Metro's MCMD Application (Waived)

Metro

Steam Name: Metro

RP Name: Rancor CSM Metro

RP Rank: Command Sergeant Major

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:155561484

Position you are applying for: Marshal Commander

Why should you become a Marshal Commander?:

I should be given the opportunity to become Marshal Commander because I have extensive experience in Command Roles on the server and more importantly, I want to be a positive influence on the server during its trying times. I see myself as a leader and someone who can help solve issues. I have ideas and plans to promote roleplay through not only passive RP but through organized event campaigns. This is where I think High Command can step in to influence the server as a whole. On top of this, I can serve as an advisor and overwatch for the Regimentals, Battalion Commanders and help fill roles where needed. This is important as we lack a lot of Command Representation at the current time, and this needs some to take charge in those areas until permanent fixtures are in place. I want to work in long term solutions and not fill in. A big goal of mine is to promote teamwork within High Command to push changes that affect everyone positively. I think among my goals this teamwork needs to be prioritized as it helps with the rest of the situations. Finally, to summarize I am a motivated individual with the background experience to back up my aspirations and I am willing to donate my time to try and help the server to the best of my abilities.

Availability:
Monday - Friday
5pm - 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday
12PM - 12AM
But I am always available through discord.

Give a brief overview of your achievements and experience on the server:

Squad Lead (Ion Team, Omega Squad, Null)

SOBDE BCMD (Climber)

Jedi Leadership Positions (Big 4, TGL, GM, SM, CM, Master x3, Honorary Master)

Multiple Battalion Officer Positions (104th, 501st, RANCOR and 41st) 

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want the Grand Army to be at the end of your term?:

This is a hard question to answer as the obvious answer is in a better state than it currently is. I’d like to find a way to help promote activity and see more battalions thriving. As stated in why I want this role, I want to be part of the rebuild. I’d like to oversee the filling of a lot of these open command positions within my term with qualified and driven candidates.  Overall, I’d like to be a positive influence on the GAR, both activity wise and by filling the vacancies with qualified candidates to continue progress in the long term.

How do you plan to improve relations within the Grand Army?:

I have thought about this question for a while and just dealing with issues that arise is something I do not believe is enough to actually improve relations. The big thing for improving relations is encouraging teamwork. Even by battalions who do not share a regiment. I think this can be done through my plans with the campaign event system. This will force battalions to strategize and work together on situations/events which in turn would promote them to be closer than previously. On top of this I plan on working with the Regimental Commanders to ensure everything moves in a positive manner. This plus addressing any drama and issues in a logical manner is a great way to improve relations with the GAR.

How do you plan to improve relations within the VIP factions?:
This one is a bit tougher than the previous question. Mainly due to the state of the server my main concern is growing and encouraging the GAR to take steps forward. However, I think allowing RP to play out with the VIP factions is the best thing I could do as Marshal to improve relations with the VIP Factions. On top of working with whoever, fills the role of Chancellor to come up with creative and innovative ways to get VIP Factions involved. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position? Yes

Do you understand that your position has a three-month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your Marshal commander rank? Yes

Edited by Metro

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

HUH???!?!?!?!??! WHAT ??!?!?!??!\

+1 but where the fuck did this come from

• Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Metro I know you can and have done great but I have one major concern. Obviously you’re just coming back and while I don’t really care too much about that the past couple times you’ve joined back on have been for 2-3 week periods max due to things like work. Do you plan on being here this time a bit more long term? while right now someone might be better then no one I think someone who leaves a bunch of half finished jobs done might be worse. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

Metro I know you can and have done great but I have one major concern. Obviously you’re just coming back and while I don’t really care too much about that the past couple times you’ve joined back on have been for 2-3 week periods max due to things like work. Do you plan on being here this time a bit more long term? while right now someone might be better then no one I think someone who leaves a bunch of half finished jobs done might be worse. 

I am glad someone brought this up truthfully as I wanted to address it. In the past I have had some month-month and a half stints, but I plan on staying for the full term minimum. My work is in a place I can guarantee that I can do this which has been the biggest issue in the past, and I am motivated to do so. I understand a half-finished job will not be adequate and will not do any good for the server. This is really my way of trying to step up and help the place I have been a part of in some fashion since 2017.

+1 

• Friendly 1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

+1 I think you are a good fit! We had a very lengthy conversation a bit ago regarding your app, and I have the utmost confidence in your ability and ideas for the position. Good luck sir.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Two more questions for you.

Right now the server is at an all time low for filled in applicable positons. What do you plan on doing to help fill these positions?
When you look at the servers current state, what to you are the biggest things holding the community in its rut right now?

spacer.pngspacer.png

8 hours ago, Metro said:

I am glad someone brought this up truthfully as I wanted to address it. In the past I have had some month-month and a half stints, but I plan on staying for the full term minimum.

:PepoThink:

+1

• Friendly 1

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Two more questions for you.

Right now the server is at an all time low for filled in applicable positons. What do you plan on doing to help fill these positions?
When you look at the servers current state, what to you are the biggest things holding the community in its rut right now?

So, the big thing for the first question is finding not only candidates but qualified and motivated candidates for the roles. Ultimately, when it comes down to the solution its finding these people within the community and encouraging them to step into these roles. A lot of the open roles have no clear line of succession or maybe have sat empty for some time now like RANCOR. Those would ultimately come down to working with the battalion officers and respective regimental commander to find solutions to these situations. I find this to be an important job because speaking from experience I always enjoyed having the leader of a battalion around. It boosts morale, activity and I believe that it could play into the solution to your second question.

As for the second question. One of the biggest things I have noticed is stagnation. It occurred to me after the Imperial for a Weekend event how much passive RP and player driven creativity we miss out on a daily basis. And honestly, this was a big reason why I decided to go for Marshal. I want to be a catalyst to combat this and provide things for players to do within daily activity. There are other big reasons, a lot of people may be burnt out, IRL, disagreements with the community leadership, but the stagnation within RP is something I feel I can combat which makes it a priority for me to respond to.

• Director
Director

+ 1 this guy is a man of his word and does what you tell him to if you say no balls! Love this guy and I think he would be a ok Marshall commander 

• Friendly 1

+1. You have been around off and on during my time on synergy, and I can’t remember anything bad ever being said about you. You have received support from old members, current members, and from all over the hierarchy of the server. I think that this support is very important for our next MCMD, especially with the amount of work you’ll be facing. I see a lot of general ideas in your application, which is appropriate, and look forward to working with you/learning more about your plans. From a GM perspective, your idea for a galactic campaign is very interesting. 

• Friendly 1

Former: A lot of shit dude

So lets say you do get this position and you are able to fill people in the BCMD and RCMD positions. How do you plan to keep them there? That seems to be the bigger issue from what I can tell. People want these positions but with current server health it seems people get burned out very quickly. How do you plan to keep these people motivated to stay in these positions?

(BUNCHA RANKS AND NAMES HERE)

18 minutes ago, SquishyFishyy said:

So lets say you do get this position and you are able to fill people in the BCMD and RCMD positions. How do you plan to keep them there? That seems to be the bigger issue from what I can tell. People want these positions but with current server health it seems people get burned out very quickly. How do you plan to keep these people motivated to stay in these positions?

Great question, so truthfully the biggest thing with this goes in with my previous comments on stagnation. I think people in applicable position forget that they too need to have fun and enjoy the server because they begin seeing everything as a job. I want to instill the mindset that they can do their role and enjoy themselves. The key to this is controlling what we can control and not stressing about things we cannot. I think promoting a culture that is more about creating passive rp and player driven content would benefit not only the battalions but the leaders as well. Ultimately making it a better place for the leaders and those surrounding them. Hopefully this would combat the rapid burn out.

Edited by Metro

+1, I believe Metro is passionate enough to excel in this position.

• Friendly 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

Damn, What!?

Question, do you plan to focus on the RP influence you'll have as MCMD? We've had many MCMDs in the past very much do more behind-the-scenes work. Really only Xaze in the past year has done both super well.

+1 (Even though I'm certain this is gonna be a fat accept with little challenge LMAO) - Lots of good experience, a talented, charismatic leader. Could totally do it.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

2 minutes ago, Mavelle said:

Damn, What!?

Question, do you plan to focus on the RP influence you'll have as MCMD? We've had many MCMDs in the past very much do more behind-the-scenes work. Really only Xaze in the past year has done both super well.

+1 (Even though I'm certain this is gonna be a fat accept with little challenge LMAO) - Lots of good experience, a talented, charismatic leader. Could totally do it.

I want to lean into the RP Influence a bit more than anything else as I believe that is what will benefit the current climate. But I respect and understand the innerworkings and background work that comes with being high command so it won't be neglected in favor of this. I truthfully want to find a good balance to do as much good as possible during my term.

58 minutes ago, Mavelle said:

Damn, What!?

Brooklyn had good RP with his background into Bounty Hunter aswell but yea Xaze and Brooklyn carried. 

+1 good

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

+1 would love see u as this and working with u in and out of Rp 

• Friendly 1
Spoiler

2ndACS SGM BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

4 hours ago, Stockings said:

@Metro Do you have any plans for Doom's Unit?

Hey Stockings, Thank you for your question. So with Dooms Unit obviously the activity has been on the decline. The first goal would be to find out why that is and see if its something we can fix or amend. I don't want to take any drastic action with the Battalion but I would like to help encourage current and former members of the battalion to be around and enjoy the server however I can. If anything further needs to be done this is something I would discuss with the High Command Team as a whole and try to do what we can to help them out.

6 hours ago, Void said:

Curious on your current thoughts of SOBDE and do you have plans around them for your term?

Thanks for the question Void. As you know I have a pretty extensive background with the group so I usually always keep up with how its going already. Other than promoting roleplay with SOBDE, I do not have any major plans or things I want to do with SOBDE. I think it's in capable hands between yourself, Brooklyn and the officers. Obviously if there is any needed advising you can always speak to Finn as your Regimental or myself if I were to get the position. But other than that, just want to make sure you guys are included with the plans I have for Galactic Conquest as we have spoken about :)

Edited by Metro

• Management

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Management

Congratulations! Your application for the position you applied for has been ACCEPTED!

Your term will end 3 MONTHS after this post. Good luck!

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - ACCEPTED

• Bruh 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk