Armor not working past 100

Bug Type (Server:): Main

Severity level (1-3):  2

Evidence (if you can): Not really possible to give evidence without a video and my computer is not able to record at the moment

Description of the bug: So as Jedi it is possible to go down certain trees to have more than 100 armor. However if you have more than 100 armor it cannot be replenished by armor packs until you go below 100 and even then it only maxes out at 100. 

How can we recreate it: Have more than 100 Armor and try to use armor packs.

(BUNCHA RANKS AND NAMES HERE)

11 minutes ago, SquishyFishyy said:

Bug Type (Server:): Main

Severity level (1-3):  2

Evidence (if you can): Not really possible to give evidence without a video and my computer is not able to record at the moment

Description of the bug: So as Jedi it is possible to go down certain trees to have more than 100 armor. However if you have more than 100 armor it cannot be replenished by armor packs until you go below 100 and even then it only maxes out at 100. 

How can we recreate it: Have more than 100 Armor and try to use armor packs.

I think the reason this happens is the way armor is replenished compared to health.

Medkits give health over time to what the SET HP is for the player (can change depending on variables like lua scripts extending or adding more HP) whereas how we handle armor on our server is via an entity scripted to SET the armor value to 100 instead of increasing it back to max. If you have 400/500 armor and use a armor kit, it will set your armor to 100/500.

Essentially, its SETTING your armor value instead of ADDING to it.

A way around this could be to make an "armor recharging SWEP" that functions identical to the bacta kit. But it targets the armor value instead of the hp value.

I hope that makes sense. <3

With custom scripting, Im sure this could be remedied.

Why am I still here?

tFzBhdd.png

Its been like this for as long as i can remember. this isn't new and i think they know about it.

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

16 hours ago, SquishyFishyy said:

I spoke to xaze he said it was not intended and to make a bug report for it. @BigBossso you see this as well.

its been an issue ever since the armor drop was implemented. i remember hearing for a long time about EJs, Jedis, and so on complaining that their armor got reset to 100 after picking up an armor pack

Why am I still here?

tFzBhdd.png

• 1 month later...
  • Coordinator
Coordinator

This issue has been marked as resolved and therefore has been resolved on server or is unresolvable.

// LOCKED

// MOVED TO RESOLVED REPORTS