Staff Feedback: Synergy Founder Team

Do the views and experiences in this report match your own?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Name of Staff member: Square, Forseen, Dragon, Jad @Square@Forseen@Dragon@Jad

Comments/Concerns:
It’s a bad time for Synergy now, and I know developers like Xaze and Jayarr are doing their best and adding cool features with engaged Director+ like Marvel, Woeny, Mavelle, and Maddoxx, but as some have mentioned on the forums and privately in TS and Discord, the community as a whole isn’t seeing that same visible and tangible effort from our Founders with lack of sharing the broader plan (if one even exists) to grow the server and draw new people in, and little engagement with the broader community in the forums (not posting for weeks or months at a time), Discords (never posting), TS (being in private channels with just their friend group, if they ever connect), or in-game (being so inactive they would be removed as a PVT in a battalion). Just having Synergy's only way of acquiring people being word of mouth and our server browser title of “Synergy Clone Wars Main” (which isn’t very appealing) sucks ass after a bunch of old-head competent people left this spring and summer in part due to their negligence. With no visible action being taken for this, it’s just gonna be downhill from here as more and more people leave to servers that have a higher population as has been happening. 

If things are going to be restricted and done only by certain people, they should have to be active and engaged so server growth and development can actually get done and this server doesn’t end up in the gutter in a few months after all the hard work those who care have put in. 

Square: 

unknown.png

The community never sees you engaging with the broader community outside community meetings that are always hosted and managed by others anyways unless forced to do it. As far as I am aware, your duties are primarily meant to be working with the Development team. However, in the hours above, there is a clear lack of this outside of managing the Developers, which is what the new role of Developer Coordinator could be doing.

Forseen: 

unknown.png

As you primarily manage the wonderful forums and TeamSpeak admins like Naffen, Daytona, and Maverick, you never seem to fulfill any other "official" Founder duties. I am aware you are in a different time zone than me, however I have talked to a great many community members in varying time zones, and they all say the same thing.

Dragon: 

unknown.png

Outside of members saying you focus on the financials of the server, we have never seen you connect to TeamSpeak or in game unless a store pack is being released. I am aware you have gotten a new job from what I've heard, however a great many of server members are in a similar situation to that and are still expected to meet activity requirements or communicate to the whole server their activity via LOAs.

Jad:

It is clear to many you are the most active in-game and in terms of engaging with the community and being responsive. However, many have stated that with you it is "my way or the highway". You should be more open to the ideas of the community.

Evidence: See above information. You can also view their forums accounts for activity in accepting/denying suggestions (hence why we had several pages of those active for quite some time before Jad and the developers went through them) as well as search for messages by them in any public Synergy Community Discord.

Do you want this to be reported to high staff (Negative or Positive): Negative. 

I understand the Founders don't have to play the server and have no official requirements. However, with the lack of involvement with the community and lack of public relations, it is clear to me and the broader community that without some action being taken from this highest step in Synergy management, it is negatively impacting the server and the morale of staff and players causing them not to get on.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Informative 1
  • Confused 1
  • Dumb 4

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

As someone who is a teamspeak and forum gremlin, I aint seen Dragon in YEARS. I don't know what forseen has done, like anything at all. Every interaction i've had with square the past year or two has been negative and he just gave Xaze his only job he actually does. And Jad is just the PR guy so hes clearly seen more often but he hates ideas that arent his.

• Agree 1
  • Pay Respect 1
  • Dumb 1

spacer.png

When's the last time we had a founder actively participate in a battalion or faction? 2019? Sith? Sometime during 2020-2021? The Founders are now never on the server and if they are, 95% of the time they are AFK. The ONLY interaction I've had with the "founders" other than the Community Meetings , Q&A's once a month, and the time one popped into the GM channel saying "Oh your models are coming soon" is Forseen back in 2019...which he wasn't even founder at the time. Maybe I'm remember wrong but regardless, the founders seem disconnected from the community they run. I mean, personally, it's hard to make decisions about something that it seems you're so far from and know little about, although, I think Xaze 100% deserved the promotion to Dev. Coord so maybe you guys aren't has far from the community as I think. 

Edited by Cubby
  • Agree 3
  • Confused 1