Citizens of the Republic Announcement

Metro

Do you like the idea of a Citizen Faction?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good Afternoon, We at High Command have concluded that the decision to remain vague about our plans for Bounty Hunters and Senators was regrettable, and as such we wish to take this opportunity to elaborate on our plans. Please keep in mind that our plans are subject to change as many of them align with the future of our game mode, which is also subject to change.

We are excited to present to you a NEW VIP faction on Synergy called “Republic Citizens”. This Republic Citizens faction will be ruled over by a Governor. The Governor position will hold a rank equivalency of RCMD. The Governor’s role will be to watch over the leaders of the different groups within Republic Citizens. 

Republic Citizen

We will be starting off by introducing a new default job to this faction with access to a series of gameplay loops and RP potential. Be it farming, mining, trading, whatever your legal and lawful lifestyle is, Republic Citizen has access to it all. Players will start off as a Civilian, and will have to complete a series of basic quests to get themselves established as citizens of the Republic. Once you have your Republic ID Chip and a few credits to start off with, the galaxy’s your oyster! Make with it what you will and choose your path as a Citizen of the Republic!

Bounty Hunter Guild

Republic Citizens are able to take a step into the life of the Bounty Hunter guild. The guild will generally run in the same way as it is currently, with the option of taking bounties and earning renown.

Republic Senate

The Republic Senate will continue to operate as it does currently. However, their pull on Republic affairs will affect the rest of the citizen branch much more greatly. We want to increase the progression in the Senate, and plan on having a few more jobs for Senators and Senate Security.

In Conclusion

With this in mind, we would like to hear your thoughts from this. We cannot guarantee any dates but are hopeful that the system can be implemented in the future with support from the community. We want to clarify that nothing is set in stone regarding the details of the faction, and we’re open to any suggestions/ideas you guys have.

Edited by Metro

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

Well, This looks better. But Im not gonna hold my breath for new jobs for the Senate.

Personally think we should put Clones under Marshal and VIP under Palpatine, That way its 3 Regimentals and a Marshal Eq for each side.

Edited by Gears

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

14 minutes ago, Metro said:

Once you have your Republic ID Chip and a few credits to start off with, the galaxy’s your oyster! Make with it what you will and choose your path as a Citizen of the Republic!

I hear a game mode for this already exsists. Its under the label "DarkRP". You should all go check it out.

Seriously tho, i see what you wanna do, but why? Why does high command think this is the best course for these factions? What do they wish to see our of this new citizen job? I've heard some things like "oh you can be a doctor for the Clones" or a "ENG they hire to fix stuff". But we have clone jobs for that, and i don't really want the clone taken out of clone wars RP. I'm very hesitant rn. What makes citizen worth playing on when you could be a BH or a clone?

• Agree 1
  • Bruh 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

I hear a game mode for this already exsists. Its under the label "DarkRP". You should all go check it out.

Seriously tho, i see what you wanna do, but why? Why does high command think this is the best course for these factions? What do they wish to see our of this new citizen job? I've heard some things like "oh you can be a doctor for the Clones" or a "ENG they hire to fix stuff". But we have clone jobs for that, and i don't really want the clone taken out of clone wars RP. I'm very hesitant rn. What makes citizen worth playing on when you could be a BH or a clone?

I think for what I could see from this is giving people things to do on downtime, if they have pluggins and system in place that pay credits or give something of the same caliber, then it could work. Either that or it does become this free form RP like DarkRP, which Im on the fence with.

• Optimistic 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

Forum Admin

adr

Republic Citizen seems like a current Freelancer

While I am excited to see this addition in action, I am hesitant as to it's outcomes.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

@Maddoxxis this why you've secretly had your name as Governor Maddoxx?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

29 minutes ago, SquishyFishyy said:

Lol yeah because the server needs more things to divide the player base at the moment... just throw this some how under friendly bounty hunters and it'd work very similarly plenty of people play civilians as bounty hunters already and dont even take bounties.

Seems like you might have misunderstood the post. We are not dividing the playerbase, we're condensing 2 different groups into one and fleshing that one group out more, giving its already existent members more options for gameplay and roleplay.

• Agree 1

Ex - Minge, Commander Fox, 14th RCMD

spacer.png

Right... I am going to say this planely, as this sound sgreat but is ultimately useless.

Essentially and the citizen EJ job but permanent, nothing wrong with that. The issue is that NO ONE will be on it enough for it to be more than BH mk2. The main issue for it is not lack of things to do or anything like that, it's literally server pop. 

I have looked at the server the last couple of days, and the last 2 weeks have been pretty good. Even in my early TZ I saw like 40/50 people on. But thats it, that's not a lot of people on the server. 

If you divided all factions evenly amongst the player base, which is 9 clone batt, 1 naval  1 jedi, 1 Senator/HC I guess and 1 BH, which 13.

50/13 is about 4 per group. In reality most clone batts will have more than the rest by a large margin and AFKs. 

I am not saying it won't work, but putting it simply.

Synergy has fallen off, somewhere, and we need to get back on but I am unsure how.

Anyway, I'm old and barely play anymore so have fun and such.

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 3

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

22 minutes ago, TessaKitty said:

We are not dividing the playerbase,

by creating a new faction that is dividing the player base more... currently those players will do this as freelance / friendly bounty hunter. You are then taking them away from that bounty hunter faction and putting them into a new faction there for dividing the playerbase from bounty hunter and putting them in a civilian faction.

8 minutes ago, Gadget said:

If you divided all factions evenly amongst the player base, which is 9 clone batt, 1 naval  1 jedi, 1 Senator/HC I guess and 1 BH, which 13.

50/13 is about 4 per group. In reality most clone batts will have more than the rest by a large margin and AFKs. 

this is exactly what im trying to say in dividing the player base more youre making another group out of something that kind of already exists and can be fleshed out there. The server does not need more factions right now at all....

Edited by SquishyFishyy

(BUNCHA RANKS AND NAMES HERE)

24 minutes ago, SquishyFishyy said:

by creating a new faction that is dividing the player base more... currently those players will do this as freelance / friendly bounty hunter. You are then taking them away from that bounty hunter faction and putting them into a new faction there for dividing the playerbase from bounty hunter and putting them in a civilian faction.

this is exactly what im trying to say in dividing the player base more youre making another group out of something that kind of already exists and can be fleshed out there. The server does not need more factions right now at all....

So we should remove a battalion!

• Winner 1
  • Bruh 1

🌓🌙

38 minutes ago, SquishyFishyy said:

this isn't division. When you look at the chance it is adding 1 thing. Civilians. I'll dive into each point

The Faction - Changing the faction from BH to Civilians can wrap all of my future points together, but in reality, they only things that are EFFECTING the server is a couple jobs (possibly) being added, and Senate being thrown under this banner. The focus of the faction is changing as well but that doesn't divide the server.

Civilians - The Freelancer Job for Bounty Hunters has every single civilian model they it could have on it. On this job, you are free to RP as a civilian. So this aspect has already been around for BH, but not heavily used. This would most likely because it's own job (don't quote me), meaning that 

BH - The faction as it is now would essentially become a sub-unit to Civilians, while still keeping most if not all of it's jobs. This will be an avenue for people to follow or go down, much like how battalion sub-units work. 

Senate - Senate just went under BH, which hasn't split server pop, as not has changed other than who they report to. 

In my opinion, instead of splitting the pop or dividing the player base, this actually brings them closer together. You are taking 2 factions and merging them into 1 with a 1-2 job addition and a new name (dont quote me on jobs). Instead of Naval / BH / Senate / Jedi, you NOW have Naval / Jedi / Civilians.

• Winner 2

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

• Retired Founder
1 hour ago, Gadget said:

I have looked at the server the last couple of days, and the last 2 weeks have been pretty good. Even in my early TZ I saw like 40/50 people on. But thats it, that's not a lot of people on the server. 

1 hour ago, Gadget said:

Anyway, I'm old and barely play anymore so have fun and such.

You don't play anymore so you don't know how great the past couple days have been. Stop trying to cause more shit on the forums by posting while uninformed about the current status of the community as you then mislead other community members such as @SquishyFishyy who takes your opinion as something valid when you haven't been on the server in months bar the 5 minutes you played 3 days ago (whilst we were at 72 players on a Wednesday).

