GM Rank Separate from Staff Ranks Suggestion

Name: Maddoxx

RP Rank: .-. no

Suggestion: Add GM ranks. 

Implementation: Add a GM rank that has building perms (spawn props, npcs, ships, etc...) This allows people who want to partake in the GM program but not do staff work the ability to do so and will allow staff members who don't have the creativity to build large scale events and stuff the ability to just do staff sided work. 

GM rank would be a separate rank like SUB or VIP 

EX you could be 

GM 
GM NA 
GM A 
GM SA 

• Agree 2

Banned

+1

People willing to join this team would be much more excited and available to do events in a constant, compared to those who are forced to right now.
This also allows for higher quality staff members, as the bar will raise ten-fold. Giving the community another branch to put in some work without having the stress of staff would be amazing, and could possibly be one of the top solutions as of late to fix our server pop.

• Agree 1

+1. People have always criticized the quality and quantity of events. If this goes through, the power will go to the people. They can step up and have the chance to do events without the hassle of staff and quotas. Also giving staff a break with the ever increasing amount of responsibilities normal staff receive. I see nothing but positives with this, especially with the lack of events that we currently see. 

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1 but this has to be executed carefully.

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor Shaak Ti
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

LOL You Madman, You actually did it. +1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

Forum Admin

This would in theory just un-merge the GM and Staff team would it not? Not that I am against it, I just hope that it goes well.

+1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

1 minute ago, Cubby said:

+1 but  gmsubvipsenioradministrator god dam 

time to make a copy/paste doc

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

+1 the only thing I have wanted to do 

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

Forum Admin

+1 

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Veteran Admin

+1

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

+1

I think a huge thing that is hindering staff AND game masters is that you're forced to do both. I've always hated this. Plenty of people want to to GM and not staff, and plenty want to do staff but not GM, and MOST of those people avoid it all together.

It also leads to lots of burnout and low-tier events because you're forcing staff members to be Game Masters when they don't want to be. It also leads to sub-par staffing because the inverse of those people don't want to do staff work.

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

+1 some people don't like being GMs, but want to grow their careers in synergy, while others love GM work but don't want to be staff. Those who wish to do both can still do so with this system, while also adding flexibility and opportunities for everyone.

spacer.png

• Retired Founder
22 hours ago, Maddoxx said:

Add a GM rank that has building perms (spawn props, npcs, ships, etc...)

Just a question on this. Would that mean that we'd be looking at making it so that non-GM staff members wouldn't have these perms? Would that mean only GM members can help with events/spawn ships/trainings etc.?

This is open to anyone to talk about btw.

10 minutes ago, Forseen said:

Just a question on this. Would that mean that we'd be looking at making it so that non-GM staff members wouldn't have these perms? Would that mean only GM members can help with events/spawn ships/trainings etc.?

Staff would have the option to build dupes or spawn things to help people (SA) and GM wouldn't have staff quotas, but GM Qutoas. So maybe they can do the same things, but the things required from them are different so staff could have 60 tickets no events, and GM can have 6 events no tickets. They both get their quota done but in different ways.

Edited by Mystic
  • Informative 1

6 hours ago, Forseen said:

I believe that this would be the compromise in my eyes:

- Regarding those who would become EJs for events, I don't think we'd be limiting it to GM's only unless it becomes a problem. We would still make it accessible to those who bought VIP. For non-GM staff, I wouldn't see the issue in letting them help if they choose to.

- For spawning ships and weapons and all, staff will still have the power to do it. But we would be allowing GM's to also have that opportunity. 

- We discussed as High Staff that Admins would still be expected to host lower-leveled things, such as trainings or patrols for the server. But we're not expecting them to do things at the level we do now.

• Informative 1

I was the leader of the Dogma Balls movement
spacer.png

• Coordinator
Coordinator

This suggestion has been moved to REVIEW PHASE.
(Suggestions that have been accepted by the community vote or through Founder approval and a concept is being created by the development team)

• Winner 1
  • 4 months later...
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

This suggestion has been IMPLEMENTED.
(Suggestions that have been implemented into the server)