RP Name: Donovan

RP Rank: Crewman

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:198024168

Experience: 

Recruit - PO1

Flight Officer

Crewman (current)

Why should you become Admiral?: 

I should become Admiral because I will put forth all of my in-game effort to improve Naval and restore it into proper order on the server. I have a lot of experience in the past year on and off playing naval and have attempted previously to improve the faction in various ways. I have not seen or interacted with most of the current naval officers due to their outstanding inactivity. This means I won't have any bias with the current leadership and will fairly evaluate everyone within the faction. I truly believe that Naval will be the best place where I can use my powers within the GM team to elevate roleplay within this community to a higher level. All I care about is making a meaningful impact within this community so it can fulfill its highest level of potential. I believe I have proven this fact over my time within the GM team running projects that go well beyond the status quo. As GMD I am actively challenging the limit of creativity and ambition and will carry this same mentality over to the navy.

Do you understand  the purpose of Naval on the server?:

The purpose of Naval currently is a little uncertain with how much it has fallen apart recently. I personally believe Naval should be a highly in-character faction that handles all elements of RP pertaining to maintaining / operating the base, maneuvering battalions strategically in battle and commanding ships of any size. Naval should be the biggest coordinators of passive rp amongst the players as they direct personnel to maintain the base. 

Availability: right now I am not available consistently to hop in game from Tuesday - Thursday, 7am - 6pm.

I will very easily be able to manage my time between GMD, Admiral and college. My classes for the next semester are not too hard and I have a lot of friends taking my hardest classes with me.

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:

41st:

PVT - CMDR

CSM - CMDR

Helped 41st get last place in BvB 2021

Jedi:

Knight

Sage Manager (under jova)

Consular Manager (under katy)

Sage Manager Lead (currently under Squishy)

Staff:

GMO

GMM

GMD (current)

NA, A, SA, VA

Do you have a microphone?: yes

Where do you want the Navy to be at the end of your term?:

Currently:

Naval is in a pretty bad spot right now. Most of the current naval leadership are inactive and never seen in game. I believe that lots of restructuring within will be needed by whoever gets Admiral. In the past it was normal to not see a lot of people in Naval but now it is worse than it has ever been in the past year. I can confidently count on one hand the amount of other naval I have seen actively rping in game since the update first dropped. Naval has lost a lot of respect from all facets of the player base over a very long time, leading to almost no one wanting to actually listen to anything a Naval says or tells them to do. Which has only made things worse within the faction.

By the end of my term…

Recruitment

Now that the server listing problem has been addressed, we can start fixing recruitment into Naval. There has been a general stagnation of incoming recruits to the faction even after the update. I believe recruitment will go up, the more that this faction becomes active. Additionally I will personally incentivise recruitment from my own funds in game. Recruitment will become a better evaluation of the person trying to join. Also, the players that do join the navy will be properly trained on how to act as a naval. 

TRoBhIlbSx1TidmGDrjXvnRUDmTTd9WJgJxiaPQ1qZWjcYK34AA4aGffWFKOfzJLaaaj6W725_-s9sfMFNx1cbnuVAc5nYQYS9WHRkD6kG2wVsD7dVaJeeEQNzWNJlnJAh3SKaDNCFknqxcAbfgvDAI

The tryout bind is a complete lie because currently, there are no lessons or trainings on running the base at all. I will address this in the next section:

Training & RP

I would like to bring the Navy back into the swing of conducting regular trainings for engineering, medical, and ATC. These trainings are highly vital to obtaining many positions within battalions and as it stands now, Naval does not assist in keeping these flowing at all. Additionally, I would like to conduct training within Naval itself; teaching people within the faction different ways they can interact with the base, personnel, ships and frigates. There has been a complete lack of any training within the faction that specifically prepares naval to take charge of rp scenarios which has led to a sharp decline of respect for the faction for the past year. Many naval don't go beyond running ATC, talking in comms or adverting defcons because of this lack of training. I have rped countless times personally with various sensor systems, artillery, anti air, shields, and generators but rarely see any other naval attempting to do so during an event. One of the biggest problems I have seen is a lack of creativity amongst members to interact with a system that may not be actually built visually on the map, but still would exist on a republic military base. I want to attempt to address this by using training, documentation and personally setting an example of utilizing creativity to go above and beyond in rp.

Responsibility & Respect

Naval needs to fulfill its role as a highly respected group that has the responsibility of controlling all dynamic systems that would exist within the Republic. As it stands now, Naval does not have any respect and is so inactive that it cannot even maintain the bare minimum responsibilities that it already has. At the end of my term, I want naval to have a higher functioning job in rp. Naval are completely ignored and openly disrespected frequently in game and have been experiencing this for a long time. I understand why it has been like this and recognize that the faction needs a revamp internally so that it can obtain the respect that it needs in order to actually be able to control a military base, frigate or any other republic vessel. Naval will be held to a higher standard than any other rp faction. Almost all of my effort will go into ensuring that the current and future of the navy are educated and prepared to take on the tasks that are entailed under their responsibilities. I want the navy to have the respect within the community to be able to maneuver battalions during events, assign battalions in passive rp scenarios and connect all battalions together under one leadership structure.

Reserve System Improvements

The reserve system currently does not have any documentation on its rules or how it works in various scenarios. The reserve system will not be removed, just adjusted so that it does not impede on any progress within the navy. I would like to make it similar to the honorary system, where reserves may not play on their naval character without informing navy leadership that they are returning to being active. There also needs to be an evaluation that ensures that all reserve members who do return, are qualified to meet the same standards that all current naval members are held to. This would probably be a singular evaluation that checks their understanding of the naval handbook and other naval rp training instated.

Tryout

As it stands the tryout is really… really bad. I will be expanding the tryout so that it actually evaluates if someone is able to take on the responsibility that comes with naval. The current tryout does not have enough sustenance to actually evaluate whether or not someone deserves to become naval and if they will actually be serious in their rp.

Documentation

Multiple documents currently state conflicting rank requirements or other info. I want to spend my time as well fixing all of the documentation within naval so that the only documents listed within the discord are those that are important for naval to read. We have a lot of documents and various sheets that I'm sure can be compressed together for ease of access and clarity. Additionally, some documents that are linked are not even explained or shown to naval. The roster needs to be revamped so that it actually looks good and accurately displays who is active within the navy. Most people with the inactive status need to be brought into reserves. This is even worse now, since the roster lists that 61% of the faction is inactive.

ghlFk9YlVh-BkLx3-tD7rUkQBP7Z2hpC63lUT9uXxD6E8vhlb8e3CXX659PaOxaEgqK8oRsPGKq0qRTPBcoKsdlFPG7nB6p29GcJFf9XdBRShLn1b4qRiaR8mbbOdH8bTwY5QpAsLsx2ABXE0DipdgM

I don’t think I need to say this, but that statistic is way worse in reality then what the roster represents since the activity statuses are mostly not up to date. I would say the actual percentage of those who would qualify as inactive would be 80% of the faction at least. Additionally, the naval discipline guide is exceedingly lax. Most offenses within the guide should constitute rank locks, demotions or removals. Rank locks are not even listed as a form of punishment either. An arrest in most battalions usually constitutes a removal, demotion or rank lock. I don't believe the naval infrastructure is actually set up correctly to support serious rp within the faction. In game PT is a joke and should not be used as excessively as the current standard states it should be. I will address this so that the punishments will equal the offense and hold naval to a higher standard than any battalion. The goal is to establish naval as a fully serious rp faction that does not allow its members to minge or break server rules.

Out of date documents: 

Punishment Guideline, Roster, ATC handbook, Naval Handbook, NCO Guide

RSB

I believe RSB has the potential to be one of the coolest rp branches within the navy. It was just led exceedingly poorly and treated more as a ISB type organization that was super edgy and corrupt. RSB will continue to have the power to fact check all base passes but I will expand the ways RSB can rp as a morally just intelligence organization. To begin, naval needs to be restabilized and then RSB can be opened up with various improvements to their rp agenda. As GMD I will also look into connecting RSB more into work with the GM team so that they can fulfill an “intelligence” role.

How do you plan to change the Naval under your command?: 

The entire officer corps needs to be restructured and the inactive leadership needs to either fix their activity or be set to reserve. All Senior NCO and NCOs who are inactive need to be warned and then set to reserves as well. Almost all of the members with the inactive status on the roster, have not touched their naval character and in some cases, the server, in months. I will evaluate the current holders of all regiment leadership and ensure that each of them are fully active members of the faction. I will specifically be looking for people who are willing to go beyond just maintaining their training standards but also to consistently be looking for ways to improve their regiment and training standards. My biggest goal going into this position is to find and prepare the next person to take this position from me as well. So that any changes I do make to improve the faction are more likely to be long lasting. 

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: yes

Do you understand that your position has a three month term limit and you must reapply after three months to maintain your Admiral rank?: yes

Edited by Dono
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1
  • Optimistic 2

spacer.png

+1, I think you are the best chance naval has got at someone firstly getting Yularen and secondly having a decent Yularen.

You're not the perfect option and I can see you being hard to work with but you've got the right things in mind

Edited by Comics
  • Friendly 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

+1 BET

• Friendly 2

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

+1 this would be really neat to see. maybe i'd actually play naval.

• Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor Shaak Ti
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman

929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

I have not commented on a naval application in a long time

But, I do think the navy needs the care of a battalion. Yes I know the navy is now a faction, but recent admirals treated this in such a way that lead people to never get on. If you stick to your plan and actually do what you say, I think you can turn things around. Don't make me regret this

+1

• Friendly 1
  • Dumb 1

"A word from the Navy..."

Im going to +1

I think a issue Ive had is the officer corp isnt on when many enlisted and NCOs on, so they couldnt get promoted, is there anything you can do so that they can get some progression in these areas without a heavy reliance on Officers being on at the same time.

• Agree 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

Naval dead again? I'm not coming back this time! 

+1 mate, I reckon you've got this, just don't forget the fundamentals of running it as a faction but still keeping it enjoyable! The second it becomes battalion-ized is the second it loses it's legitimacy! 

• Winner 1
  • Informative 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Dumb 1

British

Forum Admin

+1 We've expressed the same thoughts and issues with the Navy and you seem to have a good grasp on how you want to tackle these issues. You also seem really passionate about this which is great. 

• Friendly 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1. Really great guy to talk with. Want to see more great stuff from this guy

• Friendly 1

Current: 332ndO ARCL LT Sterling, Mrs. Jackson, Jedi Knight Silvya
Former: HS/DU and Knight Tiplar, SA x3, GM/GH and Alpha-22 2ndLT MEDL Aven, Master over Stockings in Boxing fights

Banned

-1. Had terrible leadership experiences with you before from being inactive to avoiding your duties in a leadership position. Havent seen that change since. 

• Funny 4
  • Confused 2

Current: Jedi Master Diplomat Saesee Tiin + Alpha-78 Valiant  ||  Former: CF99 Tech | DS Rys | RT Bigmouth | 327th PFC Vindin

27 minutes ago, ThorpyVEVO said:

Had terrible leadership experiences with you before from being inactive to avoiding your duties in a leadership position. Havent seen that change since

Just out of curiousity, what position was this and when was it?

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

Banned
8 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

Just out of curiousity, what position was this and when was it?

GCL Faie feb-until he was removed/left, if you need further proof go to cooter if you really want him and I both wanted GC tryouts and was ignored constantly. Inactivity, both on Faie and after Faie on etain until he resigned. 

Edited by ThorpyVEVO

Current: Jedi Master Diplomat Saesee Tiin + Alpha-78 Valiant  ||  Former: CF99 Tech | DS Rys | RT Bigmouth | 327th PFC Vindin

38 minutes ago, ThorpyVEVO said:

GCL Faie feb-until he was removed/left, if you need further proof go to cooter if you really want him and I both wanted GC tryouts and was ignored constantly. Inactivity, both on Faie and after Faie on etain until he resigned. 

The time period where you didn’t get a gc tryout was when we put them on hold for a month because we were reworking the tryout and looking into something more ambitious within the battalion. It is true that I held on too long with my positions leading up to my resignation. At that time I had been Denied the one thing I was working at for 5 months straight and lost all ambition because of it. Not only that my college classes kicked me in the ass because I spent way too much time doing gm work and 41st officer work that I neglected my actual irl duties. (Skipping classes to build tryouts, plan and build events, etc). Things just kind of built up and i lost everything I worked on for months. 

i learned a lot from that time about myself and how to better manage myself. I have been properly managing a full time job, summer class, irl responsibilities, and gm Team leadership this entire summer. I took my lesson out of my time in the 41st and grown substantially since then as a leader and as a person. My passion for this community has only grown stronger. 

Edited by Dono
  • Informative 1

spacer.png

Banned
38 minutes ago, Dono said:

The time period where you didn’t get a gc tryout was when we put them on hold for a month because we were reworking the tryout and looking into something more ambitious within the battalion. It is true that I held on too long with my positions leading up to my resignation. At that time I had been Denied the one thing I was working at for 5 months straight and lost all ambition because of it. Not only that my college classes kicked me in the ass because I spent way too much time doing gm work and 41st officer work that I neglected my actual irl duties. (Skipping classes to build tryouts, plan and build events, etc). Things just kind of built up and i lost everything I worked on for months. 

i learned a lot from that time about myself and how to better manage myself. I have been properly managing a full time job, summer class, irl responsibilities, and gm Team leadership this entire summer. I took my lesson out of my time in the 41st and grown substantially since then as a leader and as a person. My passion for this community has only grown stronger. 

+1

• Optimistic 1

+1 I really like the ambition you have and the plans to go along with it. Just don't burn yourself out when the goals you try to meet don't work out the way you want to if at all

• Friendly 1

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

Congratulations, You have been ACCEPTED for a commander interview!

Please contact a Director to organise your interview.

Failure to do so within 7 DAYS of this post will result in the DENIAL of your application.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO COMMANDER APPLICATIONS - PENDING

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1