK/SIEGE/SPEC because of how often we're swapped around. Not to mention, we've recently been put together based on our sizes and how easy it is for an RCMD, while the battalions in a regiment have completely different mindsets and playstyles. The old system worked because we knew who we were with, knew we wouldn't be swapped every MCMD term, and the pairings made sense. Not just "oh, let's put 501st and CG together because one is struggling and the other isn't"

• Winner 1
  • Informative 2

Arrested unfairly? Perceived bias? @ Zeros!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wd5z54vl09nbbv1okw

Please change it back to how it was or just stick with something for an extended period of time. I don't care either way since I don't play clone just don't constantly change it every month as it diminishes the whole point of having them be able to build bonds or whatever.

• Informative 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

RCMDS are supposed to Foster relationships between battalions and focus on a specific RP style of yhere regiments, if your doing a pot luck each week then you can't really focus amd you just become a Marshal who can't do anything a Marshal can.

Also, even when I was SPEC REG,  I still worked and coated with other batts, specifically the RECON REG like Rancor and 41st, and I still o tenanted and supported the server as  whole, it was just if 21st or DU had a problem I would go. Hell, I'd even chat with BHs about shit, as with Jedi on occasions.

Sometimes I wonder if some people muddy the job of a BCMD with the job of a RCMD. Even if a batt doesn't have one, you can implement a leader to work as a proxy, like a captain who you promote to Colonel and then Cpmmamder and Foster to be a new BCMD.

This may just be me reminiscing, but yhe old way was more secure, you knew what the job entailed and what you needed to do. You were a guiding hand and a RP magnet. 

• Winner 1
  • Informative 3

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

The main takeaway I am seeing from the priors here is; there is no way to guarantee an experienced member of the server being able to step up and lead a random three battallions well. Every good regimental I know has had a group they were familiar with (at least 2/3).

Being thrown into three battallions with no cohesions not only makes the interviewing process more difficult, as both sides are unsure exactly what they'll be dealing with in a months time, but does not guarantee that the best person for certain battallions will get the job as they will always be compromising if they have not been an integral part of every battalion on the server.

• Informative 1

I for one can't wait for this  discussion in 2 months time. How about we pick a system we want and lock it for a year minimum. It's been only a year and there's been atleast 4 changes to regiments if not more. The moment there's a single issue everyone is scrambling to get the entire system changed again. Can we just accept when it comes to changing things around there's going to be growing pains and not change it all the time. It be great to have some consistency on our structure, cause these changes are becoming regular and is harming the credibility of High command.

• Informative 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

• Coordinator
Coordinator
8 hours ago, BlueBeetle said:

@XazeRETURN OF SIEGE LET'S GOOOOOOOOO

Certified Siege moment. 

• Agree 1