• Agree 2
  • Dumb 1
  • Bruh 9
1 hour ago, Forseen said:

You don't play anymore so you don't know how great the past couple days have been. Stop trying to cause more shit on the forums by posting while uninformed about the current status of the community as you then mislead other community members such as @SquishyFishyy who takes your opinion as something valid when you haven't been on the server in months bar the 5 minutes you played 3 days ago (whilst we were at 72 players on a Wednesday).

Bro he... He literally said everything you're saying... You quoted him saying that

Bro fr did a /seen on him to roast him on the forums

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

• Retired Founder
3 minutes ago, Lovestruck said:

Bro he... He literally said everything you're saying... You quoted him saying that

Bro fr did a /seen on him to roast him on the forums

Did you even read Gadget's post?

2 hours ago, Gadget said:

Synergy has fallen off, somewhere, and we need to get back on but I am unsure how.

This is the direct comment that my reply was in regards to, which in turn my point stands... He's misinformed here which he has pointed out but other community members will also read his post and pick out the other points of his post to their benefit and disregard the rest.

Also I didn't do a /seen on him, I'm actually friends with Gadget and used to talk to him daily. I make a point to say hi to him every time I see him as he's a long term community member and friend of mine. I don't see my previous post as a "roast" either, I see it as a professional and informative message to ensure not to post uninformed.

17 minutes ago, Forseen said:

Did you even read Gadget's post?

This is the direct comment that my reply was in regards to, which in turn my point stands... He's misinformed here which he has pointed out but other community members will also read his post and pick out the other points of his post to their benefit and disregard the rest.

Also I didn't do a /seen on him, I'm actually friends with Gadget and used to talk to him daily. I make a point to say hi to him every time I see him as he's a long term community member and friend of mine. I don't see my previous post as a "roast" either, I see it as a professional and informative message to ensure not to post uninformed.

It's close to midnight Something evil's lurking in the dark Under the moonlight You see a sight that almost stops your heart You try to scream But terror takes the sound before you make it You start to freeze As horror looks you right between the eyes You're paralyzed 'Cause this is thriller, thriller night And no one's gonna save you From the beast about to strike You know it's thriller, thriller night You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller, ow I'm gonna thrill you tonight Darkness falls across the land The midnight hour is close at hand Creatures crawl in search of blood To terrorize y'all's neighborhood (I'm gonna thrill you tonight) And whosoever shall be found Without the soul for getting down Must stand and face the hounds of hell And rot inside a corpse's shell I'm gonna thrill you tonight (thriller night, babe) The foulest stench's in the air The funk of forty thousand years And grizzly ghouls from every tomb (I'm gonna thrill you tonight) Are closing in to seal your doom (oh, yeah) And though you fight to stay alive Your body starts to shiver For no mere mortal can resist The evil of the thriller 'Cause this is thriller, thriller night There ain't no second chance against the thing with 40 eyes, girl Thriller, thriller night You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller 'Cause this is thriller, thriller night 'Cause I can thrill you more than any ghoul would ever dare try Thriller (ooh-ooh), thriller night So let me hold you tight and share a Killer, thriller, killer, thriller here tonight 'Cause this is thriller, thriller night Girl, I can thrill you more than any ghoul would ever dare try Thriller (ooh-ooh), thriller night So let me hold you tight and share a killer, thriller, ow

• Winner 1

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Forseen said:

Upon reflection  I was a but too brutal, and I have seen how well the server has been doing which is did not express enough. I was more rasing a concern about adding a massive faction to an already pretty crowded server.

This is a prime example of why old heads should be taken with a pinch of salt and why I should not go on the forums before I go to bed haha.

I was even having a good time when I was on on Wednesday, it was more than 5 minutes as Meow can attest to but thats neither here nor there.

• Winner 2

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

30 minutes ago, Gadget said:

Upon reflection  I was a but too brutal, and I have seen how well the server has been doing which is did not express enough. I was more rasing a concern about adding a massive faction to an already pretty crowded server.

The intent isn't to add a massive faction, but to organize the not military population into a singular faction. We want it to have more things to do, partly because just Senat and BH in a faction doesn't make sense long term, and partially because we're planning for the future, where we'll hopefully have more people.

• Informative 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg