Staff / GM Change 10/30/2022

• Coordinator

Hello!

Xaze and I, with the help of the high staff team, have decided to make the Gamemaster team public and open to all VIP+! This means that anyone who want to host events or encounters to be able to without having the worry about staff expectations (whooo!)

How do I become a GM?

Anyone that completes the requirements listed in the application template may now apply for Gamemaster (linked here). You DO NOT need to be apart of the staff team in order to apply. Additionally the team will still be run by the GMD, @BlueBeetle 

The application will work very similar to the staff application. Once you apply, your application will be moved to either Pending or Denied. If it is moved to pending, you MUST GMO+ in order for your interview, 

If you are accepted, You will be assigned the GM rank both in-game, Teamspeak and discord

This rank grants you the permissions to run an event or encounter. 
Some are, Admin-Mode, No-clipping, Spawning droids, Dupes, entities, etc...

For staff members 

A lot was clarified for the staff members in the meeting, if you missed the meeting please reach out to a VA+

Since it is no longer a requirement to be GM as an SA, instead of hosting encounters or events, we expect you take tickets and host patrols (7 tickets and 1 patrol a week is all we ask).

The standard for patrols are not meant to be anything in depth, unlike an event or encounter
Patrols are, simply put, having a small squad or even battalion to head around Onderon and encounter a unit of droids, BH, antlions, etc...

The main purpose of an patrol is to get players moving outside the base, utilizing the amazing map we have. 
We hope this will provide more to the players that wanted to host things but did not want to join the staff team

Note to all those wanting to move up past SA:

Despite you not having to be Gamemaster in order to maintain the rank of Senior Admin, you must be a Gamemaster if you are thinking of moving up to VA. Intinally all VA's hold the responsibility of a GMO meaning we will consider how a player is doing on the GM side of things when deciding on our next VA's. We want to avoid promoting a SA who has very little Gamemaster experience to VA, a rank that requires some experience within the GM team. 

We hope this will provide more to the players that wanted to host things but did not want to join the staff team

Any questions please feel free to DM me, post on the post below, or ask any VA+

Edited by Cubby
woney sucks at grammar
  • Winner 4
7 minutes ago, Mavelle said:

Game Masters

you becoming a Gamemaster right

Current: BCMD Bacara, Cin Drallig
Former: Serra Keto, Abraham's XO Pit Droid Final SO Commander Jet l First DD Deadeye

spacer.png                                           

7 minutes ago, Cubby said:

He already IS a Gamemaster

"Cubby is a moderator"

Current: BCMD Bacara, Cin Drallig
Former: Serra Keto, Abraham's XO Pit Droid Final SO Commander Jet l First DD Deadeye

spacer.png                                           

7 minutes ago, Aegis said:

Wait, can Liasons not be staff? I think it would be interesting to see you be a game master.

We can not. We’re meant to stay separate since we want to not have directors or HA’s above us so we could investigate them if needed. But since game masters a different team that doesn’t care about punishments or have any real power to it, just ability to create events. Well I don’t see why we couldn’t! I’ll be interested to hear what woeny says about it. 

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

10 hours ago, Conrad said:

@Woeny

since game masters aren’t staff anymore can liaisons join?

Agreed with Woeny. I see no issue with liaisons joining the GM team. If you want to go for it, go right on ahead!

• Winner 1

Former: DU MEDO CSM | Wolfpack Sinker Wolfpack Dash-44 | Wolfpack Comet Eeth Koth | Consular Lead ACE Manager Commander Wolffe Omega-15 Fi Skirata
Current: Delta-40 "Four-Oh" Fixer | Gamemaster Director
spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...

Damn only took like 4 years. 

W

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was