Finn's Attack Regimental Reapp (4th Sector)

Finn

Steam Name: Metacrisis

RP Name: Finn

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:51113824

Regiment you are applying for: 4th Sector Commander

How many terms have you held the position?: 3

How do you feel your previous term went?: The previous term was hard for me to judge. I started the term with 212th, GM, and SOBDE, and ended the term with SOBDE, 501st, and CG. All battalions across the board are lacking in numbers, but some had other issues preventing them from being successful.

212th has had a lot of very big ups and downs in the past few months, with their obvious issue being activity. In the past month or so, they’ve rebounded in numbers, though that’s mostly due to a number of older members returning. Their biggest issue is branding. They have a lot of things going for them, both in terms of subunits and roleplay opportunities, and if they capitalize on those, they can keep the growth going.

GM was pretty steady after the restructure. Before the model update they averaged 4-5 people a day, and now they have a consistent player base for the battalion. There are a few structural things I think they could improve on, but, as with 212th, selling their strong points is the key to them being successful.

SOBDE was pretty bad when it was put under me, and that was from a lack of enthusiasm. They had no BCMD, an XO that had too much going on IRL, and an unorganized team of leads. They 180’d and really turned things around under Naz, and when they started holding regular tryouts, the activity got much better. They’re nowhere near where I want them to be, but they’ve been one of the more stable battalions we’ve had recently. 

501st is a weird one, for sure. They have the biggest name recognition, and usually have a lot of people, but they also have the biggest activity swings. During Deku’s term, there were issues with getting people engaged with the battalion, but even with those issues, 501st was still the most consistently active battalion at the time. Right now, they have a lot of NCOs that are super enthusiastic and looking to be on the server, and are in a good position to continue the success they’ve had.

CG had a really strong streak with Arizona and Tessa, pumping out 10-15 people a day, which was amazing. Things have calmed down a bit now, but they’re biggest issue is motivation, which has always been their issue. It’s understandably hard to be excited to get on when you’re the people everyone yells at for enforcing the rules. If the current Fox can get his troops motivated to be on, they can easily do as well as they did before.

At one point I was the only SCMD so if someone asks I can give my take on the other 4 battalions.

Why do you wish to remain a Regimental Commander?: Right now, the server is going through a lot of changes very quickly, in terms of population, structure, and development. I think that I can help navigate these changes, and help steer battalions in a successful direction. There have been a lot of conversations with BCMDs and other SCMDs that I’ve been able to use my experience to help come to a better solution, and I want to continue to help the community this way.

Current availability: Mon-Fri 6PM-12AM EST, Sat-Sun whenever (Not available sunday 7pm on)

What have you achieved within your regiment during your past term?: In my last term I had about a full month of being the only SCMD, so a lot of my time was spent trying to help all the battalions. I did work closely with CG while they were in their boom period, and assisted SOBDE in organizing their high command, and got them a path to move forward. I continue to help 212th and 41st with any roster/intel issues that arise, and I also helped 501st get some clarity on their roster issues. 

What improvements or changes do you plan on making within your regiment?: I think right now it’s hard to plan for any major changes in any of the battalions, when the biggest issue of population isn’t entirely in the hands of the battalions. I said something similar in my last app, but the key things all battalions need to work on are:
Recruitment - I think every battalion has done an ok-good job on keeping recruits coming into the battalions. Some battalions are upping the transfer ranks, while others are looking for older members. While I personally wouldn’t advocate for every method being used, I think it’s good that people are thinking outside the box, and trying different ideas to solve a common problem.

Engagement - I honestly think this is the biggest thing every battalion could focus on. I think that in recent months the community has made great strides in trying to keep the community going, but from my perspective, the biggest issue is that we aren’t getting new (or old) members to stay on the server. I think the devs and staff are doing a good job at incentivizing getting on the server more, but this is also something everyone can be doing. I know it can feel pointless to get on when there’s low pop, but when everyone thinks that way, no one ends up getting on. If 5-6 people more would get on the server during low pop, it would cascade into more people getting on, and we can stop the downward spiral of inactivity.

For the specific battalions under me, I don’t have many notes.
SOBDE- I think SOBDE has been generally stable. I think the only things they need to do is keep a high command presence, and continue to offer tryouts for lore characters.
501st- 501st is in a bit of a weird spot, but once they get a Rex, they just need a fix on some of the leadership positions, and then they can focus on just being more consistently active.
CG - CG’s biggest issue right now is people. There’s some backend stuff they’re working on right now, but they need to get a big focus on new bodies in the battalion.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

19 hours ago, Finn said:

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

joker-the-dark-knight.gif

I don't really understand what you do as a sector commander because your notes on everything are pretty lacklustre. You seem to have a observer mindset so what do you do that's better than having the position just be unoccupied?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

I just wanna see you more. I know you do alot more in the back than the front, but seeing you in different teamspeaks now and then would be nice, interacting with you more in game would be nice and overall just having you lead your regiment in deployments or events would be sweet.

i can't believe you didn't work with GM at all during our whole week under you! :angy:

+1 i think that you have what it takes having interacted with you before and worked with you before, i just think that you could make it abit more obvious for the people who may not have known you as long, or who are new and will be deciding your position in the future...

• Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Forum Admin
22 hours ago, Finn said:

I think SOBDE has been generally stable. I think the only things they need to do is keep a high command presence, and continue to offer tryouts for lore characters.

22 hours ago, Finn said:

They’re nowhere near where I want them to be, but they’ve been one of the more stable battalions we’ve had recently.

I haven't had to really work or interact with you OOC or ingame, so I have little to no comment on engagement, however I would just like some clarification on these 2 statements regarding SOBDE.

What is it that you want to see out of SOBDE / where you want them to be. I know many people have taken issue with the manner of "giving out" positions, and also in regards to standards being lowered. What is it however you see to need improvement?

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

9 hours ago, Comics said:

I don't really understand what you do as a sector commander because your notes on everything are pretty lacklustre. You seem to have a observer mindset so what do you do that's better than having the position just be unoccupied?

Like I've said on my other applications, a lot of what I do is just advising battalions on what they should do. I think that helping BCMDs and commander try to accomplish what they want, and in most cases, they just need help getting what they have in their heads out in text or voice in a way that makes sense. I also work on making sure inter battalion issues don't happen, and mediate things between people when they fight (and this could be anything from member within a battalion, different battalions, or even factions). It's not flashy or exciting work, but it's necessary to keep battalions working in the best way possible. 

6 hours ago, Mystic said:

I just wanna see you more. I know you do alot more in the back than the front, but seeing you in different teamspeaks now and then would be nice, interacting with you more in game would be nice and overall just having you lead your regiment in deployments or events would be sweet.

i can't believe you didn't work with GM at all during our whole week under you! :angy:

+1 i think that you have what it takes having interacted with you before and worked with you before, i just think that you could make it abit more obvious for the people who may not have known you as long, or who are new and will be deciding your position in the future...

You're 100% right here. I had some work stuff come up the past month which really kept me out of sight for awhile, but I've been getting a little too behind the scenes, and it's something I want to try and improve upon for myself this term.

6 hours ago, Guac said:

I haven't had to really work or interact with you OOC or ingame, so I have little to no comment on engagement, however I would just like some clarification on these 2 statements regarding SOBDE.

What is it that you want to see out of SOBDE / where you want them to be. I know many people have taken issue with the manner of "giving out" positions, and also in regards to standards being lowered. What is it however you see to need improvement?

For me, I'd like to see some more RP in the battalion, in addition to more activity. I think there's a lot of set up for some really good RP to have, I just wish it was executed on more. Part of that is lack of people for sure, so I'm hoping that filling some of the lore characters will encourage some more consistent RP, both within the battalion and with the rest of the server.

• Informative 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Management

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk