Step up or Step Down

I understand a lot of people's "frustration" but the staff team, management team, dev team, and the Founders put a lot of work in a game that is over 16 years old. I will full on say that it is getting harder and harder to find "content" that can be used because the game is being pushed to it's limit. Plus a lot of it now has to be made as a lot of the content creators have moved on from GMOD. Things are going to be rocky, but no one said this would be easy, trust me, it isn't. Throwing shade at people who have a life and another job where they work 8 or more hours is petty. Plus these posts don't really resolve anything. It just turns into a pointing contest which usually ends up with the Management+ just scooching it to the side. There are a lot of you who are grateful for what you have, which does put a smile on my face. In reference I'll just mention MRP even though it wasn't the most successful adventure it did teach High Staff+ a lot, and going through what the founders went through I can say it was difficult because we didn't know if it was going to be perceived well from the start, it was what we call a "risk", it lasted for a good amount of time but in the end it did go down. I will always defend the Founders and those who are directly working with them as I will straight up tell you it is difficult because any response, action, delay, has its own risk and or consequences from the community.

@Square@Jad @Forseen@Woeny @Dragon @Many more who contribute

All I have to say to end this is; Thank you all for your efforts on making this community strive and shoot for success this long. I know the hardships and the stress that does buildup from the back end of things. Plus, thank you to Square and the rest of management that was around for MRP to allow me to help in the early stages with setting it up with addons and allowing me into the High Staff team.

~ Buzz, Joker, any other alias' I've used over the years.

• Disagree 1
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

7 minutes ago, Buzz said:

I understand a lot of people's "frustration" but the staff team, management team, dev team, and the Founders put a lot of work in a game that is over 16 years old. I will full on say that it is getting harder and harder to find "content" that can be used because the game is being pushed to it's limit. Plus a lot of it now has to be made as a lot of the content creators have moved on from GMOD. Things are going to be rocky, but no one said this would be easy, trust me, it isn't. Throwing shade at people who have a life and another job where they work 8 or more hours is petty. Plus these posts don't really resolve anything. It just turns into a pointing contest which usually ends up with the Management+ just scooching it to the side. There are a lot of you who are grateful for what you have, which does put a smile on my face. In reference I'll just mention MRP even though it wasn't the most successful adventure it did teach High Staff+ a lot, and going through what the founders went through I can say it was difficult because we didn't know if it was going to be perceived well from the start, it was what we call a "risk", it lasted for a good amount of time but in the end it did go down. I will always defend the Founders and those who are directly working with them as I will straight up tell you it is difficult because any response, action, delay, has its own risk and or consequences from the community.

@Square@Jad @Forseen@Woeny @Dragon @Many more who contribute

All I have to say to end this is; Thank you all for your efforts on making this community strive and shoot for success this long. I know the hardships and the stress that does buildup from the back end of things. Plus, thank you to Square and the rest of management that was around for MRP to allow me to help in the early stages with setting it up with addons and allowing me into the High Staff team.

~ Buzz, Joker, any other alias' I've used over the years.

Damn you got on the forums. Good to see you.

• Funny 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor Shaak Ti
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

58 minutes ago, Buzz said:

Don't mind the ancient artifact. I lurk when least expect it.

200 rep! woohoo! you should come back too :pepeLaugh:

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor Shaak Ti
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

11 hours ago, Mystic said:

200 rep! woohoo! you should come back too :pepeLaugh:

I don't have the time to be honest, I work as a Rent-A-Cop and work overnights. I'd be asleep during the day.

Image result for hell or high water jeff bridges

Choose your place, hell or high water, there is no in between.

I've played on Synergy on and off since Augst 15th 2017 all the way from CG to 212th to 21st, and in that entire time I have never looked at a forum post so true that it hurts and I miss when the server was as big as it used to be. I hope the founders see this and change things because this is a genuine cry for help that shouldn't be ignored

• Agree 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I know I'm late to this post, but I'd like to take this opportunity to discuss why myself and a group of my friends left the server.

First and foremost, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm sure some of you if not most of you know me, but others may not. Well hello there, I'm Axar, or Atark, or others. In the past, I was a Community Member from 2018-2022. Almost 4 years, just minus a few months. I have been a loyal patron and put in hundreds of my hard earned dollars into Synergy. I have devoted myself to the Staff team three times, once to Admin, once to Admin again, and once to Veteran Admin and GMO. In 2018 I was prevalent in Naval and SO. 2019 - CG. 2020 - I floated around. 2021 - CG and 212th. 2022, 212th Naval and Jedi. I worked to the Senior Officer ranks in 212th. Knight in Jedi, and at my peak, I was Rear Admiral Tarkin under Alfa then Boutineer. Oh the good ol days.

So now that I've established myself, let's discuss first what kept me here. At first, I tried to find a server that was well established, but not so popular that it was bloated. Synergy was this. With other servers I joined and didn't feel welcomed. Waiting extended periods of time for trainers or any sort of help. Not on Synergy. I was trained right away, the staff team were active, when I first joined actually it was in the middle of an event and instead of sending me away, they gave me a gun and let me fight. I quickly found friends and after a while set myself in stone here. I felt free to do what I wanted as long as it fit. I was even allowed to make my own squad in SO. I didn't come back because I had to. I came back because I wanted to. I took a few breaks around 2019-2021, but I always returned. In fact, in 2022 I had some of my most fun, but the year 2022 is also when I left.

