Prisoners of War

RangerDanger

Name:  Ranger

Who helped (If applicable): Wolfe

Link to Event/Encounter Document (optional): 

Description of event/encounter (required if no document provided): Rancor and 05 were taken prisoner and they had to earn their freedom and escape and then take the base back

Did any Bounty Hunters Participate:

Please rate using this scale

unknown.png

Please Rate 1-5 on each of the below categories (5 being perfect, 1 being horrible)

Gameplay:

Care and Effort:

Server Performance:

Prior: TC 1stLT Kano TC CPT Fives IC 1stLT Nye | GC Exarch Bultar Swan

5/5/4 Great idea to have us captured at the beginning and have us break out. Had fun.

Currently: Jedi Master Kit Fisto

Former:  21stGM Commander Ganar | 41st Commander Barriss Offee | 41st Jedi General A'Sharad Hett | Shock Captain Jay | Jedi Battlemaster Cin Drallig | Omega Niner

4/4/5. Really fun. Wish it would be more RP and stealth and not a fire fight right away

Current: 332ndO ARCL LT Sterling, Mrs. Jackson, Jedi Knight Silvya
Former: HS/DU and Knight Tiplar, SA x3, GM/GH and Alpha-22 2ndLT MEDL Aven, Master over Stockings in Boxing fights

1/3/2

The gameplay wasn't that good, even for a shoot-'em-up. I didn't actually mind the use of the new NPCs, but there were points in which there were far too many spawned--likely to compensate for the sheer amount of players that showed up. There wasn't that much of an objective either, a document was there but there was no real attempt to keep things rolling. For the most part, people are able to do it themselves with the limited knowledge given--but you need that engagement via roleplay and I feel this really suffered because of it. It eventually boiled down to just a shoot-'em-up when you had a decent roleplay premise at the start, something you didn't do anything with for the most part. Maybe some hostile event jobs acting as prison guards? Perhaps you should limit vehicles far more than you allowed as well, as there were a ton out all at once and that may have severely hindered the performance alongside the new NPCs and the lag that comes with them.

Care and effort is something that I think people can cut you slack for since you said you had technical difficulties with the dupes. There was a clear attempt to save it with the orbital engagement, the props you actually did have lying around, and the fact that you and the helper (which I think you severely needed more of) were really fast with response time. However, the orbital engagement got grating with the sounds of turbolasers going off constantly, the enemy variety plummeted when you were at first mixing B1s and Commandos and then just started spawning B2s everywhere. I did see you in comms once or twice but it seemed as if you really struggled to adapt to the problems you faced when developing this event.

The performance is a 2 because the only thing I'd consider a 1 is a full-on server crash. It was laggy, I client crashed once, and the map itself was very unoptimized.

I know you're capable of making great events, and I think a lot of these problems could have been mitigated had you received more help and spent more time developing the idea (which I understand wasn't your fault entirely). Maybe also split the teams up? One group could have been the POWs and the others could have been the rescue squad. I'd actually like to see this event tried again but with more polish since the potential is there, it just failed to meet it.

Edited by Ratio
  • Informative 2

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC