A New Laptop

Wolfe

Im In The Market For A New Laptop Just Seeing If Anyone Has An Opion On One They Really Would Like Budget Is 3k But Cheaper Doesnt Bother Me. Needs To Be Able To Stream Movies Play The New COD And GMOD And Have Ports If I Decided To Get Another Monitor. 

If your budget is 3k go for a desktop, unless you need portability?

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

• Coordinator
Coordinator

If it's not urgent you may want to wait a couple months when laptops/desktops start to have the 4000 series of gpus

7 minutes ago, Wolfe said:

Im In The Market For A New Laptop Just Seeing If Anyone Has An Opion On One They Really Would Like Budget Is 3k But Cheaper Doesnt Bother Me. Needs To Be Able To Stream Movies Play The New COD And GMOD And Have Ports If I Decided To Get Another Monitor. 

People Need To Stop Capitalising The First Letter Of Every Word Of Their Sentence In This Damn Community I Swear To God

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Ex - Minge, Commander Fox, 14th RCMD

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Xaze said:

If it's not urgent you may want to wait a couple months when laptops/desktops start to have the 4000 series of gpus

i need one for the end of the month or begining of November 

7 minutes ago, Mystic said:

If your budget is 3k go for a desktop, unless you need portability?

i got a desktop i play at home its for when im out on the road for work so i can still game and watch movies 

7 minutes ago, Xaze said:

true. If it is urgent, 3k can get you

-  A 30 series NVIDIA card or a 6000s Series AMD card
- A new gen CPU (AMD is probably better for the price range)
- At LEAST 16 gigs of CL16 ram. Probably aiming for about 3600mhz but 3200 would work.
- Beef up your storage. A terabyte atleast. Rocket, Seagate, Samsung all have fairly nice drives in common gaming brands.
- Get one from a trusted brand, AFAIK for years MSI has had some of the best gaming laptops. With ASUS in a close 2nd. 

Just follow this criteria and you can buy any laptop that offers it, just don't go for any sketchy brands. 

Edited by Mystic

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Banned

TBH with you I only ever played on one laptop and it was from MSI it was honestly quite good for a laptop in 2018, but don't expect AMAZING frames on a game like COD, you can run movies, GMod and what ever else but don't expect some ungodly performance.

But brand wise MSI is what I recommend they make some really good laptops and people might give me shit for saying this but some Dell stuff can be quiet decent. 

Records I hold: Fastest time to return and resign 4 minutes | Most returns and resignations 6 Times 

• 1 month later...