The Inevitable March of Time

Lix

Hi All,

It’s been about a year and a half since I lasted posted I believe. Some might know me, some won’t. I posted about this topic on my last post. How time marches on, and how little we can do to stop it. 
Some nights I find myself stuck in the midst of nostalgia, of the “good times”. But what are the good times? To everyone it varies, some during 2018. To others during 2020 around COVID. But again what are they? Was it the friends everyone made during their stay on Synergy? Or the fact that everyone, in someway, shape or form got to live out a childhood dream of being apart of the Clone Wars. While obviously it’s not what you pictured in your mind as a kid, fighting on the frontlines. Being a hero. But it was something wasn’t it? Or you would’ve never stuck around. 

It’s always a hard time looking in the past, everyone says hindsight is 20/20 but that’s not the case often. We, as humans, or at least most of us, typically remember the fond memories and drown out the bad. We look back with rose colored glasses because that’s what we want to remember. Whether what you remember was what happened or not. What you remember is up for interpretation. 

I’ll always picture myself, sitting in my basement playing Synergy, with the 501st Legion. Under Jackson at the time, because that is what I want to remember. Those were some of the happiest moments of my life then, whether I knew it at the time or not. I have countless memories of just running around the tiny corridors of the venator, talking aimlessly with names I cannot remember anymore. No matter how hard I try to. 
The many events I partook in, I could easily tell stories of them for hours. And that’s the best part. Every once in a while I’ll try to talk to friends I’ve made during my stay. It’s mostly cordial, short and sweet because we’ve grown apart. We have lives now, responsibilities. Responsibilities that I didn’t have when I was 14, or 16, or 18. When all I had during the summer was playing CWRP and an occasional chore. Right now as I write this, there is probably some kid making a memory that will last their entire life on CWRP. 

This is their childhood, as much as it was ours. And I’m thankful for that. 
I’m thankful for the fact I was able to experience Synergy, Icefuse, as much as shithole as it was during those dark days. I’m thankful for the friends and memories I’ve made along the way, and most importantly the lessons I learned too. 

It’s something not much talked about because of society today. About gaming teaching people life lessons. Genuinely good life lessons were learned on CWRP. I can say with confidence that I came away a better person because of the experiences I’ve had on these communities. Whether it learning to respect everyone, regardless of how annoying you found them. Listening when you need to and being open to criticism. It’s something undervalued because you don’t think if it when you’re playing games. Something that whether you know it or not, you’re going to carry it with you forever. A baggage you can never let go of. 

While this is a long post, I hope some people can remember some of the good times you had here, and the bad too. Because that is really what made us who we are today. 

Friends come and go, seasons and calendars change. Time marches on and all you have left is the memories you made along the way.

“We didn’t realize we were making memories, we were just having fun.” - Winnie the Pooh

• Winner 4
  • Friendly 2
  • Pay Respect 1