Three ideas

Bane

The first thing I want to discuss: Who should be able to see cloakers? While I know there is a suggestion to bring back SO, I'm talking about the current troopers/jobs we have on offer. Inb4 "rc and masters", they're rarely around to deal with cloakers. I feel like antagonist cloakers have gotten a huge buff without any thought to balancing. 

Secondly, what do you guys think about moving away from strictly lore battalions and adding in a Synergy exclusive battalion? I think the obsession with being strictly lore accurate is a little silly, especially when we consider the fact that half of the events on the server are totally unrelated to SW lore. I think the problem with Havoc squad is that there were attempts to make the lore "real". I am personally fine with having a Synergy battalion that exists just as an excuse for cool armor. I think the staff model color scheme would look really sick on phase two trooper armor. 

Thirdly, how would you guys feel about another squad based "Battalion", similar to SOBDE? The idea here would be that we take a nebulous or poorly defined group, such as the 44th, and use them as an excuse to rotate in cool GAR affiliated groups/battalions on a squad basis. So for example, Hawkbat battalion.. It could also be used as a way to revisit old beloved units like NULL, or to gauge interest in other possible units that could be added. 

These ideas are completely insulated and have nothing to do with one another, they're more like conversation starters for new stuff the community might want to try. Take the ideas and run with them, shit on them, twist them into a new form, or just post your own ideas in the replys  

Former: A lot of shit dude

Make CT battalion take it or leave it 

• Funny 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

It needs to be something with a new niche, not just cool armor while being another carbon copy of 212th or 501st. While something new I'm completely down for, I also do not want another thing trying to be similar to SOBDE. *dire squad*

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Arrested unfairly? Perceived bias? @ Zeros!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wd5z54vl09nbbv1okw

2 hours ago, Bane said:

The first thing I want to discuss: Who should be able to see cloakers? While I know there is a suggestion to bring back SO, I'm talking about the current troopers/jobs we have on offer. Inb4 "rc and masters", they're rarely around to deal with cloakers. I feel like antagonist cloakers have gotten a huge buff without any thought to balancing. 

I could argue we could see SO (If that happens) as the Clone Section that deals with Cloacked enemies, Along with RC ofc. As for Jedi, Having Shadows deal with that would benefitting too.

I struggle to know where cloak detection fits in for clones other than what we have now. its got to be limited.

2 hours ago, Bane said:

Secondly, what do you guys think about moving away from strictly lore battalions and adding in a Synergy exclusive battalion? I think the obsession with being strictly lore accurate is a little silly, especially when we consider the fact that half of the events on the server are totally unrelated to SW lore. I think the problem with Havoc squad is that there were attempts to make the lore "real". I am personally fine with having a Synergy battalion that exists just as an excuse for cool armor. I think the staff model color scheme would look really sick on phase two trooper armor. 

Ive always hated the argument for lore. Every time something non lore friendly gets proposed it always splits into 2 sides, Either we should be lore accurate or that we already have non lore things. If we really want to put a Synergy Exclusive Battalion in, We need to then end the discussion of if we want to be lore accurate or not. Ive said myself, As long as Havoc Squad exists, Lore does not matter, We should lean to lore when it comes to doing creative events or changing a system, but in no way should it be lore dictated like its a law. If instead we want to be lore accruate, Then theres alot of removing and changes that would need to be done, But for the current moment, Lore means nothing in the big picture.

As for adding a battalion now? We just locked Doom's Unit, We cant support a new one clearly.

2 hours ago, Bane said:

Thirdly, how would you guys feel about another squad based "Battalion", similar to SOBDE? The idea here would be that we take a nebulous or poorly defined group, such as the 44th, and use them as an excuse to rotate in cool GAR affiliated groups/battalions on a squad basis. So for example, Hawkbat battalion.. It could also be used as a way to revisit old beloved units like NULL, or to gauge interest in other possible units that could be added. 

I think it be much better to look into the removal of Grey RC and revert to what it was as a Regiment but make a Battalion, This RC change was a massive L due to compromises and difficulty from both sides. As far as Im aware, Null will not return, Atleast thats how the founders put it, when it was agreed null would be removed. RC right now only want to support Bad Batch, Delta and Omega and until pop improves or theres more demand, they wont want a 4th. Unless RC succeeds here, I dont see a need for another Squad Based Battalion.

Edited by Gears
  • Agree 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

I'm gonna be real petty for a second and say RCMD+ should be able to see cloakers.

Speaking more objectively, I think certain support troopers should be able to. I'd even go so far as to say there should be something akin to the old heat vision toggle, but as an item, so you can give it to a set of jobs. 

From a lore perspective, having more Jedi being able to sense cloakers would make sense.

When it comes to battalions, I've always been against the idea of 'battalionization', or making battalions uniform and more easy on the backend. I understand the argument in favor, but (especially now) we should be trying to make things unique and different to allow different playstyles and roleplay to emerge. I really like the idea of having a battalion/subunit swap out every few months, but it'd be hard to keep a set cycle. If people like it, they'll want to keep it longer, and if they don't like it, they'll want to switch faster.

I also think having a battalion with little/no lore but cool design/kit is a good thing. Give me a subunit of flamethrowers for 41st. Put SO back in GM. Give me a group in DU that can spawn turrets. Fuck the lore, we don't care about that. I want to have fun.

This isn't to say the lore can't be fun, and I really enjoy the set lore interactions (Palpatine and Anakin, Obi Wan and Cody, Bad Batch, etc), and pushing that as a selling point for your battalion/squad is really good. But I don't think every decision should be weighted against whether or not it would make sense, especially considering how messy the lore is anyways. 

• Confused 1
  • Dumb 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg