The Current State of Doom's Unit

Marvel

• Management

So High Command and Server Leadership have been keeping an eye on DU and the state of it for a while now. It's safe to say they haven't been doing too hot for a good bit now and they've basically soft locked themselves with very low activity and almost zero recruitment.

A tldr list of reasons:
Low activity
Low numbers
No recruitment
Inactive officer and NCO corps
Current server pop

With this being said High Command has come to the decision to hard lock Doom's Unit for the time being until server population stabilizes and we will look into reopening the battalion then. The few people left in the battalion will be allowed to transfer out to another battalion of their choosing.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to send them my way.

• Funny 1
  • Winner 3
  • Pay Respect 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Banned

i think the delete button on the keyboard was made for this reason

• Agree 2
  • Informative 3
  • Confused 1
  • Dumb 1

The long play worked. Waiting till he was director then remove DU

Just now, Jayarr said:

i think the delete button on the keyboard was made for this reason

Ermm I think this just won the internet!

Edited by Comics
  • Funny 1
  • Optimistic 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

3 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Time to get the treadmill out i guess.
Also wtf does hard lock mean vs soft lock. You say it, but don't define it. @Marvel

Only you can save the Doom's Unit, we need you conrad, you're our only hope! (except maybe only bro)

Edited by Comics
  • Funny 1

• Management
5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Time to get the treadmill out i guess.
Also wtf does hard lock mean vs soft lock. You say it, but don't define it. @Marvel

With it being hard locked we have stepped in and actually locked it off. No recruitment, no members, etc. Soft lock was just themselves basically being inactive and having no recruitment but they still had the ability to change that around themselves as well. It's no longer in their hands now.

4 minutes ago, Gears said:

But what about the Havoc Squad Lore.

spacer.png

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Our only hope for DU is @Razendude had the best DU with 15+ people on constantly. 

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor Shaak Ti
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Banned
21 minutes ago, Taz said:

@Brooklyn @Maddoxx @Mitchell @Dennis

Ready to run it back, guys?

because locking a battalion (meaning not allowing anyone in it period) and revamping a battalion (trying to get more people) are really similar

:pepe5head:

• Agree 1
On 11/13/2022 at 5:52 PM, Conrad said:

I know the number of people this effects is low, but are the remaining few people just removed from the batt?

On 11/13/2022 at 5:32 PM, Marvel said:

The few people left in the battalion will be allowed to transfer out to another battalion of their choosing.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to send them my way.

Give me rep.

• Funny 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1
  • Dumb 1
  • Bruh 1

Just remove them regardless of server pop sorry if I’m being pretty blunt here but DU was always inconsistent with members/ activity and for the future I don’t see a reason to keep DU if this is just gonna happen again down the road. If anything we have 2 options 1. Remove du entirely and keep what we have now and 2. Once we get pop up replace them with another battalion and see how that works. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://imgflip.com/i/738vr2

With the state of GMOD in general doesn't surprise me this is happening, consolidation was always in the cards at some point.

DU is arguably the least "important" of the battalions but it made up for it for having consistent high numbers and the ability to bounce back from slumps.

DU gave me my kick start back in to cwrp after the schism with IceFuse and I had plenty of good times with some great people over the years there, I would @ everyone that made DU great but for those lads o7, it was a great ride

Until CWRP is reborn into a newer game/ version of Gmod I think Doom will need to take some off..

@Marvel you did it ya bastard, you nuked a battalion 🤣

• Funny 1
  • Pay Respect 2
  • Optimistic 1
48 minutes ago, Chambers said:

With the state of GMOD in general doesn't surprise me this is happening, consolidation was always in the cards at some point.

DU is arguably the least "important" of the battalions but it made up for it for having consistent high numbers and the ability to bounce back from slumps.

DU gave me my kick start back in to cwrp after the schism with IceFuse and I had plenty of good times with some great people over the years there, I would @ everyone that made DU great but for those lads o7, it was a great ride

Until CWRP is reborn into a newer game/ version of Gmod I think Doom will need to take some off..

@Marvel you did it ya bastard, you nuked a battalion 🤣

Should’ve blew it up when you were management tbh

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Chambers said:

image.png

0b29bef5b37fa20b667381e7ec10767c.png

image.png 45th most popular steam game right now

You're lying, Gmod is doing as well as it always has, it's an insanely popular game. It's one of the most popular games on steam.

CWRP is not making it to S&Box, Garry doesn't want RP gamemodes (looks like his new title might flop if this is the case). He hates all RP gamemodes and want to make S&Box about the sandbox.

and if you're gonna say "oh I meant CWRP is dying" it's not it's still the 2nd most popular gamemode under darkRP. This puts it above TTT, SCPRP & Sandbox

Edited by Comics
  • Informative 1
  • Optimistic 1
  • Bruh 1

1 hour ago, Comics said:

image.png

0b29bef5b37fa20b667381e7ec10767c.png

image.png 45th most popular steam game right now

You're lying, Gmod is doing as well as it always has, it's an insanely popular game. It's one of the most popular games on steam.

CWRP is not making it to S&Box, Garry doesn't want RP gamemodes (looks like his new title might flop if this is the case). He hates all RP gamemodes and want to make S&Box about the sandbox.

and if you're gonna say "oh I meant CWRP is dying" it's not it's still the 2nd most popular gamemode under darkRP. This puts it above TTT, SCPRP & Sandbox

Mazen pilled

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

WHO THE FUCK KILLED DU. I CHECK BACK IN AND FIND ITS IN SHAMBLES. SHAMBLES I TELL YOU. 

No but for real, someone @ me if they try to revive DU. Ya boy will come off his 4 year hiatus for such an event. 

Ex-DU CMD/XO - Wrote the lore for the original Havoc Squad members, it’s nbd 🥱 - Just your friendly neighborhood fucktard 

13 minutes ago, Synyster said:

WHO THE FUCK KILLED DU. I CHECK BACK IN AND FIND ITS IN SHAMBLES. SHAMBLES I TELL YOU. 

No but for real, someone @ me if they try to revive DU. Ya boy will come off his 4 year hiatus for such an event. 

@

2 hours ago, TessaKitty said:

:FeelsTastyMan:

You are not Commander Fox please fix your signature!

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor Shaak Ti
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=