Return Special Operations

Mystic

Name: Mystic l GM BCMD Bacara

RP Rank: BCMD

Suggestion: Return Special Operations to the server. 

Please take a moment to read this before jumping to  +1 or -1 this. 
I am making this suggestion as the Last CMD Jet and the current BCMD.

I will state some reasoning behind this, As i know Special Operations was removed in favor of uniformity. 

I believe this is where you did the wrong thing. Uniformity is boring, People don't want to be like the person next to them, If everyone was the same life would be boring. Having 2 subunits that do the same thing is something that is mind boggling. Having unique things on the server such as SO, Alpha, Wolfpack and 2ndAC are vital to the health, longevity and player base of the server. If you favor uniformity over uniqueness you begin to flood the server with things that are too similar and don't allow people to change their RP which in turn burns them out. As we know Devil Dogs are VERY similar to 2ndAC and serve little to no purpose comparatively. Devil Dogs has less popularity, isn't in a mainstream battalion like 212th, and overall doesn't fit the roleplay of Marines like the Founders wanted. As someone who has seen the popularity of SO firsthand, inside and out, as well as someone who was both a CMD and a BCMD within the same battalion I will say this, The removal of SO and the GM reform caused 12 people to resign. It caused others to be moved to a battalion or sub-unit they may not be as interested in. It caused people to lose drive and motive. It even pissed off people not affected as they know that the uniqueness offered by SO was something nothing else could offer. (excluding Omega as SOBDE in and of itself is unique). 

Special Operations not only impacted the server player base and many Galactic Marine's activity, it also affected GM's. There were countless times when Special Operations was the reason events started, It opened up more play for Negotiations and hand in hand roleplay with 104th as we cloaked behind hostages or did RP to defuse bombs while cloaked. This was something i often expressed love in doing with @Turtleduring his time as Wolffe. We had multiple sub-unit only deployments with 12+ people BECAUASE the idea of of SO was so intriguing people wanted to play it. They wanted to join. They wanted to roleplay with their cloaks and cool armor. They WANTED to. That's something lacking as of now on the server. For what little this is worth, A whole lot of the Former GM still around are Ex-SO. A lot of Former GM would be more than ecstatic to rejoin the server is SO was added back. This is something that people wanted that was taken away unnecessarily. When i type this, i just want people to know that i am the BCMD of the Galactic Marines. I think about my battalion beforehand and i can solemnly swear that the decrease in numbers of GM would be reverted if SO were returned. This suggestion was not put up lightly either, I contacted and made sure everyone in DD would be okay with this if it panned out, This was made with the approval and excitement of my XO. This was posted with 7+ Former GM telling me if it passed they would return. This is posted with the best interested of GM and what it can offer to the server in mind. The activity SO brought to the server was something that would surpass most battalions at the current moment. This is just another reason to come to the server. Its another reason to play differently and another way for more people to change their roleplay and to meet new people and try new things. 
I know DD just got new models but please don't just think about the models we got. Think of the roleplay, the possibility, the popularity and the love the subunit had within the battalion and the server. This was a place many people called home and a place that had (and still has) ALOT of useable content. The return of SO would already have all of its doc work taken care of and would just require the roster adjustment. This is something I, and many others were very adamant about.

Many thought it looked bad if SO had more numbers than GM, but in reality SO was 21st. SO activity was 21st activity. It was loved, and nobody in the battalion thought SO was separate, and while jokes were made, if it went any further than jokes it was shut down fast. SO was loved across the server and we won’t be able to make memories like this anymore.
(Also, another bit of proof of how fun it was to die randomly, and how unexpected turns could happen due to player interaction, and how 104th is negotiating while we were disarming the threat)

This also allows Gamemaster's to open their minds to even more avenue's of roleplay. Since Omega is the only cloaking unit now, bringing back SO will allow them to use an "Omega" replacement on a larger scale to affect everyone instead of a small group of people. During the time that SO was on the server, GM was at an all time high in terms of numbers. Even when SO was removed and we used SO ARC as a GM ARC whitelist, it was higher than it is now, and ARC was filled. Removing things has barely worked well for this server. From my knowledge the removal of 327th, 91st, and 187th brought alot of resignations. With a mass majority of 91st completely leaving the server. Returning things the players want will make this server turn around. 

addtext_com_MjEyODM3MzU5Mg.jpg

These pictures are only about 6 months apart. The left side was an almost GM exclusive deployment, whereas the right side was a 3 battalion deployment. Notice that we had 5 GM, 5 SO and 2 Jedi. 1 of these GM resigned because they got SO and it was removed. 3 of these SO also resigned. These were dedicated members of the battalion who originally averaged 70+  hours a week. The only people in that photo who remained were Cubby and I.