Where did it go wrong?

Before I continue, I feel the need to remind anyone who may read this. This is all my experience. This is all why I personally left the server. This is not calling anyone specific out, this is not a solution, this is not a reason anyone else left. This is all my point of view. The entire point of this is to give a glimpse as to why one loyal community member left, in a hope to give clues to the overall reason people are leaving.

In 2022, I had the best experiences on Synergy. But also the worst I've ever seen.

The decline started within the Staff Team. I worked my way up to Veteran Admin and Game Master Officer. On my way working up I had pushed myself so hard just to achieve a position on a game. Once I achieved Veteran Admin, it almost felt like there were factions within the High Staff team and I was finally seeing enough to get a glimpse at this. There was little unity overall. Certain groups were supporting eachother while hoping to get rid of competition. I myself felt after time that I was victim to a certain "faction" wanting to get rid of me, and although I tried to report some of the people within it, and had evidence against them, nothing was done to fix it, which is what overall lead to me resigning from staff. 

Although the Staff Team ruined a lot of my love for the Server, I would look elsewhere. Navy, Bounty Hunters, Jedi. And for a time, this really did make my love come back again for Synergy. Myself and a group of others from 212th formed a Bounty Hunter Clan, "Euphoria" and it was some of the most fun I've had on the Server to date. We kept coming back as a group, we would get on, cause chaos but also fun for everyone, and our numbers were rising. But as we grew, we also had members joining who didn't care for the rules and just wanted to cause chaos. We were warned about this and each time a member broke a rule, they were warned or removed. We always communicated extensively with Guild Leadership and were more than cooperative. But that didn't solve it. One last member caused an issue, and we were essentially told, either disband your faction, or kick everyone out that isn't leadership. Due to this, our group was disbanded, and the last sparks of love and joy for Synergy, were gone. Myself and other patrons and loyal members left that same day. And it almost seemed like nobody cared. Obviously people did, but the Staff, the Leadership, they just dumbed us and laughed it off.

After both the Staff Team, The Bounty Hunter stuff, and some other stuff I didn't mention (Drama in 212th, BS in Navy), I had finally had enough.

So, now let's sum this up. How I went from playing constantly for almost 4 years, to leaving the community and giving up hope.

- First, the Staff Team. Not the actual team and the members on it, but how it works. At some point or another most community members would give a hand at staff, but once you join Staff on Synergy, it becomes a job. An obligation. And with that, goes the fun. The endless quotas and requirements, forms you have to fill out just to take a week off, rather than just a quick message to high staff that could be communicated. The fact that Staff were forced to be a part of the GM team and were expected to start pushing out events. With that came the unfortunate side effects, poorly trained GMS, rushed out events, and overall a huge decline in fun and well though out events, and a GIANT increase of bare bones shoot em ups and incoherent events. From 2018-2021 I can't remember a single time I complained about an event. In 2022, I can think of at least 5 FULL BLOWN events that drove me and others crazy. (That doesn't include the hundreds of shoot em ups)

- Second, the High Staff Structure. Although some members of the High Staff team genuinely cared and had love for the community, others just cared about the title, the position, and the shenanigans they could cause. And unfortunately, these few members within the High Staff team, were too well known and "powerful" to have anything done about it. Whether it was a Founder, Director, or HA. I can name at least one in each position that has broken multiple of their own rules and nobody blinked an eye, but if others did the same, they would be booted.

- Third, Leadership within certain aspects of the Server. It almost felt as though you weren't allowed to have fun unless it was what the leadership viewed as fun. I mean this in regards to Bounty Hunter, and other factions. Our bounty hunter group for example, although not particularly "by the books" and like other guilds, promoted fun and consistent roleplay for the server. Multiple of our antics turned into full blown events. But because leadership felt threatened due to a few incidents that occurred, and although we did everything we could to fix it, we were forced to shut down. Whether it was for their reputation, or because they were upset we weren't following their rules to a tea, I'm not sure. But I can assure you that just because leadership didn't have fun, doesn't mean the players didn't. But it's synergy, that doesn't matter does it?

- Fourth, a certain part of the Community. The part of the Community that when they hear a complaint, they click the dumb reaction so fast and so hard you can hear the sound barrier breaking. The part of the Community that swears by their mothers grave that Synergy and it's players are all that matters to them, but as soon as genuine criticism is posted, they dumb it, they laugh at the Founders "OK cope seethe" response, and they call you out for not being as active as them.

Alright, now you know why I came, and why I went. I don't play the server anymore obviously, and I peak at the forums probably once every 2-3 months. So do with this what you will, whether its inquire about it, discuss it, or be a typical Synergy "chad" and dumb the shit out of it. Because that's what you "synergy chad oldhead ex director head admins" do. You ignore the issue and you dumb things and act like you are now the coolest most badass person in the world.

You aren't.

Edited by Axar
  • Informative 1
  • Dumb 1

RIP Family of Euphoria

• 11 months later...
Banned
On 10/19/2023 at 3:28 PM, Bacta said:

guys they stepped up thanks @Xaze

Proof?

r4ymo.gif

I'll become the next founder and invest all of the servers income into crypto so then we can reinvest our gains into the server, ill step up

Edited by Piff

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png