Battalion Buffs?! - OFHC 8/12/22

Xaze

• Coordinator
Coordinator

From the Office of High Command

8/12/2022

From the Office of the Marshal- Xaze

General Updates

Palpatine Change - For the forseeable future, Palpatine will be the same rank as Marshal. Palpatine maintains the same rank in RP however this change balances the work load in High Command.

Roles will be distributed following the below:

Marshal: 

Clones & Naval

Palpatine:

BH Jedi & Senate

5e1ffefd1f3e639f30ddfd22665ffa2c.png

Roleplayer of the Week

@ZerosCongratz on Roleplayer of the week. I asked in game & a ton of people put your name up.

Clone Updates

Command Meeting Battalion Buff Decisions are as Follows

212th - Health
501st - Health 
GM - Health 

DU  - Armor
104th - Armor 
CG - Armor

Rancor - Speed 
SOBDE - Speed 
41st - Speed 

Navy Updates

About 80% of the faction has been contacted about their inactivity and have until 8/17 to respond. After that, inactive members will be set into the reserve system and demoted to Crewman Apprentice. A new improved roster is under the works from Satan which will support discord automation. Naval documents are being updated and revamped, we have already updated the punishment guideline form. The following are next on the agenda for updating and fixing:
Engineering handbook
ATC handbook
Naval NCO guideline
Naval Officer Guideline
Naval Handbook
Naval Trainings Handbook (to be made)

Jedi Updates

I am currently trying to create better opportunities for the order giving them something to do. The biggest issue at the moment is getting Jedi participation. Obviously were never going to have more than clones but there are a lot of battalions that are missing Jedi which gives me the Idea that Jedi activity is really low. We have Jedi on at times but a lot of them are not really in branches or battalions. The order is just extremely complacent at the moment and that is something I believe is the main priority to fix

Guild Updates

The Guild is pushing out new updates with roleplay and continuing to promote RP.

Senate

The Galactic Senate will soon have its Chief Military Advisor, The Senate has been discussing ways to improve the Senate within and outside the Faction, The Senate will be making some proposals within the next week or 2 to explore many aspects of the Senate and the Server. 

The Senate Guard has also been getting some focus, with us finally getting some regular recruitment.

Credit - Squishy, Gears, & Dono for the updates. <3

Notes

As always, I am more than happy to talk in TS or discord at any time about anything. Just send me a message! 

Xaze#0001

ALSO DO NOT CLICK LINKS. EVEN FROM TRUSTED COMMUNITY MEMBERS PLS N TY!!!

Nominate someone for the Medal of Honor here:
https://forms.gle/pSVrPrk9z2gKsMUf7

“The Medal of Honor is for players who have gone above and beyond any expectation to support the server through roleplay duties and changes over many months or years, and have truly left a permanent positive impact on the server’s roleplay. Non-roleplay considerations such as staff are not taken into account for the Medal of Honor.” - Server High Command

Please nominate people for Roleplayer of the Week here:
https://forms.gle/X52cMURN9PRd7wg76

“Roleplayer of the week is for players who positively contribute to roleplay day-to-day on the server. If you see someone whose roleplay has made your time on the server better, nominate them for the award!” - MCMD 

The Community Feedback Form:
https://www.jotform.com/211176328554860

Please note - We're still tallying the RP competition numbers and will edit the post when everything is tallyed 

• Informative 2
  • Friendly 1

Please don't click links. You think you won't be the issue until you are.

Edited by Mystic
  • Winner 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor Shaak Ti
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

I think the batt buffs is a great change, Despite delays from outside sources HC got exactly what the people wanted. That's great to see. It went through all the BCMDs and all their ideas were accounted for and it all came together seemingly democratically which is unusual for HC but quite welcome.

Palpatine is an interesting change, I can see why and why it shouldn't have happened. I would've preferred a separate job created but HC might not have wanted a bloated system or maybe there was outside constraints. Either way it's not world ending. I think now would be a much better time to move Navy under palpatine again, it's weird the marshal gets rule over a faction if we now have a faction marshal.

also is it possible to make it so CG only have a speed boost when having their batons out? so they don't have double buffs permanently and only when doing arresting?

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 4

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

Do you guys plan to adjust Palpatine's pay to make it match MCMD? or vice versa?

Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

3 minutes ago, Mystic said:

Do you guys plan to adjust Palpatine's pay to make it match MCMD? or vice versa?

Palpatine is keeping the pay due to the lack of loadout compared to Marshal Commander.

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

• Coordinator
Coordinator
3 minutes ago, Mystic said:

There is no plan to adjust pay for Palpy
because palpy doesnt get a load out compared to the MCMD so we believe it is fair to keep the credits the current way they are

23 minutes ago, Xaze said:

Palpatine Change - For the forseeable future, Palpatine will be the same rank as Marshal. Palpatine maintains the same rank in RP however this change balances the work load in High Command.

I don’t think this balances the work load as much as it confuses the work load

• Agree 5
  • Confused 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

2 minutes ago, Woeny said:

There is no plan to adjust pay for Palpy
because palpy doesnt get a load out compared to the MCMD so we believe it is fair to keep the credits the current way they are

3 minutes ago, Gears said:

Palpatine is keeping the pay due to the lack of loadout compared to Marshal Commander.

Ah thank you, Not sure if i missed this i kinda skimmed through (my fault if i did) but thank you both for the answer

• Coordinator
Coordinator
29 minutes ago, Craigary said:

I don’t think this balances the work load as much as it confuses the work load

Can you elaborate? 

Clones just had double redundancy? We got rid of the redundancy and made Palpatine's expectations in High Command more clear. 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Bbstine said:

This means do not click the links in announcements!
Staff Feedback is a scam
Medal of Honor? More like Give me your Info!

• Winner 1

3 hours ago, Xaze said:

Can you elaborate? 

Clones just had double redundancy? We got rid of the redundancy and made Palpatine's expectations in High Command more clear. 

I guess my understanding is a military role (marshal commander) is 110% supposed to be under (lower than) a senate role - especially the supreme chancellor. And it was to my understanding that it was common knowledge palpy is just a third director. With similar responsibilities aside from the staff portion. Marshal commander is like the high command XO, while palpy is like a high command BCMD. - This is my personal observed understanding 

IMO wouldn’t it make sense to just have senior commanders then? At this point what is the high command work load aside from the weekly announcements and what is affecting the workload now? Do you think the current vacancies being filled will assist the current balance issue of the high command workload? 

I don’t mean for this to sound douchy even though it seems douchy. Just got some questions.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was