Special Operations could bring back so much lost potential and uniqueness on the server. I really hope that people can take this at face value. The 21st change post received 50+ negative rep and about 65(ish?) negative responses. This caused disdain in the community and distrust in High Command. While most of them are no longer in those positions it caused a seed to grow in peoples minds. Many of those people wound up resigning. It wasn't just the removal, but the execution and the announcement of it. The removal of SO didn't kill the server pop, but it played a large part in the state of the server today. 

Implementation: Remove Devil Dogs and replace it with Special Operations

Lore: 

Special ops clone troopers were soldiers in the Grand Army of the Republic, trained to move quickly and quietly and detect enemies at a distance, while also wearing advanced gear that improved their senses.

During the Clone Wars, Clone Commander CC-1993 "Jet" was a special ops clone trooper who commanded a battalion made up of special ops troops and clone flametroopers.

During the Battle of Christophsis, Clone Commander "Blackout" and clone trooper CT-1284 "Spark" were among the several special ops clones who served aboard a IPV-2C Stealth Corvette under Jedi General Anakin Skywalker. Together, they were able to break through the Separatist blockade under Admiral Trench and deliver supplies to Senator Bail Organa's compound in Chaleydonia. Later, Jet and his battalion were placed under the command of Jedi General Ki-Adi-Mundi during the Second Battle of Geonosis.

*This lore fits GM better as DD was much more comparable to 104th in terms of service and purpose. They wore similar cold weather assault armor. SO worked directly with Ki-Adi-Mundi and had little to no connection to anywhere else, which allowed for plenty of head-canon and theorizing due to GM's relation to the 4th Sector Army.

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2325847074
This is the old SR SO Models. Since this pack is compressed and owned by Square, i assume this can be uncompressed and split apart from that pack and added back to the server. 

Implementation: This is something that wouldn't need to change. The ARC slots are in GM already, and ARC would need to be the only class swapped out of SO.

SO Commander: 2 slots. (Replacing Sharp and Deadeye)
Dual DC-17s
DP-24
DC-15A
DC-15S
Camouflage Device
SO ARF: 5 slots (Replacing Devil Dogs Trooper)
DC-15X
DC-15A
DC-15S
Camouflage Device
SO Pilot: 5 slots (Replacing DD SUP)
DP-23

DC-17
DC-15A
DC-15S
Camouflage Device
SO Medic/SO Trooper: 5 slots (Replacing DD MED with restrictions on cloaking that would be set in place by discussion with Directors)
Bacta Kit (If Medic is chosen)
Medical Syringe (If Medic is chosen)
DC-15A
DC-15S
Camouflage Device
(I made MED interchangeable as SO MED was controversial, and both KU and GM offer MED slots already)

These are ALL subject to change, as the classes aren't the reason to push for SO's addition. I have no issue fleshing this out further with anyone who wishes to do so. My Discord is Mystic#9245 and my DM's are ALWAYS open.

Edited by Mystic
  • Agree 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor Shaak Ti
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Unfortunately, a lot of things that hurt the server happen anyway, we say we take stuff away and may add it later when the server “inevitably” gets more pop, I doubt this will go through just bc people will say that it will spread the battalions or current pop too thin, but +1 regardless

Current: Free man
Former: Lotta things (Notably HA and Wolffe)

54 minutes ago, Mystic said:

SO Commander: 2 slots.

You need 1 officer and 1 commander job, both cannot be commander job (this is how all subunits in the server are set out I believe)

I won't vote but I will say this is just never going to pass:

- you are not getting more models

- you just got DD models (they're not wasting their own money like that)

- Founders want SO as a separate batt not a sub unit

- some founders don't want regular clones having cloaks at all

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 2

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

4 minutes ago, Comics said:

You need 1 officer and 1 commander job, both cannot be commander job (this is how all subunits in the server are set out I believe)

I won't vote but I will say this is just never going to pass:

- you are not getting more models

- you just got DD models (they're not wasting their own money like that)

- Founders want SO as a separate batt not a sub unit

- some founders don't want regular clones having cloaks at all

I'll make a battalion suggestion when we can support a battalion.

This is how the prior SO subunit worked. I was simply implying to reinstate how it was. Adjustments can be made. It was just made that SO CMD had 2 models on it, Blackout (CMD) and Jet (XO).  If they want to swap the models to the respective jobs more power to them. But i very clearly stated at the bottom that this is subject to any change and adjustment.

Edited by Mystic

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

One of the biggest +1's ive ever given. Long overdue. SO is way better than DD and always will be. My best time on synergy was as blackout and im sure other can say the same. Sadly if it does return i wont be able to see it due to me being overseas atm. I have full trust in mystic that he will be able to implement and utalize SO to the max. I encourage others to look back at the glory days of SO and remember the great times and how happy and active the 21st was back then. :monkaGun: 

this isnt an option

conform or perish

Former 327th Former DU Officer x2 Former 501st TC Last ATKO Former Blackout and Shortest JetFormer 41st GCD Cooker Former CIS Droideka Former 104th Wolpack Lead Warthog 212th GC Jedi Knight Siri Tachi 

"Certified Clover Crew Member"-Lucky IKEA Squad 2019-Omalic

I saw this mentioned in a few vores,  

SO already have models that were reasonable new and look fine. Not much you can do with black armour.

And they can use the DD models so they have sealed suits.

+1 

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

So ready to be attacked here, but I just don’t like cloaks. I don’t like them. I don’t think the guild spy job should exsist. I think Jedi shadow makes it too easy to cloak for Jedi. I think omega being the only ones with cloaks is good. The less cloaks we have on the server the better in my opinion. 
I get why you guys like so and want them back I really do. But I just hate cloaking. The times I’ve seen it ruin something vastly out number the times I’ve seen it lead to good RP. When I was director and SO was kinda peaked out it’s mind cloaking rules where argued every week. The more cloaked people the more problems. 

• Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

27 minutes ago, Conrad said:

So ready to be attacked here, but I just don’t like cloaks. I don’t like them. I don’t think the guild spy job should not exsist. I think Jedi shadow makes it too easy to cloak for Jedi. I think omega being the only ones with cloaks is good. The less cloaks we have on the server the better in my opinion. 
I get why you guys like so and want them back I really do. But I just hate cloaking. The times I’ve seen it ruin something vastly out number the times I’ve seen it lead to good RP. When I was director and SO was kinda peaked out it’s mind cloaking rules where argued every week. The more cloaked people the more problems. 

I respect your opinion, but in all there was no real criticism here other than your own experiences. 

SO didnt have these issues when i was CMD. Nor were they an issue under Blank or Apoc. This seems a little one sided and more in line with the leadership. SO was a 1 strike removal. It should always stay this way. If we want to clamp down on cloakers, thats fine. It just seems that the amount of people attracted to this sub-unit would do far more in terms of helping boost population, rather than hurt the playerbase or the atmosphere of the server. 

Either way i always appreciate your input, I just think in this case it is a difference in perspectives.

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1
  • Dumb 1

I'm going to +1 this suggestion not because I personally want SO back but just because of what it can bring back to the server. It helps GM's think outside the box as to creating events and such. However I understand the main issue with SO being the cloaks as @Conradhas pointed out. My time as BCMD and CMD Blackout there were some situations of minges being cringe with cloaking and yes it caused issues, but those issues were resolved once we knew what was going on.  SO will always be that odd group but it made the whole 21st feel different that the other battalions and weren't just a Purple/White 212th battalion. 

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

+1 so the SO sub unit is one of the best things the server had, the cloak made event’s extremely better EJ couldn’t just camp a door way because SO would walk behind them and stab them with the knife. Also that build battalion relationship because Wolfpack and SO worked closely in case negotiations didn’t go right SO was the fall back. Plus the all black white and red was clean as fuck, just don’t fuck the SO ARC with that grey chest piece that doesn’t match. Also can we bring back the knife like I miss sneaking up on EJ with a knife. 

p.S if they have the purge Trooper Helmets I’m fittin to fail NNN 

Edited by KillJoy
  • Funny 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Huge +1, in my time as Jet i don't think I had a single insident of cloaking misuse. As stated before by misfit it was a 1 strike system and the ability to have SO checking for data, along with the ability to see cloakers made it so the GMs actually had to think rather than just giving a commando droid a cloak and running to blow up HMC. I feel like this will also bring back players to the battalion. (very biased, but i would love to see 21st... i mean GM thrive after than being slept on and wiped 500000000 times)

Current: Poker

Prior: Poker

Veteran Admin

+1

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

This is an extremely well written out suggestion, kudos to you. 

I agree in every aspect, removing things people loved should have never been the way this server operated, it was a negative trait and was generally bad business. I’d even go as far as who gives a fuck if we have an over incumbrance of battalions, our server would have that wide variety people would love. Our server runs the worst I’ve ever seen it in all my time here, which is incredibly weird seeing as we were removing things to help with performance.

+1, great suggestion. It’s okay to revert back to things sometimes.

• Agree 1

+1

A lot of members of GM understand my discontent for the original changes that occurred back in May.  However, it doesn't matter to me anymore since I'm not a part of Galactic Marines anymore.

I would like to say that during my 6 months of Siege Regimental, I only saw exemplary RP from Special Operations in that period of time.  I took part with them in a few Deployments and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them, let alone the rest of the Galactic Marines.  Many times they would be actively searching for detected cloaked individuals on base, while Omega rarely did (at that time). I think they play a role on the server, and are of course one of the most unique sub-battalions on the server. I'm not sure how the server is going and I'm not sure if this will create a net positive for the server, but I'd like to see them back in the server.

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

As former SO and Blackout I never understood why on earths name one of the most unique and fun Subunits, was ever removed in favor of something that already existed. The most fun I had on this server was Roleplaying with these guys. Regarding concerns of abuse or elitism, the last few Blackouts ( Apoc, myself, deathtiger ) made it our Job to always crack down on any Elitist tendencies aswell as making sure that cloaking rules were strictly followed. We always made sure to only allow people into SO that we knew would follow our strict guidelines and remove people unfit for SO. And as much as I hate saying it, no one EVER asked for a Jetpack Unit which essentially felt like a copy and paste of 2ndAC. 
It made me feel bad for 212th even, as the Jetpack thing was something that made them unique. As was already mentioned being unique is much more Important than all being the same. For if we all were the same, we might aswell all be CT's

Regarding the new Models DD just got: I am aware that it was a lot of work to give us something cool looking. And I personally wouldn't mind keeping the models around for SO or using the old ones.

This change is something that everybody whithin the Battalion wants so of course a BIG +1

It was a mistake to remove Special Operations. It is clear with how the struggles with the GM have been since the "Rework". The original concern about SO taking precedent over the main battalion should have been looked at in a different light as it did bring people to GM and to the server as a whole. It's a unique group that brings in players, +1.

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

Forum Admin

I am positive, that if cloaking rules were just clamped down on, this would not be an issue. Problems like this stem from a lack of intervention, and I have seen SO done right plenty enough times that make me confident in their ability to return.

My only concern, is that I would like to make sure SO don't become the main characters upon their return. Many times as a GM, I have received that fateful "@ bomb defused" ticket; only to find an SO member who cloaked ahead of the entire forward push, and sneaked to the final objective.

+1 with oversight :D

• Dumb 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

Ngl I was like a SPC when i first found out abt these guys but they gave me some of my best memories. I understand they could be a lil aids to fight against but they are like one of the best Subunits fr. They are an actual W Subunit and they need to come back love them.

:monkaMEGA:Yea I'm Joe's son :POGGERS:

(Thanks Naffen for the pepe stuff)

27 minutes ago, Guac said:

I am positive, that if cloaking rules were just clamped down on, this would not be an issue. Problems like this stem from a lack of intervention, and I have seen SO done right plenty enough times that make me confident in their ability to return.

My only concern, is that I would like to make sure SO don't become the main characters upon their return. Many times as a GM, I have received that fateful "@ bomb defused" ticket; only to find an SO member who cloaked ahead of the entire forward push, and sneaked to the final objective.

+1 with oversight :D

I will add on to this, If this is reinstated I will more than likely go for a 2nd term to make sure the team put in place is successful and will meet any misconduct with removal should the offense be grave enough. 

During my time in SO Leadership I removed 2 people total. After maybe 25-30 recruits? The rules were simple with harsh punishment. And I would love to have it this way again. 

For the GM part, i agree. I can't lie, i've done this but only due to orders from BCMD+. This is definitely something that everyone needs to follow, not just SO. I would be more than happy to sit down with server high command and set ground rules for cloaking as a whole 

Edited by Mystic

Banned

So ready to be welcomed here, but I just like cloaks. I like them. I think the guild spy job should exsist. I think Jedi shadow makes it too hard to cloak for Jedi. I think omega being the only ones with cloaks is awful. The more cloaks we have on the server the better in my opinion. 
I get why you guys like so and want them back I really do. But I just love cloaking. The times I’ve seen it fix something vastly out number the times I’ve seen it lead to good RP. When I was director and SO was kinda peaked out it’s mind cloaking rules where encouraged every week. The more cloaked people the less problems

+1

• Agree 2
  • Funny 7
  • Dumb 1

r4ymo.gif

+1 as the last blackout I 100% support this, SO was always a big thing that gave the server life and something different. We worked great on mission and help keep the bounty Hunter in check when they wanted to do some crazy stuff on the base involving cloaks

Edited by Deathtiger
  • Winner 1

DEUS VULT

The Wannabe&#39;s Corner | qipaos: Knightfall trailer aesthetics (x) ...

On 11/23/2022 at 7:33 PM, Mystic said:

For the GM part, i agree. I can't lie, i've done this but only due to orders from BCMD+. This is definitely something that everyone needs to follow, not just SO. I would be more than happy to sit down with server high command and set ground rules for cloaking as a whole 

Sounds like a Game Master problem...

But in all seriousness, GMs just need to implement stuff to prevent. Like SO need to uncloak to TP. You can also implement a rule where you can be thrown or fall great heights while cloaked. So a jedi can't yeet a cloaked trooper over a rayshield.

I tried to implement stricter rules for Cloaks when I was REG. Almost had them done then they decided they would just adjust the wording and told me I wasted my time, still a bit salty about that.

I was BCMD when Mystic was incharge of SO, he held a tight ship and understood that we didn't was people abusing Cloaks. We van reduce the number if need be and you can easily tell a BCMD what you want and don't want.

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

5 minutes ago, A-Tack said:

The return of SO as a sub feels like a pipedream, especially after the money and effort that went into the DD models (Cool in my opinion). THOUGH I 1000% agree with an SO battalion. -1 to this            ( +1 to an SO batt post)

While i would agree with you,
we just locked DU and Doom applications. Asking to add another battalion when we can't even support the current ones is redundant.

Edited by Mystic

On 11/22/2022 at 8:23 PM, Mystic said:

(Also, another bit of proof of how fun it was to die randomly, and how unexpected turns could happen due to player interaction, and how 104th is negotiating while we were disarming the threat)

By far one of my favorite moments ever as a GM but back to the subject. Seeing what the removal did to GM and the 21st was disheartening for a lot of people on the server myself included. Many people including myself enjoyed SO being on the server as it added a different element to many roleplay situations. Bringing SO back could be a big assist to both the 21st and the server as a whole. +1

- Your Local Headass, Bruise.

Former: Jedi Master,  BCMD Gree , Recon RCMD Head Admin , GMM, Adi GalliaCommander Faie X2, Cooker

I mean sure +1 it's not like we are adding another batt just a subunit. If anything, it will motivate new players and older players to join GM in general, so I don't see no harm in it also I would just add it into GM instead of replacing DD 

Edited by Wheezy
addon

make them shadow troopers for naval please <3 @Drone

Future Dev Team Assistant
Current:
Navy CoE Commander Tec, CT PVT Tec :sittingred:
Former: Fleet Admiral Wullf Yularen, Navy Clone Rear Admiral Tec, Chief of Engineering, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan, Null 7 LT Mereel , 104th Command Sergeant Major Command Sergeant Major, Intel Director of the 104th, Republic Navy, Coruscant Guard, 41st, and 501st

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

https://synergyroleplay.com/forums/topic/34876-polling-for-the-future/

• Optimistic 1